Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The PvM Summoner Pally?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Calizzar, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

The PvM Summoner Pally?

I thought this might be a fun build to try.

Max Fanaticism, have might merc with pride, and wield harmoy bow as main bow. Wear Stone as armor and Wisp Projector as ring.

You'd have an army of 20 revives, a valkyrie, a clay golem, a heart of wolverine, and a merc.

I was wondering if 20 revives with +damage from might, fanaticism, concentration, and heart of wolverine would be able to dish out any kind of damage.

And the cool part is, you don't actually have to make this buil, you can just make a zealot or something and then slap on a harmony every once and a while.

2. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

There's one problem with it though. Nature's Peace. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" you can't get revives.

3. Calizzar

I wouldn't be wearing that ring though. And i usually play solo so i wouldn't have to worry about that.

Changeup though: wear metalgrid and not stone armor. This allows me an iron golem as well as iron maiden to throw on my opponents. For armor then, maybe bramble for thorns? Thorns plus maiden could work well with revives? Or courpsemourn armor for corpe explosion.

And also, debate between weapons. Eternity can give me 8 revives. The difference is that it has ** charges. Harmony only has 25 charges. So the difference is 8 revives instead of 20 and not having to go back to town every three minutes when the revives poof.

So i'd have 8 revives, an iron golem, and my merc. And they'd have +damage from might, concentration, fanaticism, and heart of wolverine. And enemy monsters will have iron maiden on them and either thorns or id be corpse explosioning. I'd have to be frugal with maiden/CE though.

I'll need a lot of gold for all the repairing costs. Now its time to see what other gear might help this build out.

4. Calizzar

Alright this is what i have come up with:

Weapon: Eternity Beserker Axe
    Armor: Courpsemourn
    Shield: HoZ
    Helm: Shako
    Gloves: Draculs (does this give me life if a summon gets kill?)
    Boots: Marrowalks
    Belt: Arachnids
    Ring: SoJ
    Ring: Wisp Projector
    Ammy: Metalgrids

Now, i will have some room in inventory, so i will have harmony on at first, cast valkyrie, put it in inventory and put on CtA. cast Iron golem and HoW, then cast BO for me, my merc, valk, HoW, and IG. Then switch to my main weapon eternity, and go out to battle. Then i will rack up 8 revives, and wabam, im king of an army.

Act 2 Might Merc:
    Weapon: Eth Pride gpa/ca
    Armor: Bramble AP
    Helm: Vamp Gaze

Merc will help out my army with three auras: might, conc, and thorns.

After i have my army, i can sit back and cast some IM's and CE's, as well a bone prison here or there.

what do you think? Can i tackle hell with this?

5. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I doubt you can tackle hell. For one, the gold costs of repairing revive charges (your main sourc of summons) will be astronomical. You speak of casting IM etc, yet those charges will not last you very long, maybe a few minutes at most. Enterity only has **? charges to revive, so you will only be able to resummon your army a few times before dishing out upwars of 1 million gold to repair. Also, iron golem does NOT stack with thorns, so using stone armor would be a better choice, and i wouldnt use metalgrid for im, due to extreme loss of gold. Yes this build COULD work, yet your killing speed will be very very slow. Even tricked out Necro Summoners have a hard time getting stupid revives to kill anything without 15+ of them and teleport. My summoner can only use revives effectively with 40+ skills into skeleton mastery and teleport to get 15-30 high dmg revives sitting ontop of a monster. I then spam UNLIMITED ce's at enemy. With limited CE, next to no dmg revives, and no real way to teleport onto enemy and retain CE, you will be hardpressed to kill fallen in hell. This build could kill by relying on merc and high lvl valk to kill things, and your revives/golem to sit and tank, this build however, would be dreadfully slow and tedious to constantly rebuild your army. Besides, without a heavy investment into thorns/dmg return, the dmg you do return will be neglible. I see the benefit of using harmony for the +2-6 valk skill and then switching, as with +skills it could turn out all right. Stone for clay golem could also be very beneficial as Stone is not a bad armor at all and clay golems last very long in hell do to their scaled hitpoints. So, i would go with Harmony in stash or on switch with clay golem from stone. Then you join in with typical zealer/ watever equipment and help kill monsters with your merc, valk, and golem. Basically, this build will needs hours of patience to kill and mountains of gold/repair runes in order to function. I would stick with clay golem, valk, merc, and you, a high dmg smiter zealer hybrid. Think about it, with 3 meatshields, your smiter/zealer could easily PVM and could take on ubers.

6. danc133

danc133 IncGamers Member

Harmony will have to remain your main weapon because if you unequip it or weapon switch there goes the valk.

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Well, if superdave can do it to hell, you can do it too.

8. Krim

Krim Banned

Hi. I'll start with saying I haven't read anything else than the OP, so I might repeat something already mentioned.

Well if you're pvm intended then all you have to do is to find some orts, and rals I think, + some chipped gems, and you can repair all charges.

But don't expect to get 20 revives, you'll have to be careful when reviving since ort runes doesn't drop like flies, and it takes time to go back to town. Otherwise it'd get way to expansive.

You deciding gumpy was the best option IMHO (in my honest opinion) since this guy can slow all the monsters. Don't go for Iron Golems, they aren't worth it, they can give you an ekstra aura, but since they're charges they will dissapear after each game, and thereby be more expansive than gumpy, also in money since you can't use the cube to repair amulets and rings.

I think the ring would be a bad idea to have summons from, and you've already so much %ED that the little boost probably wont be that important.

Exactly that is also what I love about your idea, this is not skill dependent in any other way than fanatiscm, and hey we all wants fana don't we? :wink3:

For the pvp aspect, you could also use conviction + gloams, or as you already have fanatiscm + concentration + might with Claw Vipers for a one hit killing machine or some of those Urdars for a constant stun effect together with fana of course.

Remember when you're taking your harmony off all your revives will die, I don't know about the valk though. Very nice idea :grin:

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Just want to make sure you know: casting Revive as a Paladin makes you lose quite a bit of your life. SSoG mentioned it has something to do with a Paladin, a holy warrior, using an "evil" skill like Revive. Might be a problem if you have to heal five times while summoning your "army".

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey i am looking at Crescent Moon and what of the possibility of using Spirit Wolves? Also a power zealot using concentration and beast weapon to use grizzly and stack concentration + fanaticism? Maybe with stone and holy freeze merc u have 2 tanks : grizzly and clay golem and slowing by holy freeze and clay golem hehe

11. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

Yeah any character can do hell all it takes is time and care.