Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the Pissy part about miny resets....oh how they suck

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by skihard, Apr 7, 2004.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

the Pissy part about miny resets....oh how they suck

yesterday early eve I was lucky enough to pick up a Gul rune in a Baal run.. :clap:

I quit for a couple hours to watch a movie and when I get back on My pali has the inventory he had about 2 games before the lucky grab. What a pisser that was.. :rant:

oh well not the first time I lost stuff in a miny reset and probably won't be the last time........I do wonder why they happen however.

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Poor guy. This has happened to me too, but that time I only lost an Oculus lucky enough. I think this happens because you're on a bad server/server that crashes. First you get like 5000 ping (I guess that means "not in contact with server". After that the server resets, and that's why it takes a while before you can enter games again.
    I'm think this crashes have to do with people duping, using bots, hunting clones (not sure about this - but when a lot of people is on the same server at the same time something has to happen), and sometimes because of the server just being a server (crashing without reason like all computers). Well, I'm no expert at this... That's my theory anyway.
    I hope you find another Gul.

3. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Well,that sure does suk but at least the rest of your gear is still there. :thumbsup:

4. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

If it was a rollback U might have yer forge quest back...

5. skihard

skihard Banned

no this was in a Baal run, my fordge quest on this guy was gone many, many moons ago. I'm bummed but I know it happens and I'm sure I'll find another in the future.

6. hotpanfight

hotpanfight IncGamers Member

I've been reading posts about these resets, and one finally happened to me. The game locked up, and I had a bunch of primo items on the ground. I couldn't get back in, and it said that the game no longer existed. I started a new game, and everything that was on the ground was in my inventory, I only lost an unidentified amyy I found in hell (I make myself happy by assuming it was Nor's). So, it was a good mini reset....

7. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Only time it ever happened to me i lost a vex rune.

8. thaMcJin

thaMcJin Banned

i don't know if this crashes a server. one time i had a kicksin, hellya, she run freaking fast. she has like 28 burst of speed and 20 faster run elite boot(don't remember which one), she was in a hell act2 game, no one got the wps, so i decided to run 4 it. she runs like untouchable, i run past a lot of monsters without them tounching me. then i run into some black area, i knew that was lag, i got kicked, when i tried to get back the game, it doesn't exist.
    am i runing so fast that cause the lag?