The Pit chest

penguinsfan

Diabloii.Net Member
The Pit chest

I know the monsters are lvl 85 but what is the chest? I found two Grand charms there and trying to decide if I should cube them.

Thanks,
Penguinsfan

BTW before anyone says search I did and no results came up
and the link to 85 chest in the sticky is dead

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The Pit chest

I don't know exactly, but I know the highest rune that can drop from that chest is a Vex. So I'm guessing we're looking at the equivalent of about a TC60 drop.

So it depends on what you want to cube them into. They are fine for skillers, if that's what you're after.

penguinsfan

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the response!

Follow up question: would those Gc be better than Gc I picked up off normals monsters in a hell chaos run?

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member

The charms which drop out of the chest are ilvl 85, so therefore equal to the ones from regular mobs in a hell chaos run.

penguinsfan

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok thanks so they are all rollable, just rolled a 34 life elemental gc off one!! But it took 20 pgems.

Shanksie1337

Diabloii.Net Member

if you're going to be rolling for tradeable/highend skillers you should stick to GC's dropped from Hell Baal, Diablo or Nilthalak as only these GC's can roll with the desired +41-45 life mod.

that said, gz on a nice roll :D

As far as i can remember any GC after about act3 in NM can roll into a skiller, but for the uber expensive second mod of +41-45 life only Hell Baal, Dia or Nilly [email protected] will do.

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member

I found an ist in pits lvl 2 before. I heard a zod can drop from one of the monsters in the pits. Is that true?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Chests hav an ilvl equal to the area level (maybe minus 1, I'm not sure), but their selection of TCs depends on the typical difficulty at that point of the game. That means, act 1 hell chests cannot produce items from high TCs, but those in late act 5 can.

Any GC from nightmare flayer jungle on can become a skiller, but if you have a Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak GC, you better reroll that one. Anyway, rerolling doesn't pay off on a long term BTW (i.e. it's more profitable to sell the pgems), but the wealthier you get, the more annoying their muling becomes. My rule of thumb is that if I don't have a Baal GC yet, I consider myself as being too poor to afford rerolling.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC the -1 is for racks, and it's for qlvl, not ilvl.

Btw, double post kris :p

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member

Chests hav an ilvl equal to the area level (maybe minus 1, I'm not sure), but their selection of TCs depends on the typical difficulty at that point of the game. That means, act 1 hell chests cannot produce items from high TCs, but those in late act 5 can.
ilvl of items from chest = alvl of the area the chest is in.

I did a pit run before I posted to confirm the ilvl of the items from that chest in Pits 2.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

IIRC the -1 is for racks, and it's for qlvl, not ilvl.
If that refers to the qlvl of uniques and set items, where's the difference? :scratchchin: The base qlvl of items decides about the TC they are in, that wouldn't really make sense.

Btw, double post kris :p
Fixed...

Victus

Diabloii.Net Member

Weapon racks and armor stands drop items with ilvl=arealvl-1. Their drop is detemined not by TC but by the qlvl of the base item. The item with the highest qlvl they can drop has qlvl=arealvl-1.
For example Hell Lower Kurast has arealvl80. So the racks and stands there can drop items with qlvl from 1 to 79 and these items have ilvl79.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

So an armor rack in a L85 area in act 1 (if there are any... the Mausolum might have racks) can drop Tal's armor? That item has a high base qlvl (decides about TC membership), but a low qlvl (the ilvl has to be at least that high, else it's a failed set/unique).

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

This info isn't as important in the current patch, but back in 1.07, it is essential. Since racks doesn't use the TC system, they were the only way of getting the high end items.

The mausoleum can indeed spawn racks, unless my memory has gotten totally bad.

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member

Mausoleum can spawn a weapon rack for sure, though I looked at the Mausoleum maps for 2 of my sorcs just now and neither had an armor rack. Just a weapon rack in a corner room. That might just be a peculiarity of their map seeds, but I don't really wish to reroll their maps in order to investigate.

Victus

Diabloii.Net Member

Mausoleum can spawn weapon racks and armor stands. After some runs on them the weapon rack of my strafezon map dropped me a Great Poleaxe(qlvl84).
@krischan - Yes. And armor stand in Mausoleum not only can drop Tal armor (Lacquered Plate), it can drop Archon Plates too. Even stand in the Durance of Hate lvls can drop Tal armor.

SeCKSEgai

Diabloii.Net Member

With the current bnet pricing, I would recommend not rolling charms since the days of 40 pgems for pul are long gone. Considering you can go through 40 without a decent roll, and its more expensive to do so this ladder, it's best to leave the re-rolling to the baal/nil gcs/scs.