Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Reverse Is Also True: Rudeness in Dueling

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by mali, Feb 18, 2004.

1. mali

mali IncGamers Member

The Reverse Is Also True: Rudeness in Dueling

Well... looks like I'll be rebuilding again. My dueler "EIvis" was beaten today. But that's not the main thrust of my thread.

A while ago I discussed how I'd met some people in dueling who were amongst the best people I'd met in HC. Magnanimous - whether in victory or defeat. The reverse I guess, is also true. There has to be the negative to those positive, the black to the white, darkness to the light. I met such a one today. A player (Retardedness - *baal_tictac) who, whilst good at dueling, was so severely lacking in the basic precepts of what it is to be a social being.
    I witnessed him tear to bits (with his L36 zon) a L36 bear. I stated that the ease with which he had won worried me. He said "don't worry, we'll just spar. Loot me, I'll give your gear back if you die by accident." So I did. Died, even tho' it was obvious I was running back to town (I thought we were 'sparring', I would've/should've hit alt f4!). Still, that's not what I'm worried about: stuff like that happens all the time. No biggie. When he said come back to the game, I'll give your stuff back - I did. But, when I returned. He wanted to make me beg. I refused. Then he demanded I say that he's the best ever - I said "w/e kid, if it makes your day: your the best ever". He started to give it piece by piece, demanding I say it each time. I refused, and didn't get my gear. He threw it around the game, and the leeches that reside in such games took it. After that, he proceeded to try and bait me, taunt me. I told him that I didn't care much for the parenting skills of his parents (which did take him by suprise, I think...).

Now I'm not at all concerned about either my dueler (easy to rebuild - I only ever take it to a1 NM), or the gear (suprisingly cheap)... but is this what it's come to? Do we have to deal with idiots like this? Before you answer (if you feel you need to - the questions are largely rhetoric - I know my own answers), the odd duel & PKK have been the only reasons I've been on bnet for the past few months, so 'playing privates' is not the answer for me. If this 'young man' is the measure of bnet (and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link ;)), then I have better things to do.

2. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yes, this guy was definitly immature and just plain stupid. I can't really think of any other explanation. Anyways, public dueling games are a joke. Almost everyone has chicken hack and they use cheap pk tricks. One time I joined a game called "free here" and I saw a sorc take out all her godly gear (Tals, shako, etc...) in her stash, put on some stuff she obviously bought from charsi or another vendor, and she went outside and said "kill me, look how bad I am, if you kill me, I'll give you free stuff." Sadly everyone else in the game were low lvls so she was looking for some easy kills. But the good news is that no one fell for this display of stupidity. That's gotta be one of the worst PK methods I've ever seen. And the way you got Pked, I've seen people say stuff like that. "Hey you lvl10 druid, duel my lvl 48 for fun." :rolleyes: . In my experience, there are more dishonorable than honorable duelers. I'm very surprised that the "young man" didn't yell out "I Pwn Joo".

3. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Mali, this is one of the main reasons I almost never set loot.

Lots of times, it just a "spar" to lull you into not playing your best, while they do.

I would much rather be dead and buried with all my gear on, then have someone loot it, only to use it themselves...

Can you give some details on how the zon won? I've always hated dueling zons. Is it worth having a tele staff on switch for zon duels?

4. ___

___ IncGamers Member

you know whats funny! man this is crazy..

i know this guy, his name is dan.. he agreed to spar my 48 zerker barb right after i finished my build. bear in mind, this build had 35 base strength, and i appeared completely naked. (he was "at his friends house" so he didnt have mh to probe me). well i was doing around 2k listed damage with a 298 ed 30 ias battle hammer. we agreed to spar. he jabbed me and tickled me a little.. i juved and ran to akara. then i went back out and he was like, "cmon hit me". so i zerk him twice and he dies (EverlastUrDeath.. 36 zon). He totally flips out. Spams like crazy.. i mean super spam.. every insult you can think of. He gets looted and gets everything returned. He swears he's gonna hunt me down and PK me and etc etc.. because i didnt "say sorry" (i did).. or then "say sorry and mean it." Needless to say the more he got upset the more i laughed at his childish ways. i have been friends with this guy on and off since late 1.09. well theres no real moral to the story.. i just thought i'd share cause i know how he can be.

PS. he was SOO pissed that i wouldnt return his ear, after he had all his dueler friends join and host me.. i joined a game that one of his friends whispered he wanted to duel me in.. he was there (still whining).. i dropped his ear and left :D

edit: i dont remember all of his gear, but he wore a sigon shield and a +4 jav skills class-specific jav that added fire dmg. he had skystrike bow on switch as decoy (he definitely jabbed.. fast)

5. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Hmmm

He had a wand with lower resist charges, and used charged strike. I don't know what level, but it ripped me to shreds. As I stated: a very effective build. I have never been so thoroughly beaten by a character of my level or thereabouts: and I've done quite a bit of dueling over the last couple of months. Still, as I mentioned before - his parents are dismal failures at their prime responsibility: moulding him into an individual that will successfully take his place within society. Hmmm... I read an article recently that stated psychosis occurs far more frequently in children now than it did 20 years ago.

