Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The perfect Trapper

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Lightning Guru, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Lightning Guru

Lightning Guru IncGamers Member

The perfect Trapper

Well this was bugging me 4 a while so i guess that ill just do what i wanted to do. im gonna tell u dudes how to ake the perfect traper as the title imples.

As we all know, you need enigma, nats claws and a Shadow killer, full nat stuff and eye of etlich, and 2 sojs, and IK gloves( due to the reason that they have 100 def and 20 to str and dex) but im not really all about that even thought my asn has 2 bartucs and 3 peices of nats. anyways, try to settle down with armor that has over 400 def and claws that do 1 or more to traps.
    you can go for the tough stf to get if you really, really want to.

Now there is 110-120 skillz in the game. and as the name implies, you start with traps.(you will be weak in the beggining of the game, trust me that will change) and you should start with the bonuses.

it should look like this in raw skills:
    Fire blast - 10 points
    Shock Web - 20 points
    Lightning sentry - 20 poisnts
    Death sentry - 20 poisnts

lightning sentry is your powerhouse. dont use ANYTHING else.

now you should be lvl 50-60 (because of the den, radament and izzy quests that give you skillz) and you may be stroing enuf to do nightmare baal runz yourself(but myabe not lister the tormentor). you should be doing about 1-3500 dmg with your traps. now, work on the other stf that will make you hardcore and an asskicker, but remember, a traper is NOT a dueler.

these are the skillz you need(from lvl 50-60 on)
    Shadow warrior - 20 points

and then10 points into burst of speed or fade, i suggest burst of speed, but its your call.
    The reason y u put in 20 points into shadow warrior is because HE MIMICS EVERYTHING U DO. which is kick ass. you already do 1-3500 dmg with traps, and then you can cast it 5 times, and then shadow warrior also does it 5 teims at equal power. THAT is what makes you powerful.

and the reaon behind burst of speed?
    you will be running if you are a trapper.
    ALOT.

well thats my little thingy on making a traper, plz comment on it, say what you think,

thanx, Jman

2. shmiddy

shmiddy IncGamers Member

this is far from perfect...far...far...oh so far.

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Thnx for making my day. You really crack me up.

If this really was a serious attempt , then , well then I'm speechless. Your equipment is far from ideal , your skill allocation sucks , and your dmg isn't all that great either.

How in godsname can you wear both enigma and the full nats set? You're equiping 2 armors at the same time? IK gloves? oh yes , they help tremendous (sarcastic mode on). Shadow killer? Even a blue +1 traps claw is better then that. Newsflash , trappers should only focus on getting good resist and +skills for pvm. Defense = useless , you have a merc and a shadow to tank for you.

Another newsflash. If you have 5 traps out , and your shadow casts 1 aswell , 1 of your own traps disappear. 5 traps for you and your shadow is the max in 1.1. So shadow warrior sucks for trappers. And the shadow's traps aren't as powerfull as yours , they're alot lower. 10 points in either Fade or BoS? They're not called 1 point wonders without a reason.

If you really want some advise , go read on some real guides out here. This isn't even a guide.

4. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

I'll try to be a bit more gentle in my post ;( but you did sound kinda arrogant there...

Here's a few things about why your choice of equipment is bad:

Trappers are pretty much casters. As with all casters that actually DO DAMAGE, they can be effective duelers with enough effort.

As a caster, you will want +skills. Nat's gives a bajillion bonuses other than massive + skills.

To maximize +skills you will need at the very least 10 trap charms, two +3 claws or a Heart of the Oak flail (+4) along with a Lidless +1 or Stormshield. Shako or a nice +2 sin or +3 trap circlet, same with amulet +2 sin or +3 trap with nice bonuses, and either caster rings (mostly for claw users or FCR whores) or SoJ's/Bul Kathos wedding bands.

You only need to maximize Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, Charged Bolt Sentry, and Lightning Web (forgot name) this leaves around 20 or so points, which is your choice on which skill to max, say Shadow Master, Mind Blast, or Claw Block.

Do NOT, max Burst of Speed. Level 1 is enough, with massive + skills the IAS will be enough for trap laying speed. That is all Burst of Speed is for...trap laying IAS, not for running/walking. If you are not weighed down with that dumb Nat's set, you are free to equip Enigma, like you said, and that will allow you to teleport, thereby eliminating any possible need for pumping Burst of Speed.

FCR is also needed for Mind Blast, which is arguably the strongest skill of trappers and assassins as a whole, and to teleport around if you're that kind of dueler. This is why I mentioned the HotO, it is less damage/skills than claws, but easier to get high FCR.

That is far from perfect, but I think it will help a lot more than what you originally posted.

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Why 10 points into fire blast if you're not gonna use anything else other than LS?

Also I don't quite get that part: 'work on the other stf that will make you hardcore and an asskicker'

:uhhuh:

6. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

NICE POST!

Entertain me a lot....

Just feel stupidly bored in office, then I see something make me laugh on the ground....:p

I believe this "Trapper" will "Perfectly" trap himself:p

GOOD JOB!

7. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

fire blast is great...

8. chrystianek

chrystianek Banned

....for quill rats(unless fire immune)
    :clap:

9. chrystianek

chrystianek Banned

ok im kidding fireblast with synergies is good(even i remmber that from my 110 :D )

10. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

i honestly think it's a joke

11. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

What gave that away? :p

12. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

maybe it was an april fool ;)

man, i allways knew nat assas were perfect :D
    fireblast could be used tho :O atleast i do on my trappah

:p