The Problems plagueing X-men 3.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
The Problems plagueing X-men 3.

Well, apparently, Alan cummings is not coming back to play his role as Nightcrawler in Xmen 3. Fox did not pick up his option. This latest problem is just a series of problems to hit X-men 3, not to mention a ho-hum script. Not only did they lose Bryan Singer to Superman, it was because Fox sat on their asses for an enormously long time, hoping to get Singer at a reduced price. Now they lost him, and replaced him with Brett Ratner. Not sure which movies he directed, but the fanbase is pretty pissed over this. Also, a script was leaked to a reviewer for the site www.Aintitcool.com and first impressions were not good at all. Major spoilers ahead.

They kill off Cyclops and Mystique, and the plot is once again a ho-hum angry human vs mutants deal. Only this time, it's the father of Warren Worthington i.e Angel, and he has an anti-mutant serum. Sigh. That's right. No Sentinels, and no Apocalypse. We do see a bit of Phoenix (possibly Dark) as she is the one who kills Cyclops. Juggernaught is in this movie as well, but like the fellow villains of the previous X-flicks, he's once again just a mindless thug with no real personality.

Not looking forward to this at all.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Dang I cant hardly say anything becasue it will continue the spoiler alert but...wow, I cant believe that is gonna happen. Just wow....this one could truly suck.

KillJoyBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Count on the "bean counters"in Hollywood to take a cool/successfull idea and transform it into the same all CGI, no real plot, no character development, run-of-the-mill drivel.

The suckage is off the charts! :rolleyes:

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
KillJoyBob said:
Count on the "bean counters"in Hollywood to take a cool/successfull idea and transform it into the same all CGI, no real plot, no character development, run-of-the-mill drivel.

The suckage is off the charts! :rolleyes:
I personally blame Fox. Their greediness has lead to tons of problems for X-men 3. They waited too long in order to get a good deal, and got screwed in the process with Singer just left.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
I really worry that Ratner is going to be the X-Men's Schumacher. He hasn't done anything really offensive so far (and some good stuff with Rush Hour), but he's going in with a different cast (aren't there still rumors about problems with Halle Barry?) and a sub-par (from all reports) script.

I'm definitely not dooming this from the start, but what's been said so far doesn't seem promising at all.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Croup said:
I really worry that Ratner is going to be the X-Men's Schumacher. He hasn't done anything really offensive so far (and some good stuff with Rush Hour), but he's going in with a different cast (aren't there still rumors about problems with Halle Barry?) and a sub-par (from all reports) script.

I'm definitely not dooming this from the start, but what's been said so far doesn't seem promising at all.

Most people want Angela Basset to play Storm instead of Halle Berry, who is constantly complaining about her character not having enough lines. More spoilers ahead.

With Cyclops dead, storm becomes team leader. She is also going out with Wolverine at this point.

Gigas

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. They kill off my favorite blue-hued babe, and in exchange they bring in the two X-Men I hate the most; Angel and Phoenix. What an incredibe trade! I'm sure to go see this festering crapwad now!

Also, where the hell is Jubilation Lee? I needs me some firecrackers, dammit!

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
Gigas said:
Wow. They kill off my favorite blue-hued babe, and in exchange they bring in the two X-Men I hate the most; Angel and Phoenix. What an incredibe trade! I'm sure to go see this festering crapwad now!

And who the hell names their kid " jubilation " ??

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Gigas said:

To quote my friend Jeff:

"Having Jubilee's powers is like having the mutant power to suck."

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Why in the world would they kill of Cyke? He's the freakin daddy.
I'm guessing so that Storm gets the spotlight, so Halle Berry stops *****ing, and probably cause he is the most disliked X-man.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Carnage-DVS said:
I'm guessing so that Storm gets the spotlight, so Halle Berry stops *****ing, and probably cause he is the most disliked X-man.
To be fair, Cyclops is hella lame.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I want his character killed off for the sake of inter-actor bickering.

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
Stevinator said:
I bet you were the only kid on your block to think leo was the coolest ninja turtle too.
Hey! He *was* the best.

But Cyclops sucks.

The real question is, where is Gambit??

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
Carnage-DVS said:
He's in this. Don't know how long but he's in it.
Maybe just one scene to say "The name is Gambit, remember it!" :clap:

X3 looks like its starting to suck though :(