The Return of Bad Ash vs. Noodle Mafia Game!

Who did it?

• Total voters

Scarlet Rage

Diabloii.Net Member
I think you have so far played a very middle of the road game so far. Clearly, we don't have a ton to go off of, so it doesn't mean much. Hopefully this answers Marahumm's earlier question though:

Unovte: Noodle
Vote: Caluin Graye
Not deliberately. I am used to much more activity than this which I build off and get stronger. Tbh, this game is a good support for why RVS or some other artificial start is good.

Noodle

Random Voting Stage - At the beginning of the game, you lynch someone, anyone, in order to gain information. It's a strategy used by the town. Which means that Kesteg's claim that only mafia uses strategy looks REALLY scummy.

Vote: kestegs

Warng1286

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks all. Looking forward to playing and learning as I go.

The only people that need strategy are the mafia, so what strategy do you intend to employ?
I'm confused, why wouldn't the townies need a strategy? Could you explain what you mean?

Which means that Kesteg's claim that only mafia uses strategy looks REALLY scummy.
Until I hear an explanation, I'd have to agree.

Scarlet Rage

Diabloii.Net Member
I missed kesteg's post. Yeah, town use strategy too. Not so sure it's scummy (especially if new), but it could be.

Unvote CG

If this doesn't count, please let me know. My other sites do not require unvotes

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
Random Voting Stage - At the beginning of the game, you lynch someone, anyone, in order to gain information. It's a strategy used by the town. Which means that Kesteg's claim that only mafia uses strategy looks REALLY scummy.

Obviously I had no idea what RVS was. Not a term or strategy we have used here afaik.

Also: Why didn't you vote for Bad Ash?

Thanks all. Looking forward to playing and learning as I go.

I'm confused, why wouldn't the townies need a strategy? Could you explain what you mean?

Until I hear an explanation, I'd have to agree.

They do need strategy, of course. Strategy was probably the wrong word to use, I was associating it more with scheming in my mind when I wrote it. It is exponentially more difficult for town to implement strategy however, as Mafia has it's own form of communication during night and they actually know who is on their side. Setting up a strategy is different when you don't know who is on your side.

I missed kesteg's post. Yeah, town use strategy too. Not so sure it's scummy (especially if new), but it could be.

Unvote CG

If this doesn't count, please let me know. My other sites do not require unvotes
That's a pretty wishy washy post there. You admit that it's likely that what I said is not scummy, and yet there is your vote. The vote that solidifies the train and yet you have a clear backout tomorrow if I'm lynched.

Vote: Scarlet Rage

The Silver Shroud

Diabloii.Net Member

Noodle

Scarlet Rage, please note that you must use a colon, so "Unvote: CG" rather than just "Unvote CG."

Noodle

kestegs - The problem I have with your original comment about only mafia using strategy is that we have some new players here, and if they're town they're likely to read your comment and think, "Well, I'd better not strategize, because then people will think I'm mafia." This may keep them from being as effective players as they could be, and limit the town's effectiveness. It's a very smart and subtle play, so I'd like to know who you learned it from. ;-)

I understand you've backed off a bit from your original comment, but it still seems like a scum play to me.

The Silver Shroud

Diabloii.Net Member
Vote Count:

Bad Ash: (0)
Caluin Graye: (4)....Zemaj, Scarlet Rage, Bad Ash, Marahumm,
Kestegs: (2) ....Noodle, Warng1286
Noodle: (0)
Pyro/Leo: (0)
Scarlet Rage: (2)...Pyrotechnician, kestegs
Scott: (0)
Zemaj: (0)
Marahumm: (0)
Warng1286: (0)

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
kestegs - The problem I have with your original comment about only mafia using strategy is that we have some new players here, and if they're town they're likely to read your comment and think, "Well, I'd better not strategize, because then people will think I'm mafia." This may keep them from being as effective players as they could be, and limit the town's effectiveness. It's a very smart and subtle play, so I'd like to know who you learned it from. ;-)

I understand you've backed off a bit from your original comment, but it still seems like a scum play to me.
Pretty sure you just came up with it yourself, lol.

Scott Berland

Diabloii.Net Member
Gonna throw a VOTE: KESTEGS way.

Nothing personal, but as I post with an abundance of caution, and watch my words, in order to avoid making posts that lead to confusion or misperceptions. I must judge harshly those that don't.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
Gonna throw a VOTE: KESTEGS way.

Nothing personal, but as I post with an abundance of caution, and watch my words, in order to avoid making posts that lead to confusion or misperceptions. I must judge harshly those that don't.

Cool, that's exactly what scum do best! /sarcasm

If everyone chose their words super carefully we'd have nothing to talk about and Mafia wins. The more posts the more information for the town.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
I don't see any reason to vote for CG as he is going to get mod killed anyway, and I would expect a role reveal on mod kill. I can't remember if it's appropriate to check profiles for last login or not, but I would bet he doesn't even know we're playing yet. He's historically been a lurker, but not to this level.

Marahumm

Diabloii.Net Member
I like where this is going, but I'm keeping my vote on Caluin for now. I'm willing to change my vote to kestegs if that means the difference between a lynch and a no-lynch, but I'd prefer getting a read on someone that's likely to get mod-killed (and has a chance to not have their role revealed).

For reference to those that don't know, the "Vote:" has to be bolded and must have a colon after it:

Vote: Name

Marahumm

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't see any reason to vote for CG as he is going to get mod killed anyway, and I would expect a role reveal on mod kill. I can't remember if it's appropriate to check profiles for last login or not, but I would bet he doesn't even know we're playing yet. He's historically been a lurker, but not to this level.
I've seen both sides of it, sometimes roles get revealed, sometimes they don't.