Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Power of Telekinesis

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by melianor, Feb 16, 2004.

1. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

The Power of Telekinesis

Just thought i'd bring this little nifty 1-point wonder spell to the attention of all Sorc-players, since it still seems to be underrated by most.

Some might go *haha* you use it to pick up potions and gold you lazy sorc :p
    Well yes, you can do that too, but the best use for Telekinesis is to stun monsters and knock them back, making them unable to use any of their attacks, while your Merc tears them apart.

The monsters qualfying most for this tactic are Bossmonsters and those that are immune to your Elemental attacks, like FI/CI or LI/CI and so on.

Single-tree Sorc will benefit form Telekinesis just aswell.
    If you are good at splitting up chunks of immune monsters you can even tackle hell with your single-tree sorc, her merc and telekinesis. I have seen skilled players using Telekinesis to their advantage that way.

So if you can spare 1 point in Telekinesis or have it anyways since you utilize Teleport, remind yourself of trying it out once and discover the benedit :D

Stun and Knockback also works on LI monsters!!!! (This is notable since Telekinesis is a Lightning tree skill)

Differently to what Arreat Summit says i have seen this work against monsters like the Countess, not sure on Act bosses thouh (dont think so).

EDIT:
    What else can be done with Telekinesis?

Activate Shrines
    Open seals in Chaos Sanctuary
    When in town dont need to run to your portal, just click it with Telekinesis 8)
    Activate Waypoints :D

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

i think it can open ur stash.

and yes, this skill is right up there with teleport in awesomeness if you know to use it.

when i was playing around, i had my sorc do a few travincal runs. one of the monsters was immune to both my spells and noone else could kill him, so i started looking at what i could do to help. telekinesis backed him up to a wall where everyone else could bash him till he died while being stunned.

i'm disappointed telekinesis isn't more effective in pvp. the whole thing about having a % chance to knockback/stun and the recovery rate of players really makes it no fun.

3. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

TK is quite useful against the Lister pack. Its a pretty fun skill to use.

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

telekinesis

It's good for turning the TV channel too.

When I try to use telekinesis against an immune, it helps but it seems to not hit every single time. Am I just missing or is there a chance to hit on it?

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Sometimes it misses, maybe its connected to FCR, since FHR of monster might be bigger than your own FCR, so it can land a hit inbetween.

With FCR 63%+ i usually hit all the time. Just like you need FCR 63%+ to be able to teleport decently so monsters wont hit you.

chubbypuppy, you must be mixing RL with D2 :p