Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The plot thins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maccool, Apr 2, 2004.

1. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

The plot thins

So, it looks as if the U.S. administration knew about the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks up to 4 or 5 months beforehand. That is to say, they may have known exactly what the mode of the attacks were going to be, but perhaps not the specific date. Which of course begs the question, why wasn't any potential threat taken seriously with so much advance warning?

propaganda 1

Here's a transcript of an interview the whistleblower, Sibel Edmonds, if you happened to miss Democracy Now the other day:

propaganda2

Of course, she can't be trusted because she obviously is a liberal and has ulterior motives. Besides, it's Clinton's fault. Still, the spin will be interesting; both from the administration and its unwavering, unquestioning supporters here in the OTF.

Regardless of your political affiliation, you should wonder what the heck is going on in your (if you're an American) government. I can accept lies and deception as a matter of course for any administration, but this is a little too outrageous.

Edit: forgot to add that I personally don't place any blame on the Bush administration for the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

2. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

The spin won't be particularly interesting, just more of the same bile-spewing. Maybe they'll accuse her of being a child molester. Whatever.

This is like when Young Earth Creationists attack carbon dating and think that having done so, they've proved the world is less than 10,000 years old. Even if their arguments about carbon dating were true (which they're not), they still have to explain why all dating systems (carbon dating is only one of many) keep coming up with the same numbers time and time again.

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Well, I was hoping for something better than hate-bile spew (oooh, good band name). Usually, there is a point buried somewhere. But, if this turns out to be true, it doesn't bode well at all.

PS I'm particularly fond of Sm/Nd and Re/Os dating myself. Uber cool, but too spendy!

4. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

hypothetically

Ok so we find out that they knew all along and blah blah blah.

Then what do WE do?

People welcomed all this patriot act stuff with such open arms, our rights have been limited, and the dude that brought it all is going to be the president again.

Reminds me of the millions of times in history class when some government starts gradually acting up and then sooner or later they get caught for the huge corrupt thing they are, everyones told about it, then the kids ask "Why didnt the people see this coming or stop it?"

Its a great question really.

5. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

Of course you don't. You merely insinuate that it may be true, and propogandize opinions that may lead a slow thinker to that conclusion. But heavens no, you'd never directly blame it on Bush. In fact, you don't even know why you bothered to post the links or bring it up at all. Never mind, everybody. Go about your business.

:rolleyes:

6. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Hey, there is only one winner, right?

:lol:

7. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Defend that squinty-eyed chump from Texas all you like. The fact remains that he is personally responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people and I'll be damned if I will support that lying SOB.

He should be impeached.

8. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

So should've Slick Willie, but, that didn't happen either, and he lied under oath.

9. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Ummm, Slick Willie WAS impeached.

10. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Clinton was impeached ... just not convicted.

Clinton's transgressions were nothing compared to Bush. Nothing that is unless you think that the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women, and children are somehow less important than a BJ in the oval office.

11. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Um, no. But thanks for the typical conservative attack. It's always nice to have something dependable to count on in these crazy times. That is to say, you probably didn't read either link. Or if you did, dismissed them out of hand because, "they're just out to get Bush".

My point was along the lines of

Remember that part of my initial post? If you just don't like me, try Geeno's

Heady stuff, really. I don't have a good answer. But I do know crying and whining about the ruthless liberal media and sarcastic comments about my posts is pretty weak sauce. In other words, try and bring something to the discussion.

12. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I don't you why you'd expect something different from the conservatives here. Idealism perhaps?

13. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

It is indeed, heady stuff. I feel that your arguments are, also, pretty weak sauce.

I for one would like to see the man finish what he started. If you remember the speech on 9/13/01, Dubya told us, it wasn't going to be easy or fast. I think we all knew that going in.

It has to be done. These idiots have gone too far. Time to pay the piper.

14. Carnage-DVS

So, even though they had warning and did nothing and thus, are somewhat responsible for 9/11, you'd still vote for him in the misguided hopes he'll actually finish the job on terrorism?

15. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Your arguments are pure speculation, at this time.

And yes, I will vote for him.

16. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

Fact-checker reporting for duty, sir:
    The fact is that a small handful of terroroists are personally responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people. President Bush is personally responsible for sending our soldiers to kill thier terrorist brethren.

I don't know if you heard about this or not, but back in September of 2001, there was a series of really bad terror attacks on American soil. It was in all the papers the next day; I'm surprised you missed it.

You creepy liberals are frighteningly forgetful of things like that. Every time someone like you opens his mouth, George W. Bush gets another vote in November...because we normal humans understand that people die in war. And we normal humans understand that this war is very, very necessary.

Please, please, please keep spouting your hate and ignorance as loudly, publicly and frequently as possible...because this country really needs George W. Bush around for a few more years.

17. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

:worship: :worship: :worship:

18. Carnage-DVS

Too bad that according to those reports, 9/11 could have been avoided. This country doesn't need George W at all. It needs to get rid of him asap before he gets things messed up even more.

19. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Should've, could've, would've ...

*sigh*

Again, pretty damned weak sauce, there, Carnage.

20. Carnage-DVS

Nice arguement there. No weaker than your "sigh".