Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The People You Meet Online

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PFS, Sep 6, 2006.

1. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

The People You Meet Online

So I joined a tomb-rush game and found the people already there argueing.

The rusher was accusing someone of stealing from him.

I asked how he stole, it turned out one of the rushees had picked up a small charm and the rusher demanded all drops.

Soon the rusher and some clan friends began making theats of hacking the guys account and deleting his stuff. And demanding 'interest' on the drop...

Personally I normally agree the rusher gets all drops, but these guys were being such pricks about it - particulary given it was over an Act 2 Normal Charm...

Eventually the 'theif' left and the rush resumed. Being bored I decided to 'play' a little and grabbed the first charm that dropped (LC +1fire damage) and in seconds I was swamed with threats of hacks and having my whole computer deleted...

Gave it back (i figured i could live without it) and was told 'good boy' (heckles rise...) and the rush continued.

I emptied my inventory into my stash went through the tp and grabbed the next charm to drop, then the threats again, so I grabbed everything else on the floor (gold, minor mana potions, arrows, etc...)

"GIVE CHARM" "HE HAX YOU IF YIU DONT"

The 'leader' began boasting about how he was going to delete ALL my account cheered on by his cronies.

Whole screen filled with threats - and all hostiled me in town....

Went out and let them PK me - telling them if they wanted my stuff to simply take it from my body.

"I WILL NOOOB" "HE HAS ALL YUR STUFFS NOW NUB" etc etc.

I'm in stitches laughing. I began taunting them more asking them when they will steal my stuff, my mind boggling at the threats I was getting.
    I conceded and dropped a set of arrows, which they picked up!
    Eventually with a promise my accounts would be empties and deleted in the morning they all left.

Seems they had a change of heart and decided to show me mercy and leave my accounts fully intact...

Anyway, just wanted to thank b.net pondlife for providing the best 10mins entertainment this game has given me in a while.

2. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Be careful, his dad works for Blizzard...
    and his mother for the FBI...
    and he's President George W. Bush's best friend...
    and Bill Gates' room-mate too...

You were really lucky that your account wasn't deleted, your hard-drive formatted, your car stolen, and your house burnt ! Next time, give the quiver of arrows quickly back !! :badteeth:

3. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

My only regret was that the char I was rushing was a LLD zealot with all his PvP charms in the stash already waiting for use.

I only wish I had shown them one of my +Max/+Ar/+Other (Life, resists, dex, str) Grandcharms claiming it dropped in the tomb....

Oh well - I'm sure I'll meet people like this again sometime.

4. frish

frish IncGamers Member

naughty, naughty :thumbsup:

5. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Some guy came into my trade game last hight ..asked if I was a new char..I had lvl 4 mule in the game.
    I said no it was a mule.Then he told me he worked for blizzard and could give new chars gear:grin:.
    I asked why would blizzard give gear to newbie chars and he told me he couldn't say because he worked for them:scratch:...It had scam written all over it.
    I strung him along for a while and eventually he just left....Anybody had blizz set up there char/acc for them?:rolleyes:

Fun and Games on bnet!!:laugh:

6. brualness

brualness Banned

i meat this big prick 2 day i was doing some trading (4 a 20 life sc) a lvl 77 tal sorc comes in and gose i offer well no it was a 16 so ok need soem life chrms any
    so i say what u need thay say pul

i was like lol not 4 a 16 thay was like omg u noob

so i just told the to go away but thay did not

so i was like hmmmmmm time 4 u 2 die

well i killed the 3-4 times

then he was like brb and comes back with this crappy hammadin

well thay was like now i will kick yr *** noob well thay tride about 3 time then start smaping noob noob and then thay go away

i never did get my sc:hanky: :hanky:

7. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

Hope you dont mind I add he then has to go to ALL the other tombs games and collect the arrows that drop there and give it to these guys too as a sign of respect.

8. FrostyTheSnowSorc

FrostyTheSnowSorc IncGamers Member

I met a Sorc a few nights back... that tried the /dnd (acct) (pass) trick on me.... So I thought to myself.... SELF... how far would I go, if someone told me that they would agree to the /dnd trick, to get the account... I thought to myself... well one would do just about Anything... So I decided to have a little fun with the 78 Sorcy... I told her to go to durance 3 and wait right beside meph for like 5 mins... but not to attack him at all.. and that i would know if he did because I'd tele there right before i typed /dnd to see if meph was hurt.. So she agrees right... After about 20 secs or so a few golden letters pop up on my screen... "Hernamehere" has been slain by Mephisto.. Followed shortly after by a whisper to me.. So I kept getting her to do odd stuff seeing how far I could go with her... I ended up having her do a Trist run for me.. Smushing like 10 bugs in Act 2 Town... letting meph have his way with her about 5 times.. and finally making her do the Imbue quest Act 1 for me...

:rolleyes: :wink: :jig: :evil:

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I love it when people threaten to "hack" you. This one guy threatened to do that to me because I didn't fall for his lame scam. I believe his exact words were "if u dun drop ur stuff near the wall ima hack u". :rolleyes:

10. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

You should have told him to just go ahead, this way it would save you the trouble of tossing everything on the ground lol

Frosty: :laugh: love that story.

11. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

This is what makes me angry. They think they're mature, spewing cliches and being 'tough'.

Next time, get another character and wipe the game out. It's much more satisfying.

12. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

I had a similar experience! It was really funny.

In a Baalrun (nightmare) the rusher was something like level 93. People were like "omg lvl 93 g0dlyz". He took it to his advantage and said that all drops were his. I personally don't care unless it's something like a Paladin Combat Grand Charm...

I was thinking "What if a unique ring drops?..." Guess what. A unique ring drops! I pick it up... everybody spamming at me "omg giev to teh god lvl 93". I ID'ed it, it was really a Dwarf Star. I didn't need it, so I gave it to the rusher.

He said "liar giev teh soj"
    "What?? I gave you the ring already."
    "giev teh soj liar"
    "Do you actually realize the odds of it being a SoJ?"
    "liar"

Either he was 100% sure it was a SoJ and that I was lying, or he was simply trying to manipulate me. Nice try. He eventually gave up and left the game.

PS: Funniest comment that came up in that game... some low level guy in the game said:
    "drop all ur rings to prove it"
    ROFL. Riiiiiight...

13. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

Something like this happened to me:
    I joined a game called t-r-a-d-e-s and as i join, the guy asks me if i had botd or beast, i said no, he replied then leave n00b. And he hostiled me. I don't have any pvp so i couldnt duel him. Man i must make a pvp for happenings like this

14. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

That reminds me of some guy who called me a noob because I wouldn't trade a 19 20 Sorc torch for his 2 SoJs.

Thet word has lost its meaning... People use Noob when they don't get what they want.

15. BabyLink

Yeah, you're so right

16. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

I hate bvc's they think they're the best because they use doom+beast and townguards/nk. Yesterdat i was in a pub with my bow pala and i shoot at some foh pala, wich tells me to stop because he wanna duel barb. I stop and fire at ama instead. Barb then goes out of town and ww's me while im half life and says: stop ok? u undastand?. I was soo pissed that i townshooted him rest of the game for treating me like an 8 year old.

17. BabyLink

lol. nothing more to say