On a different note, well, kinda related: perhaps I'll move to one of the Asia Realms.

6. MintSauce

MintSauce IncGamers Member

I was just "sparring" against a level 18 assasin with my 12 bear, she was sooo trying to kill me, but I lived with it.

I sometimes get worked up in duels, just to the point of I'll beat someone and their chicken hack will kick in they rejoin and taunt me till I fight them again, I died to a level 34 pala with my 25 assa, and then died to a 30 pala with the remake, thing is it took them more than 8 times to beat me once, each time I make their chicken hack take them out game. Kinda annoys me that I let them bug me so much that I actually fight them again, they gonna get a high lucky roll sometime :(

saying that I've also met other pkk's who have been real friendly towards me, and me to them.....ah well, off to remake

7. skaeleen

skaeleen IncGamers Member

I saw Retartedness also yesterday. he's a CS zon with a lower res wand on switch. his jav is +4 jav skills with loads of fire damage.

There was a high lvl pally in there also. Zon asked if he could try a few hits on pally. Pally hosted him and then unhosted and went out. Zon about killed him in 3 hits, he made it to town with 1/6 or so life left.

CS at high lvls and synergized is not something to play around with in pvp, especially when used with lower resist. damage can get insanely high :(.

8. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I hope he runs into a zerker using thundergods and max lightresist.

9. MintSauce

he might be weary of a >42 tho, sounds nice damage for the level, must have low life tho.

10. det

det IncGamers Member

what jav has +4 skills and can be used by a lv 36?

11. MintSauce

I assume a amazon only one that has +2 java skills already on it and has +2 as a magic mod.

12. ___

___ IncGamers Member

ya its a spearmaidens class-specific jav.. and he has ~= 650 life

13. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

I know this guy as well... when I used to hang out w/ clan TicTacs...

He likes to boast that his zon is unbeatable... and from what is posted w/ his tactics it might be rightly so.

Wing

14. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

That i doubt will happen, these people have their leet maphack to walk around those duels. :(

15. Enigma

Enigma IncGamers Member

he is indeed an idiot.

I made this build about a month ago. It is very lethal as mali said. I met this kid in a game about 3 weeks ago. After having 3 good duels and winning them, this guy was all amazed at the power of the build, and started to peek me with his maphack. At that time he has a weak little 18 pally. So of course a week later, he had the EXACT same equip as I did, and was bragging about being so good everytime I saw him, quite pathetic if you ask me. Anyway for the people who thinks this zon would be weak on the life, consider this: the one I have has over 1,1k life, 40% avoid, dodge, and evade. Add to that 75% block on walking, its nearly impossible to hit her, and even if you do, you really need a 1 hitter.

But If you want a simple counter to this build, strap on 75% lightning resist, and use a high life character (ww barbs). Whirl them, so they have a hard time hitting good, and if they suck they will follow you running. Eth yari would be sweet to use here.

Enigma

16. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

taking advantage of hacks to decide to duel somebody is low.
    well, u didnt say he did that but to have this cheat means to use it.
    the simple use of a hack is immature.
    why do u wonder about his whining?(rhetorical)

to your question... as long there is no fee (which i prefer. i wouldnt pay for gaming online) to play diablo2 there will be little children who want to have fun for a few weeks and donwload any hack they can find.. after a weekend they have all the elite stuff available from some cheats and are bored of the game and finally quit.. thx but i would wish this process would last just for an hour and i get rid of those.

i believe there is a relation to behaviour online and in real.. u just met the scum which can happen to u everywhere even in this forum.. a few days ago i read about some releases of hacks of some little children who are proud of it... so immature silly looking for attention that i had to laugh.

ps: dear god give me just one minute the ability to do what is necesarry ;)

regards
    Jedi

17. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

I am Duelenooga (for those who don't know). I know of this Baal kid you're talking about. I have two friends who he cant touch. First off ... max light resist. Both friend are conc barbs using eth ginthers.

I believe lvl 1 lower resist is -36 res. You will need well over a 100 then to stand face to face with this zon.

Secondly, you must consider his 75% chance to block and 50% chance to dodge.

Third ... if you want him dead let me kno ~~. My barb is looking for some ears.

18. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

heh sounds like an interesting fellow albeit a very rude one :). I can't but laugh at that life total though... 650 life on a lvl 36? and he wants to think he is unbeatable? Ok so he has dodge and most likely max block... But certainly not unbeatable with that life amount most any charger could wipe him out in 1 hit if they get lucky with their first attack (if it is dodged or blocked it seems they will die though :) ). But unbeatable hardly lol.

19. ___

___ IncGamers Member

well like i said i killed him in 2 hits.. you were fighting his rebuild

20. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Nooga? As in 'frost'? If so then you know me. You gave me the shael'd carver... so feel free to nuke him. Though that won't have any effect on the malaise that afflicts him. He's a jerk. No cure.