The Pit level 1 spawning only 1-4 champion/unique packs

J-Dog

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi guys

I have a question regarding The Pit level 1 monster spawns. I've been trying to roll a map for my Assassin multiple (I'd say around 100-150) times from level 85 to 90 and I can't seem to spawn more than 1-4 champion/unique packs in total in level 1. It also seems like certain tiles get used a lot after rerolling as well making the maps look rather similar.

So far I've tried resetting with both normal and nm difficulty and teleporting from Outer Cloister and Black Marsh and these don't seem to have an effect. Is there an explanation for this phenomenon and is there a way around it?

Luhkoh

Diabloii.Net Member
This is obviously kind of dumb, but thought you might find it entertaining nonetheless. My buddy @sir_cyclops was maining an assassin when he was active on here. Back in aprilish, we were both rolling pit maps in prep for RFL round 3 last year, me with a necro and him with assassin. He kept telling me he was rolling pit maps with 1-3 bosses on lvl 1. I was like that's near impossible and didn't really believe him.

Fast forward to Novemberish. I'm finally ready to lvl my assassin up a bit and start rolling some pit maps with her. Every. Single. One. Has barely any boss packs on lvl 1. Moral of the story: assassins suck at rolling pit maps :p

In all seriousness, idk if something about the trap laying makes it harder to id packs or if we collectively have some terrible assassin pits luck. But I suggest going to p1, going very slowly and counting really thoroughly for a while, and you'll find one soon with a normal amount.

Albatross

Diabloii.Net Member
At first I though you said L2, where 1-4 is expected, but that's pretty strange for L1. Certainly not an expert on Pits so I can't help much, do you have another runner? Your assassin might be jinxed :D

You should take into consideration that champion spawns will reduce the overall number of boss packs especially if they spawn early in the run, so you might have just been really unlucky. It's a 20% chance to roll champs instead of a unique with minions.

J-Dog

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's a map layout that keeps popping up:
Screenshot008.jpg

Map after reroll is identical:
Screenshot009.jpg

In this layout the chapion/unique packs spawn in first 1/3 - 1/2 of the map after entrance and there's usually 2-3 packs in total.

ResTTe

Diabloii.Net Member
It's just a bad luck. I am in the process of rolling pitmap for my pitzerker and i find a lot of maps with 4/6 packs which is totally normal. I think you can have some problems with counting them or you don't check the full map, cause i don't see any reason for assassin to have less packs in pits than other chars. Keep in mind that small maps have less packs than larger maps. What i found recently is that i get very similar maps after rerolling. Like the whole map layout is basically the same, but 1 tile is different.

J-Dog

Diabloii.Net Member
It's just a bad luck.
I was hoping someone would say this. You know how RNG plays tricks with you sometimes and makes you suspect all kinds of weird stuff? My plan was simple:

- complain about a most likely rng-related issue
- suggest there's conspiracy theories involved
- wait for someone to explain how it's simply rng
- see the issue solve itself after complaining about it publicly
- profit

I'll keep rerolling and tell you when I get a good map. Cheers.

J-Dog

Diabloii.Net Member
It still makes me happy that Luhkoh had that story to tell and basically confirm the conspiracy.

ResTTe

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, people tend to search for conspiracies. That's normal. What i always do is to think "We are talking about infinitely many possibilities. There is no reason for weird things to not to happen." What you should do is to analyze the rarity of some event, so you can tell if it's likely to happen or not. For example, there are 5 patterns for ber in LK pattern thread. We once checked with a friend some random ber rune drop screenshots and clips and we got only those 2 confirmed ones in like 30 sources. Very unlikely that those other 3 patterns exist you know ^^