Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Pit

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mr-gommez, Apr 10, 2005.

1. mr-gommez

mr-gommez IncGamers Member

The Pit

Ok i had a quick look around and was just wondering if someone could help me out with the whole pit run thing. I just wanna know why people run the pit so often and what its % chance to drop things were. if somone could just point me to an appropriate web page that would be great

2. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

people run the pit in search of great items like talrashas and ik armor ect. the chances to drop r just like normal unique monsters except the pit is one of the few spots that can drop uniques/sets of this high of level.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Yes the pit is a lvl 85 area..which means that champions and bosses are lvl 87 and can drop every item in the game. The normal monsters can also drop a lot of good stuff but they almost never do. Champions and Bosses have worse chances of dropping uniques than Pindle does so don't expect miracles.

The other reason to run the pits is that it's easy..or at least much easier than World Stone Keep runs..A lot of builds can really tear through the pits even on p8 and that makes it a nice MF spot. You just have to be a bit patient, cause you probably won't find uniques every 1-2 runs as you do when running an act boss.

4. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

The main hype about the pits is that great uniques can drop there.

But it is also a great place for exp, and finding elite items. I cant even remember how many monarchs and superior armors/weapons I have found in there. Not to mention Eth superior weapons/armor.

For instance, I found a eth kraken shell, which I socketed, and then made a 2868 defense Stone. Traded it for 2 Ist's (Hehe).