Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Rings of Andy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by toader, Feb 17, 2004.

1. toader

toader Banned

The Rings of Andy

Over the past 2 nites I decided that Mephisto was being an asshat, so I moved on to Andy.

So I take my sorc with her 399% MF (Ill be damned if I can find 1% more), and I start to do Andy runs.

Well, with a blizzard sorc, I can teleport right up to her and she dies in about 1-1.5 blizzards, so I can complete a run from start to finish in under 1 minute.

So I do alot of these runs. Probably about 1 hours worth last nite, and 2 hours worth on sunday.

Over the last 2 days, she has dropped me NINE..yes, NINE unique rings.

Manald
    Manald
    Manald
    Manald
    Nager (30%) (yay perfect)
    Manald
    Nager (20%) (boooo)
    Manald
    Bul-Kathos Wedding Band (finally....)

Whats the deal with Hell Andy dropping normal level rings so often. Mainly the damned Manald.

I guess Im gonna keep running her, because along with those 9 unique rings, I also found 3 unique ammys (Nokoazon, Rising Sun, Highlords); so it seems she has a VERY high chance to drop unique jewelry, which is good.

I just wish she would drop better rings. I dont want an SOJ everytime, but dang, something other than the lowest 2 rings possible would be nice.

Anyways...just thought I would share that with anyone looking for unique jewelry. :D

2. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

The first andy run that I did in the 1.10 patch, she dropped a carrion wind, and nothing but mandral's since.. lol .. :)

3. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

best i've ever found from her was a 29 nagel rofl

i've found enough manalds to equip everyone on bnet with.

i think i might run her a few more times today and see what's up.

someone told me the other day on this forum that nightmare andy has the best possible odds of dropping a soj.

4. discoboomer

discoboomer IncGamers Member

yeah, its because hell andy can drop a lot more items.

so since nm andy has less items to drop, the chances of that drop being soj are increased....or so the theory goes.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

NM andy can be ran for soj's, since she cant drop the higher unique rings in NM.

6. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

The best things Andy usually drops me are semidecent Runes...

*beats head against monitor*

*realizes beating head against flat-panel monitor doesn't accomplish much*

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Andy also has a tendency to drop clams as well ... :innocent: :whistle:

8. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

She dropped a Cruel Clam of the Squid once. Imagine the damage that packed.

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I bet you slimed the monsters to death with that one!

10. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

so far hell andy on ladder has dropped these unique rings for me:

manald - about 10, all dif % - a few perf
    raven frost - about 6 - 1 perfect
    nagle - about 10 - 2 perfect
    carrion wind - 3 - 1 perfect
    dwarf star - 4
    bul kathos - 2 - 3% and 4% :(
    soj - 1

thats running andy since early january

she has also dropped about 10 gheeds charms for me

11. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

About 80% of rings i get from her are green (yeah suxxxx). But she dropped me a soj and 3 carrions during last month so she's cool in my books.

12. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Meph is an asshat. And that is a great word.

13. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

i have done about 50 hcl andy runs i spent 20 mins on it lol
    odd i dun find any rings off here.....
    note:fireballsorc=best andy killer, i do 7kfireball(sad lol) can kill her in 4-5 fireballs, takes about 4 seconds. the best part is the best ppl around here drops items when they die. so go straight for her!

14. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

I don't do andy runs simply because I can never find level 3 and 4... if someone can give me some sort of a general pattern they follow? Or some other trick for finding the next level? (I've never seen any sort of pattern)

15. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

so toinght I go to do a countess run, on the first lvl I run into a unique ghost, kill it and I see a gold 'ring' on the ground .. I'm thinking mandral, .. but no .. a carrion wind.. sweet .. :)

16. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

"There is something fishy in Switzerland". Inspector Cluso

Last week I posted in this forum about Andy runs this:

There was a thread couple week’s ago on this same forum from a guy who posted that if you are doing Andy runs and if you always talk first with Kashya Andy will drop drops like it’s a 1st drop (her drops will reset). Most of us didn’t believe this. Recently I started a classic FO/Meteor/Fireball/Magic find build. I was tired of weak items on my melee characters. Entered hell with level 75. Did a solo Andy run with about 300mf on me. Got 1 unique and 2 rares. I did it once again (following instructions from the thread): 3 uniques and 1 set item (I was confused). Once again: 1 unigue and 1 rare. Again: 2 unigue. Did about 10 runes and got about 13 uniques and 10 rares and few sets. I was thrilled. I did not believe my eyes. It was 4 am and I was tired so I stopped my series. Tomorrow (woke up at 7 am, excited) I tried to continue my series, but this time nothing. Did about 20 runs (I was 2 hours late for work): few lousy rares. Every time I tried to do exactly the same what I did in the last series. Speak with Kashya, and directly to Andy: nothing. I know I have broken the pattern of this bug. But I don’t know how! Did the bug fixed it’s self when I logged out from the realm? Did I spoke or touched something that I shouldn’t? So guys I am calling all of you (together) to figure out what are the “rules†for this bug (so we can hopefully exploit it :evil: ). Sometimes I do a solo Andy run though I have finished all my quests and still nothing (nothing worth mentioning). Help!

Few nights ago I joined a Andy run (Europe realm), their were 2 high lvl sorc's (over 90) in this game. They didn't respond to my party please (PP). So I fastly teleport to Andy. Found them there. Suddenly they returned back to the village. They have start messaging between, on their language (lucky thing is that is similar to mine, so understood a bit). Talking about that I have spoiled the whole run so they will make a new with a password on it.
    Something is strange with Mrs.Andy :spy:

17. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

Looks like Andy is the new Cow level of 1.10, at least as far as superstition goes. There are people that most likely beleive that if you make a TP on Cats 4 you lose the quest drop.

Best I've found off of her - Very high-end Gheed's.

18. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

If you wear exactly 666% MF, Andy will dance for your personal amusement then proceed to shower you with an abundance of SoJs.
    I hear it from my source at Blizzard. He was eating Cheetos at the time, so he may have said that he has a blister on his toe and likes pie.

19. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

that was me who posted the andariel trick. heres a sure fire way to PROVE that it works. the ONLY reason andariel drops magic items (after talking to kashya of course) is to identify them and look at their durability, it will be doubled. every other item will be either unique//rare..notice how she NEVER drops normal quality items? no socketed items? JUST magic (failed set items) rares, and uniques. i.e quest drops every time..just look at the facts, im not lying about this.

20. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

so i just go to gosip with kashya? or tools of trade... i wish i could try this out... my 83 hcl sorc died from trying to kill andy, those damn efflected hurt!