Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Poof BUG IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by oscarmk1, Jan 29, 2004.

1. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

The Poof BUG IMPORTANT

Hi,

So about 2 months ago i misteriously lost from my character 3 crappy rares that i was wearing and that i had found. I though it was an isolated case however i started to hear from many ppl that also lost stuff that they found.. a friend lost azurewrath 2 games after he found it for instance.

Anyway i though this had been fixed, however just know i was playing and suddenly my 20 life sc goes bye bye... this was on ladder... so cleary this is not fixed and its reallly but reallly annoying since it seems like practically anything u have can go poof any second.

2. duneforever

duneforever IncGamers Member

I haven't heard of any of this happening, but I do recall one time very long ago..When the expansion first came out I had an assassin and one day some of her items disappeared and one of my charms "morphed" into a different one..it was really weird I never saw or heard of it happening before, but in the end I ended up with some uniques but that charm that morphed became some large charm of strength and it gave +16 and [increases near dawn] this never happened again and I eventually lost my account and that bugged charm.

3. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

It is happening, ive heard it from different sources, items that you found and picked up they dissapear for no reason or whatsoever anytime.

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K...

Completely unrelated Edit: I'm at my 100th post. I'm now officially on borrowed time. Yeah.

5. Gosu-diablo

Gosu-diablo IncGamers Member

u think u have it bad losing those 20 to life sc's?

well,

my vex disappeared in my stash...

and dont even start making guesses as to wut happened to it...

i KNOW that it disappeared... = (

6. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Maybe the Vex Rune didn't like your Stash...

Next time, add in some other rune friends :xmad:

7. logic_bomb

logic_bomb IncGamers Member

May or may not be related, but if you're lagging badly, something you think you picked up wasn't really picked up. Or vice-versa. For example. I ran Eldritch and Shenk and picked up a couple rares, they weren't great so I sold them to Larzuk. Then I ran pindle, killed him and his minions, nothing great dropped so I portaled back to Harrogath and took the Durance WP for Meph. As I was teleporting through the Durance I got connection interrupted. When I went back on later, the rares from Eldritch and Shenk were back in my inventory(though I don't know if I still had the cash from them, I suppose it's possible they duped). Just a possibility, if you picked them up and get disc'ed or something, maybe that's what happened.

8. BuddySativa

BuddySativa IncGamers Member

Char rollbacks are occuring - where the char isn't saved after connection interrupts etc.

I've had a few games where items I've given away are back in my invent after a game loss. The char had rolled back to a previous save, that's all. My friend who was in the game and also lost connection, did not have the items I had given him, so he rolled back too. Sometimes, if the recieving player exits the game before the server crash occurs, the item can exist on both chars - ie, an accidental duping due to server probs.

Most of the orignal duping methods exploited the server-drop method by creating a server crash.

I've noticed far more game losses in 1.10 due to what seem to be server crashes at bnet end. Sometimes the char rolls back (and you get the items you've sold/swapped back), sometimes not.

9. tubtub

tubtub IncGamers Member

I think u should mule all good runes but i play HC.

10. vamp_sx

vamp_sx IncGamers Member

Yea I've experienced both minor character rollbacks and games where I thought I picked something up whereas the next day I check my char and item isn't there. However luckily a friend was in game at time and told me that I did not pick up the item before i exited d2. Just be really aware if you're experiencing any strange lag or desyncing etc. while muling and be cautious, reconnect to your account after leaving just to see if u picked the items up.

Oh and I had it really bad with losing items. Once i was really really tired at night and while choosing characters and clicking i accidentally deleted my zon. haha anyways it was 1.09 at the time and i invested everything into her. tons of bm poison, 160/60 archon, 1.08 gloves, u name it. but yea, i'm sure u all recovered ur lost wealth by now since u last posted. =).

11. FrozenPoP

FrozenPoP IncGamers Member

Kind of a different problem but possibly related. I've noticed this at least 5 times now. When I'm muling, items will dissapear from the ground. It first happened when I exited the game, and reentered and realized that a few of the crafting jewels i was gonna mule were gone. I've tried this while other people other friends are in the game too. The strangest occured while I was muling and someoen else was actually watching the items when they dissapeared. I know that person ddidn't take them cause it was my girlfriend and I basically give her all the items she uses anyways. Not sure if this is solved yet, but it sure is strange. It always used to be gems or craftin jewels, but this time I lost a Jav and spear skill charm with poison dmg. Sigh.

12. Leyan

Leyan IncGamers Member

This has happened to me too. Me and a friend where muling and suddenly 2 set items and a unique item where gone from the ground. He thought I took them to tease and vice versa, but that was not the case.

/Leyan

13. rykros1987

rykros1987 IncGamers Member

items disapear after being left on the ground for too long magic items liek 15 min limit...rares and set liek 30 and i tihnk like 45+ for uniques left on ground so i think thats your problem just dont leave em on the ground for too long next time =P :drink: :buddies: :sleep:

14. Zeus_mt

Zeus_mt IncGamers Member

hmm i don't know if this is the same or not but a few weeks ago i noticed that my Venom Grip had changed to just a normal pair of Demonhide Gloves, the def was the same but the item was just...no extra properties to it or anything... just normal :| i was like WTF??? At least it was just Venom Grips anyway

15. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

never happened to me at all. i've been playing 4-8 hours a day every day since .10 started, with one 15 day break (so i lost a bunch of raw mules) and never has a single item disappeared, morphed or anything. i mule every single time solo with the 5 min wait.

16. rykros1987

rykros1987 IncGamers Member

i dont think any of my items ever have changed in some way or the other or even disappeared...odd... :spy:

ow and crap ignore the quote in this lol! accidentally click wrong reply button =P

17. Axurewrath

Axurewrath Banned

What this sounds like to me is Rollback. Your friend found an aZurewrath and lost it 2 games later? That sounds to me like rollback... Since you didnt mention how long you had your rares before they went poof, this may not be the case. Very odd though, i have yet for an item to dissapear on me... 'cept for my lionheart balrog skin in the first few weeks of 1.10.

.Axurewrath

18. D34D

D34D IncGamers Member

I lost some socket items like 4 socket flails etc while muling, all the other items were still on the floor and none of them had been there long, anyone know if socket items disapear faster than rare/unique/magic etc ?

19. Criku

Criku IncGamers Member

Yes socketed items belong to the group that vanishes first. All white items, socketed items, potions, scrolls or gold disappear after 10 minutes, if I´m not wrong..