Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The softcore ladder page seems to be down, so here are a few questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Feb 10, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

The softcore ladder page seems to be down, so here are a few questions

http://spfladder.diabloii.net/index.htm seems to be down, I'm getting a page not found every time. Is there any thread with the rules for it?

Also, in the MP thread list, sometimes there are games for softcore ladder game. Am I allowed to bring a character that is not entered into the softcore ladder into those games if I just happened to be doing the same quest/runs? Or are those games really "ladder only"? Thanks

2. Pucho

Pucho Banned

here are the SPSCL rules

for your question, I think that you can only MP with a ladder char.
    what do I know, I'm in the HCL...
    Pucho

3. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

4. NSXdreamer

Okay one more question, is there any restriction on when can I enter the laddder, do I have to use a level 1 character or can I use one that is already in hell (twinked with stuff I found myself) mode?

5. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

Everyone enters the ladder at level one. You can twink subsequent characters with stuff you find with your first ladder character.

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Ok first of all, the admins (or more likely an admin, not sure who), have changed the index.htm page to index.html because of the automated linking they have, default points to index.html and not .htm. Anyway, the links that do work now are: http://www.diabloii.net/~spfladder/index.html and http://spfladder.diabloii.net or http://spfladder.diabloii.net/index.html. So basically all you have to do is to remember that it's the spfladder you're wanting to see, so it's the spfladder.diabloii.net you want to go to :)

So..to confuse you even more, you can play MP games with anyone, you just can't get hand-me-downs from anyone, you can't be helped to rush the quests and drops that are "caused" by other people should not be touched (because of their possible MF% affecting the drop). This pretty much means that it becomes too tricky to play with non-ladder characters for it to be worth it, or even fun. So...play with either SC or the HC ladder people, if you can't find a game for those, then there's nothing I can do about that, afterall we can't force people to play now can we?

As for already existing characters joining: the character has to be created after 24th december 2003 for the HC ladder, or after 16th january for the SC ladder. The character must never be twinked with anything from outside the ladder. Once you're inside the ladder, you can twink the character with other people's ladder items or your own, but never by any outside ladder items. Thus it's advisable for all of you to create a separate ATMA stash for the ladders you partisipate in. Other than the timeframe and twinking rules, an already existing character must be lvl30 or below, any higher than this will not be allowed. This is to prevent masses of high level characters joining in and discouraging people who are there for competing purposes.

If your character doesn't meet these requirements, you have to start from scratch. It doesn't take that long for a character to hit the lvl80 or so, took me couple of days and I'm sure any normal player can do it in about a week or two, depending on their playtime of course.

Right now there's some negotiations about the last rule on existing characters joining the SC ladder, but I will not talk about it before it's clear what's going to happen, as this will possibly be a major thing... in either case, go play and have fun :)

7. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Guess I am not that normal then. It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get my barb to level 77.

Randall

8. Ashlen

Ashlen IncGamers Member

Borlag,

Maybe the ladder rules for SC should be updated in regards to the char lvl 30 limit for starting. I was going to start my assassin on the SC ladder, but I saw the char limit on the HC Ladder rules, so I guessed the SC one was the same. Guess I was right. :)

The last time I had checked the lvl limit was on the HC one only.

BTW, nice yellow name you've got there... ;)

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

hmm, I did write that part in the rules...wonder if I forgot to upload it...

*checking*

edit: yep, I forgot to upload that one... Currently I can't upload it, even though I'm back at home and have the file here all ready, for some reason the ftp site doesn't work for me currently.

Will update the rules ASAP.

10. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Borlag, I clicked on the link in the SPF Ladder page that redirects me back to the forum thread, but it is an old thread, closed when the forum crashed, iirc. How can I add my char to the SC ladder? It is a Paladin, untwinked, lvl 7, named Sanctonious. Please let me know if I can go on the ladder with it, or if I need to start over . Character was created Sunday, Feb 8. Muchos Gracias :)

Steve

11. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

just post it in the appropriate ladder thread here, should be in the first page still :)

and your char is fine, unless that feb 8th was some other year than the current one :lol:

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

ok, rules updated and the links fixed to point to the right thread here...

Will try to do the actual ladder updates today, though my brother's coming over so not sure if I get the time, we'll see...

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

wise move with the character limit. i noticed that there was 1 guy with about 8 lvl 75+ characters from 1.10 and he wanted them all on the SPF, but they were staretd way before the start date, had been twinked and the highest at that point on the ladder was about 60...

14. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Thanks Borlag....no, it was this 2/8 :D

Steve

15. NSXdreamer

Ahh, Thanks Borlag, that explains it pretty clear. :)