Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Return...*chuckles*

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PowerDispatcher, May 5, 2008.

1. PowerDispatcher

PowerDispatcher IncGamers Member

The Return...*chuckles*

Good day, ladies and gents....

I am back, having just reinstalled DII after a really long hiatus. I also pulled ATMA down from the web, and am not quite sure how I am going to go ablut this....either I am gonna beg for items for a starter...*LOL*...or go from ground zero, and see what I can find. I was last around for patch 1.10, and had a good amount of fun with ye olde fishymancer, so might begin there, or maybe there is now another build that works well in 1.11b...any thoughts or opinions greaty appreciated...and no, I have no WF at present, nor am I a fan of the squid...*chuckles*

John

2. Comage

Comage IncGamers Member

Re: The Return...*chuckles*

Welcome back!

I was gonna make a post like this after I started playing D2 all over again, but I was afraid of getting my shins kicked all over again. :p

3. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Nah. In theory old-timers are safe as you've been through the shin kicking once before. Caution is advised however, there are some of the young 'uns who'll kick again without a second thought. Honestly, there's no honour there. :undecided:

Welcome back to the forums anyway, with luck you'll be welcomed back by plenty of golds and greens!

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

join date 2003, ah *snaps fingers* no shin kicking this time.

welcome back

5. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Just because you guys won't, doesn't mean I'm a good person.

*kicks shins*
    *steals pants*
    *steals wallet*

*licks face*

6. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

All apologies, PowerDispatcher. :embarassed:

7. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Welcome back, chuckles.

:p

8. Tejadia

Tejadia IncGamers Member

I'm in the same boat as you are... just reinstalled a few days ago since my 360 decided to brake down. As he said, any 1.11b ground zero build suggestions would be great!

9. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Welcome back, both of you. :)

As far as builds go, anything that worked in v1.10 will work exactly the same in v1.11/1.11b, with the exception of builds using the charge synergy bug (Marrowwalk boots on a bone necro, Carrion Wind ring on a Rabies druid, and so on). However, with the new armor runewords (one for each class) as well as RWM (runeword mod, thus enabling the realm-only runewords for single player), a lot of builds have become more viable. For example, it's much easier to build a FCR-based caster with the Spirit runeword, and the Insight runeword is a big help to any mana-intensive builds.

My advice would be to check Catt's thread here; it explains what is new with v1.11. The only difference between v1.11 and v1.11b is that the Peace runeword (with a 'chance to cast Valkyrie on striking' mod) no longer triggers this effect when placed o a hireling, as this crashed the game. You can also check the SPF build guides for character ideas, but feel free to try something new and off-the-wall too.

10. diamondgirl

diamondgirl IncGamers Member

Now I am afraid to come back.... I lost all of my shin pads. I am also new back to the game, and am wondering what builds are popular with 1.11; I manage dto save my old characters, but have completely lost the trick of how to play them. MAH!!!

Is the squid even still here?

11. PowerDispatcher

PowerDispatcher IncGamers Member

Well, just finished up Act 1 normal with the ever-popular fishymancer...it's like riding a bike. I also love it when the game decides whether you ought to be twinking or not, or begging for items...*chuckles* First skull cap I got had 2 sockets, immediately followed by a pair of chipped topaz. Once wearing this uber-chapeau, the Smith was kind enough to drop a nice gold dagger...*LOL*...and then my old buddy Bone Ash dropped a green cap....*LOL* Apparently, I am being forced to do this untwinked, with contributions from the nice monster folks along the way...and now, perhaps I will get through the part I hate the most (read: Maggot Lair) before I go to bed for the night...

John