Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The sky of nighly Gotham City is lit by the Brewman sign...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WildBerry, May 3, 2008.

1. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

The sky of nighly Gotham City is lit by the Brewman sign...

Yaboosh, come tell these louts how excellent mead is.

I cannot be bothered to do it and I do not command the trade-specific vocabulary to explain the inquisitive crowd how to make that nectar of Gods. Since on every May day, roughly every Finn momentarily becomes a homebrewer, I cannot truly appeal to brotherhood of the sort, but still... help a brother out.

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Re: The sky of nighly Gotham City is lit by the Brewman sign...

Aye, mead is quite good.

Is it traditional for Finns to make mead at home on May day, or do you just drink mead on that day?

3. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

In Finland, a sweet mead called Sima (cognate with zymurgy), is still an essential seasonal brew connected with the Finnish Vappu (May Day) festival. It is usually spiced by adding both the pulp and rind of a lemon. During secondary fermentation, raisins are added to control the amount of sugars and to act as an indicator of readiness for consumption; they will rise to the top of the bottle when the drink is ready.
    Do you stick a hot poker in it?

4. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

Most of us make our own mead, at least all the families I know. Some busy city-people have during the say, past 8 years, started buying ready-made mead from shops, but such an act is considered traitorous. I'd wager a guess that at least some 800.000 households still make their own mead, and I'd say that's a conservative guess. The mead is made so it's ready for May day, although as BobCox quoted from Wiki, our brand takes relatively short time to prepare.

No, they spontaniously rise after some 36 hours or so. You can try it at home.