Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The power of Plague Javelins Viable?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by mastrinidad, Feb 3, 2004.

1. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

The power of Plague Javelins Viable?

As a bit of Variety I was thinking of diverging from the Pure Lightning Javazon and plopping some Poison in it for good measure. For lightning I was only going to max Charge Strike and either LS or LF (any takers on which is best?)

on the skill planner by d2items, I see that with max synergy and about 30 on Plague Javelin (ill prob get 30 with my items in the final build) my plague javelin will have

"21489-21694 over 14.6 seconds attack +291 percent"

Has anyone achieved this already and did they find that its very useful against LI monsters instead of just getting in their face with Jab/Fend?

My final item will be eth upgraded Titans so I can still probably Jab also but for extra spanking I'd like to know if poison of this calibur is really helpful.

Thanks a bunch...

2. det

det IncGamers Member

Glad you asked. ;) In fact I have not reached lv 30..only a measly lv 24 but it is good enough for me. Maxed Plaque and maxed Poison jav synergy work well, while a strong Valk and a merc (my preference with this build is Act 3 Icemerc) fight under the poison cloud. It's slow going, mind you..but you just never get mana problems..and the slow killing speed helps you to pace yourself for the dangers of hell.

I am happy to use Titans now, but even with a cracked javelin, this skill was not to shabby now in 1.10

3. eidotekili

eidotekili IncGamers Member

do you have to max the synergy for plague to be effective?
    how does it work in hell? is it slow or is it reeeaallllyyy ssllllooooowwwww......
    and for lightning immunes, do you just use plague and let your valk and merc kill em(which i think would be really slow but i dont know) or do you invest in jab,fend or something physical to help pick em off faster?

4. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

You want to get at least SLVL 28 (preferably 30 or so) and get Trang-Oul's Gloves, they really help. I maxed Valk, maxed PJ, maxed PoisJav, and maxed LF. Normally I'd use LF, it's very effective until you hit LI, then PJ and Valk finish the job unless you get a pack of those big Poison Immune Gargoyles. Against Lister and his buds, the PJ seems to only stop the healing, but it prob does do dmg, just that I can't see. Hope this will help you!

5. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

i faced a javazon who said her plague was doin 65k damage... i belived her when my 3k life dropped in about 6 seconds...

6. mastrinidad

i can believe that....with the skill planner it looks like over 30, your plague javelin damage increases by a tremendous amount! the javazon ur referring to probably has a slew of jav charms tho..

Okay saw the skill planner again..if you have maxxed synergy..and level 43 on plague javelin you do

Attack: +408 percent
    Poison Damage: 65340-65618 over 19.8 seconds

daaaamn....

replying to some posts.

Det : hahaha...Power of the cracked Javelins..woohoo!!
    FiNaLoRgYkKzOn: Do you find that LF works better than LS? And why Trang
    Gloves?

EDIT..just saw why the gloves...WOW..nice!!!

7. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

That java may have been using the runeword "bramble". In conjunction with trang and some facets it's possible she was approaching +100% poison damage. I read somewhere that bramble was bugged but have no idea on this issue.

8. DeadBunny

DeadBunny IncGamers Member

I've been building a Plague/Fend Javazon on USWest ladder and am currently lvl 76, with skills of:

20 Plague
    20 Poison
    20 Fend
    1 in all Passive Skills

Just starting hell and so far, its quite powerful, admittedly i have some nice gear making it easier, but im able do about 31,000 poison dmg over 15 seconds. I even have 10 skill points that i havent used and dont even see a use for yet! I'll find out if its truely viable once i start hitting mass amounts of poison immunes, but fend seems to take care of them for the mean time. If you got any questions feel free to ask.

9. mastrinidad

wow..sounds pretty cool. I might try that in the future too but for now I like to have one faster form of killing power in the form of lightning...but if i can get something like 60k in poison (as some peeps have shown..its doable)...then DAMN!!..id love to give that a go too..

10. DeadBunny

DeadBunny IncGamers Member

Yeah, with enough skill charms, 60k is definately doable. Im at lvl 31 plague right now and adding 1 skill charm gives an extra like 4,000 dmg.

11. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

what would be a good secondary skill to go with PL/PJ for a pvp zon?

12. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

lightning fury works okay.

Plague jav will drain their hp to nothing in PvP then use a quick LF (lots of mana I know) or just chunk a normal jav :teeth:.

13. ksyde

ksyde IncGamers Member

here's a pix of my current LF/PL Javazon...

javazon (173KB)

so far..tested on diff chars in pvp...barb w/ max res being the hardest to kill so far...diff pallys next in line.....

even with 75% poison resist...still does bout 200-300 per sec...so thats not that bad...pick them off with LF when poisoned....

also a question for those that are experienced in this build... currently lvl 75... so i got bout 24 more points to use....what 2ndary melee skill is better? charged strike? jab? fend?...i heard different things about each one...another thing to consider is my lack of IAS...should i juz max one of the LF's synergies to increase damage?

14. ThaRiddler2002

ThaRiddler2002 Banned

Hiya,

I managed to get my zon doing about 70k damage with plague javelin, my poison jav was about 85k. I had
    full jav gcs
    titans
    shako
    maras
    lidless
    que-hegans
    2 sojs
    1.10 trang gloves
    and the rest of my gear was just junk i found.
    So thats my gear, easy to come by, and even w/o brable this build is GODLY powerful in pk. Only people that can beat it are the ones with a belt of antidotes or massive res/poison length reduction.
    Pretty stupid of me, but i wanted that extra point from lidless and max block, so i really messed up my zon with like 300 dex at level 69...but oh well she was fun :)

15. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Add the effects of the Rabies (poison that kills), and we have the most powerful skill ever...

16. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

maybe someone should calculate how much +3 java gloves can help over trang gloves
    since I'm pretty sure at higher skill levels, +skill helps way more then +poison dmg

Let's see how many +skill we can squeeze out;
    belt 1
    ring 2
    helm 3
    armor 2
    shield 1
    amulet 3
    java 4
    gloves 3
    grandcharms 10
    anni sc 1

equals, +30 to to poison/plague java
    -----------------
    plague javalin
    which is at slvl 50 so:
    96826-97144
    over 22.6 seconds

4284.3-4298.4 per second

----------------
    poison javalin:
    which is at slvl 50 so:
    112055-106144
    over 106 seconds

1057.1-1001.4 per second
    ----------------

oddly the skill calculator went weird on poison java, but I'm sure that's a close number.

now that is some high poison damage!

now I'm not sure if its 1/10 poison damage in pvp or 1/2
    either way plague does
    2142.15-2149.2 per second (1/2)
    or
    428.43-429.84 per second (1/10)

sure poison is resistable, but not many pvp characters plan for poison unless they go out of their way in equipment and skills. of course your poison can be negated easily by wearing death's gloves and sash.