Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Poor Ole Barb

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by tpiercymtv, Feb 4, 2004.

1. tpiercymtv

tpiercymtv IncGamers Member

The Poor Ole Barb

So I made a WW barb and was quite disapointed. He had Ferocious Thresh of quckness with some ed jewels in it. 420 max damage... I decided to go the defiance merc, which was a good choice but the AR on WW fell flat in ACT 2 hell. Needless to say I was a little ticked. He has 250 ar raven and quite a few ar charms...to give him a max 4900 ar. So, I am deciding to try out the no dex ik maul zerker. Being that this is hc, and having no shield no defense I am prolly going with a cold mage. So have any you guys build one of these guys and is he viable in hell. I really don't want to go thru the WW disapointment thing agin.

2. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

5k AR and you could not hit? Strange only problems my zealot has with hitting is Baal really and he has a little over 5k AR.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Sounds like another person who is forgetting that the monster level/character level difference is just as important to hit % as your actual attack rating.

4. phooker51

phooker51 IncGamers Member

First off, I think your merc choice is wrong. In my opinion, a might merc is heads and shoulders above any other merc for a ww barb. Sure, the big defense bonus is nice, but if you follow the standard ww build (max mastery, bo, ww, and shout), your merc should have great defense and life without the need for defiance. His might aura will give you a much needed damage boost as well. On the ar issue, as someone has already mentioned, level differentials between you and the monsters makes a huge huge difference. If you aren't 73-75 yet (I prefer 75), you're going to have a horrible horrible chance to hit hell monsters. If you're still having ar problems, 3 things most people overlook are:

1) Angellic amulet + angellic ring/2 rings = huge ar, 95/115 life, 10 dex, 20% damage to mana (which is real nice when you hit mana burn mobs)

2) Demon Limb Tyrant club for the level 23 enchant charges... a very nice boost to ar, lasts about 6 minutes a charge, 11k to repair, and fire damage to boot.

3) 1 (or more) points in Battle cry, reduces enemy defense and damage by a crapload.

And if you're STILL hard up for ar, then consider a blessed aim merc. A little unconventional, and still less useful than a might merc, but it would work as well.

5. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I was extremely happy with my lvl 74 ww barb until he died in act 2 hell due to my ignorance and kung fu chop suey wanna be leet skills . Ran into a nice pack of beetles with skeletons and zombies and the summoning Ancient Ka types things . D * * M poison sucks !! I could ww all over the place with no problems . You need a might merc - I agree there , and at least 10 % mana leech with a big weapon - because its half in hell of your total - to be able to non stop ww . I was using Ik hat , gloves , belt , boots , Lionheart armor , Bonehew polearm , 7 % manald and a rare mana leech ring had about 4800 ar and it was good for me .

My rebuild is the same except im going IK maul this time in hopes that one of these 100000000 million baal / pit runs Ill find a Ik armor . Good luck on the rebuild

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I believe in 1.10 leech is halved in Nightmare and quartered in Hell, before even factoring in some monsters' huge physical resistance.