Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the Road to Zod

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cybot, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Cybot

Cybot IncGamers Member

the Road to Zod

1 Zod is equivalent to
    2 Cham or
    4 Jah or
    8 Ber or
    16 Sur or
    32 Lo or
    64 Ohm or
    128 Vex or
    256 Gul or
    512 Ist or
    1,024 Mal or
    2,048 Um or
    4,086 Pul or
    12,258 Lem or
    36,774 Fal or
    110,322 Ko or
    330,966 Lum or
    992,898 Io or
    2,978,694 Hel or
    8,936,082 Dol or
    26,808,246 Shael runes.....

So if you are playing on the ladder, say for 2 hour every day doing Countess runs,
    and let's say this gives you about 3 shaels,
    then it should take 8,936,802 days or 297,893 months or 24,824 years to get a Zod rune.
    ... assuming the ladder season does not end for cubing reasons.

Let's say you get really lucky and say you get 3 Io runes(is this the highest that Countess can drop?) in one day
    then it should take 330,966 days or 11,032 months or 919 years.

Start Countess runs Today!!

2. Poorlilbunny

Poorlilbunny IncGamers Member

woah thats crazy lol didnt know zod was THAT rare

3. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

She I'm pretty sure she can drop up to Ist, heard someone say Vex too but I'm not sure about that.

You'll also have to factor in all the other runes you get. ;)

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Continuing in the same vein, the alternate way to cube your Zod is to do Hellforge runs, taking a character through the game and cubing up your Gul runes. Each rune from Hel up to Gul has a 1/11 chance to drop in Hell so you'd need to take 256 x 11 = 2816 characters up to the Hellforge using only Guls and that would be 352 accounts each with 8 characters...:fish: Of course you could use some of the Ists and lower runes, and add in the ones from the Nightmare Hellforge too, and you'd find some others doing all that questing and who knows you might even find a Zod ... since Hephaestus can drop them :lol:

5. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Hell Countess could drop up to Vex in 1.09, I believe its higher now. She dropped an Um rune for me a couple weeks ago, so she can definitely drop above Io.

6. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

That's fricking sweet. I already have 3 and my buddy will let me borrow one more. I'm on my way!

Mith

7. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

People should really learn to appreciate how damn rare that rune is.

Imagine what they would be worth without the currently existing dupes.....

-Backdoor Bandit

8. admiral_ju00

admiral_ju00 IncGamers Member

but the question is, has anyone really found a Zod?
    it may be that all of the Zods are duped.

9. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

Ummmm. Duped, short for duplicated. Meaning that at least one had to be in existence in the first place in order for it to be...duplicated.

10. admiral_ju00

wrong choice of word then on my part. sorry.
    what about hacked? that is and should be possible.

but also what you're saying is that if duped is just a copy of the original ( assuming it wasn't hacked ) then all of the duped items are legit items?

11. Broncobiv2

I don't know all of the hacking methods that've been used in D2, so I'm not sure if it was ever possible to actually create a Zod from nothing. But when did I say anything about the legitimacy of dupes? In my opinion, a duped item is not legit. Obviously the original is, but not the dupes.

12. admiral_ju00

here

but then again, it's it's just a copy, with all of it's properties identical to the original, is there a way to tell the difference?

13. Broncobiv2

Ahhhhhh what are you talking about? I've re-read my original post many times and nowhere in those two sentences did I say anything about dupes being legit or not. I talked about the meaning of the word "dupe", and how for a dupe to exist, an original had to exist first. Dupe=copy, yes. Dupe=legit or not, no.

Anyway, to your other question about being able to tell the difference between a dupe and the original. I think most items have "fingerprints" or ID-tags. So if two items have the exact same fingerprint, they are dupes (or one a dupe of the other). But I guess there's no way to tell which is the copy and which is the original. I don't really know all of the technicalities surrounding everything though. I've never used dupes or hacks so I haven't bothered to learn those intricacies.

14. newb-newb-newb2

newb-newb-newb2 IncGamers Member

Or someone duped Chams or lower to create the first Zod. The guy asked if anyone ever found a Zod, not if anyone ever made one. I'm not sure if he asked excactly what he meant though.

15. Throdd

Throdd IncGamers Member

The sneaky thing about 'duped' runes is that, from my understanding, you can give each of your new zod runes its own individual ID code. All you need are as many duped runes to cube into new zod runes... each time an item is generated in D2, it gets a fingerprint. This applies to cubed items too (correct me if I'm wrong, code-gurus out there). This means that each time you cube a zod (even with duped runes), it has an original fingerprint.

Very, very hard to police that one.

16. Mike777

Mike777 IncGamers Member

i don't believe that new calculator they show in the diablii.net mainpage

the idea that 29 or so trillion el's are being dropped per zod is quite rediculous...

so when it says 29 trillion or whatever el's "are needed to make" 1 zod..... bs

what are you gonna do, cube all the el's and verify it ?

seems kinda like a lame calculator to me...though, maybe i'm missing something.... doubt it though.... the higher end drops compared to each other may be about right though

17. admiral_ju00

yes, thank you for sharing my idea. but yeah, that's Exactly what i was talking about, originally.

18. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

actually i am currently working on a rune calculator using c++ to calculate the # of any given rune to reach anyother given rune ... and to my findings, the rune calc on the website is rong... im assuming the person who made it didnt take into account the length of the possible outcome, and didnt use a double long (probably used float or mabie int ... ewwww) , well i have finished the hard parts of the program, and tested it a few times, el-zod is something huge ... the calc for it is below ... if u wanna know why this is then u can msg me, but i dont wanna post it cause im tired right now

3^19 X 2^13 = i dont have a calculator here right now and i cant do it in my head

that will give u the total # of el's it will take to get 1 zod rune through the cube ... conclusion ... trade for it .. aint worth much

in responce to mike777
    the calculator is to show ppl who use the cube to make higher runes what they could make/could not make. no one will put in 27 trillion runes to test it, but mathmatically, that is how many it will take ... now i want to c a calculator that will add upteh gems that you would need also :scratch:

19. admiral_ju00

brilliant. :clap:

20. Mike777

Mike777 IncGamers Member

ok i stand corrected, i think

are you guys saying the calculators are trying to say it takes 14 trillion or whatever el's, to cube your way up to a zod ?

sorry i'm trying to grasp this while fighting with a girl :(