Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Scorpion King Needs Your Help!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Mephisto, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Mephisto

Mephisto IncGamers Member

The Scorpion King Needs Your Help!

I just started building a bow-weilding Barbarian that I'm calling "The Scorpion King"

Currently he's level 17 and is using the full Arctic Set and has done surprisingly well through Act 4 Normal. I was wondering if I could get some input from you as to what my later Skill Point and Equipment choices should be.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

2. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

skills wont enhance your bow damage, so you have a lot of different things to do with the points.

first get the things that will help your build.
    howl, grim ward and increase speed can help your build.
    no need to max them all though, certainly not speed.

max BO is no question of course. and 1 or a few in natural resist

with the many remaining points, i would max at least shout. maybe also iron skin.

you have no bow skills, you are gonna need AR and damage. i do not know if dex gives both just like for a thrower.

i see 2 options now. first is, go for the dex (i assume it works like a thrower) to get both AR and some damage. this would mean getting vita charms and having base or very low vitality. get many items that add to dex and str. this way, with a very good bow you could get somewhat over 1k damage i expect. you might still need to add angelic for AR. It would be very nice if you could do without it though, as then you have the ability to use atma's or highlords for deadly strike or amp damage.

another way would be to totally ignore physical damage, and go for elemental damage from charms. in this case you wont have vita charms, you will need to have some vitality, get 150 or so of it. You will now certainly need angelic to hit things.
    I am not so into those charms, but i immagine you would actually do quite some damage with an inventory full of poison charms. and it makes your opponents die a slow and painfull death (way to make disadvantages sound cool :))

3. Islington

Islington IncGamers Member

I remeber reading a guide for bowbarb in 09. I think that u should focus on crushing blow, open wounds and deadly strike. I would suggest Kuko for weapon, because it haves "Fire Explosive arrows", this way u dont need to get ar. And the best part of those is that they give splash dmg, with high crushing blow u should kill enemies fairly fast. Hope that helped, however i haven't tried that. :thumbsup:

4. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

AFAIK only throw master will help you...
    Islington: crushing blow isn´t splashed anymore, only fire dmg is splashed in 1.10 .

5. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

Someone call for me and my .09 Bowbarian guide?

Throw Mastery will NOT help a bow user. Please note that with 1.10 that a Bowbarian cannot do Hell alone and needs the support of a party. Shout and BO will keep your melee party members fighting and Grim ward will keep monsters that may slip by from bothering you, other Ranged users, and casters. Find Potion is going to also be a facotr as I have encountered too many people yelling for potions in the field. Leap is your jump option as LA will not work for bows. More speed is good, but don't over kill. The same goes for NR, but should be looked at in higher light as the only thing that can really bother you will be ranged/magic attacks. For stats, go for enough STR for gear, a comfortable level in VIT, and pour the rest into Dex for damage. I really, REALLY suggest you get your hands on both an Upgraded Buriza and a Dual-Shaeled Hellrack for offensive weapons. PM me if you have any more questions.

- Aduna