Inspired by a recent SPF mafia game, I started thinking about different ways that we could play D2 as a "team vs team" competition. I'm looking to see if there would be any interest in something along these lines? Suggestions/input welcome, as the parameters are certainly not set in stone.All praises to Diablo - Lord of Terror and survivor of the Dark Exile. When he awakened from his long slumber, my Lord and master spoke to me of secrets that few mortals know. He told me the kingdoms of the High Heavens and the Pits of the Burning Hells engage in an eternal war. He revealed the powers that have brought this discord to the realms of man. My Lord has named the battle for this world and all who exist here the Sin War.
The main premise would be to divide up all players into two teams or "cults": Triune vs. Cathedral of Light. My objectives for this tournament are to include/promote more (trading, co-op, PvP) on the SPF. I've tried to come up with a new format to accomplish this:
- Un-twinked - in order to limit availability of powerful items. Members of the same cult can trade/share items.
- Players 8 at all times - to make players struggle with Prime Evils, and on Hell difficulty. Co-Op play allowed.
- PvP - sequence after each play period (at levels 30/50/70). Team-based point system for each PvP victory.
- Character level limits - Each act must be completed at/below certain clvl. Skipping/re-running areas for items/exp is allowed (no LK or superchest running)
Normal/NM/Hell: A1 - clvl 15/39/-- A2 - clvl 20/42/60 A3 - clvl 25/45/-- A4 - clvl 30/50/65 A5 - clvl 35/55/70
- Mafia roles - Each player will have a special hidden ability(s) similar to Mafia roles:
The Veiled Prophet - (recruiter) can convert players from opposing cult Procurator General - (jailer) can imprison and remove powers of opposing player Master Inquisitor - (role cop/tracker) can investigate/track players from opposing cult Primus (Grand Priest) - (recruiter) can convert players from opposing cult High Priest of Mefis - disruptive power against opposing player High Priest of Dialon - disruptive power against opposing player High Priest of Bala - disruptive power against opposing player
- Each player from winning cult gets Gul rune.
- Grand champion of finale tournament gets Ohm rune.