Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The reason I switched to SC (Rant-type object)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Lostprophet, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

The reason I switched to HC (Rant-type object)

Well, the real reason is the rush of being mortal, and all that junk. But tonight I was reminded of another reason.

I decided to make the switch final (not that it wasn't truly, but I had all these annoying SC chars on my accountt and a whole mule account full of them). So I type into the East chat (my mistake, probably) come to lp10///10 for free items, I'm cleaning out my chars. 5-6 people show, and I start by dropping my lvl 80 Pally's stuff. He wasn't godly, far from it, in fact, but he had a Black Hades with 3 15 IAS jewels in it, a B-Star, double P-Diamonded Mosers, IK Belt/Boots, a Saracen's Chance, and a Ravenfrost. Other stuff I ended up dropping included Gris Armors, Skins of the Vipermagi(s), IK Helms, Frosties, Silkweaves, and stuff mostly on par with those items: definitely usable, but not Godly. I get to my mule account, and people start asking "Do you have any Shakos/HoZs/Lightsabres/insert incredibly Godly item here?" They do this each time I enter, and each time I tell them no, I don't. But they persistently ask each time. So, instead of unloading my last two mules, I delete them and unload the one with low-level set items. Petty, I realize, but they really weren't being grateful at all. I got a few "TY"s (not capitalized for emphasis, but because they were all caps-locking) before most of them left, but that was it. I still maintained face and told them to enjoy and to take care, but it was hard.

Now, I realize this is probably more typical of B-Net than of SC in particular. However, I have met far more courteous and urbane HC players than SC. I have f-listed more HC players, and they more frequently want to play together or just chat instead of constantly asking for items/rushes.

Dunno where this is going, but the point is I'm done with SC. Even despite the annoyance of PKers.

Peace,

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

So just out of curiosity, was that supposed to read "switched to HC" or "switched from SC," because I was a little bit confused as to why anyone would post about a switch to SC unless they meant starcraft -.-

3. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Yeesh. Owned by spelling/grammar.

Mother****er.

4. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

welcome to the wonderfull world of death war and partys!

live long, and may meph grace you with all his "junk" that he carries about in his pockets ^_^

5. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

LOL! I understood your meaning clearly, Lostprophet... :p

Anyhoo, the HC PKers just enforce an extreme paranoia ( keeps his finger over the town portal hotkey as someone comes into game )... that and the deep awareness that 12+ beers and Duriel do not mix very well :(

6. fgh24

fgh24 IncGamers Member

I know what u mean

I also emptied all my mules and chars of stuff but nice stuff shakos,tals armor,ss blah blah blah. I got 1 thank u, thats it. everyone wanted jah's and ber's, really pissed me off. Now i know why i quit sc, ungrateful sob's, plus hc is a real challenge gl in hc.

7. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

hehehe, I did something similar this afternoon. I discovered that my old 1.09 MF sorcs were still active (had a few days til distruction by Bnet). So I join 2 hell games and hostile the entire party.

Only I set loot to everyone and tell them to "Kill my sorc for gear".

I had some seriously nice MF gear on these gals, and the funny thing. After getting killed (and not putting up much of a fight), I get called NOOB, and PWNED spams across the screen. Then they start begging for items. This is in HC NON-LADDER. Good lord, they are HERE TOO! Well, wait, they never left! They are between their jobs as a beggar on the street and a full-time beggar of items.

I had four such sorcs in 1.09, and after getting killed twice without so much as a thank you, I decided to let the last two bite the dust in 38 days and counting.

More of a reason to build an uber PK in HC, and kill every last player! People are ungrateful beggars. :rant: This really made me sad, and I made it my new mission to go to Hell (instead of norm and NM) and PK.

Two rules to live by if you're new:
    1) DTA (unless they are on your good side)
    2) Everyone must die sometime (unless they are on your good side).

Live by them and you will be ok.

8. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yeah lamers are in hardcore too. There is no escape from them.

9. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

Two things: Lightsabers aren't godly. someone gave me two free ones today.

Also, I have a question: What do you think the eBay value of non-ladder things will be after next reset? I won't want to keep my sorc, but she'll probably be 90+ with SS/Verdung/Shako/Wiz or HOTO/umed upgraded skin/war travs and some charms. Do you think I could get like 10 bucks off of that when it turns non-ladder?