The "Pass It On" Tournament

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Are 1.10 and 1.11 character files compatible? If so, then there's no problem including 1.10 in the tournament.
 

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member
skunkbelly said:
Are 1.10 and 1.11 character files compatible? If so, then there's no problem including 1.10 in the tournament.
As long as the character isn't carrying the keys or torch from 1.11, they both look the same to ATMA. I believe that is the most important thing for this tourney.

So if you'll allow it, count me in!
 

Cenerae

Diabloii.Net Member
why not try it?

I can create a 1.11 character and send it to a 1.10 player, and that will tell us whether it works or not :smiley:
 

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
skunkbelly said:
Are 1.10 and 1.11 character files compatible? If so, then there's no problem including 1.10 in the tournament.
They may be compatable, but 1.11 items sent back to 1.10 create make many feel icky and would create taint, which will mess up anyone who finds a nice item for their personal stash that ever want to trade again...
 

Dalemite

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
They may be compatable, but 1.11 items sent back to 1.10 create make many feel icky and would create taint, which will mess up anyone who finds a nice item for their personal stash that ever want to trade again...
Aside from the Cube and Wirt's Leg? no items will be passed...unless I'm missing something.
 

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Dalemite said:
Aside from the Cube and Wirt's Leg? no items will be passed...unless I'm missing something.
But 1.10 players will be using 1.11b characters, which have advantages (like better level mercs) than 1.10 characters. They then find things with those characters. Can they still consider those items 1.10? And then they use those not really 1.10 items on their other 1.10 characters? It just gives me an icky feeling, and could create trade pool problems from stricter members down the line. I thought I should point that is would likely taint items from the tourney, and could restrict trade MP options for people who want to use the stuff on other characters.
 

Dalemite

Diabloii.Net Member
Cattleya said:
But 1.10 players will be using 1.11b characters, which have advantages (like better level mercs) than 1.10 characters. They then find things with those characters. Can they still consider those items 1.10? And then they use those not really 1.10 items on their other 1.10 characters? It just gives me an icky feeling, and could create trade pool problems from stricter members down the line. I thought I should point that is would likely taint items from the tourney, and could restrict trade MP options for people who want to use the stuff on other characters.
Alright, I was missing something, I understand now.
 

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Given that there will most likely be only a couple people playing 1.10 in the tourny (Phosheez and jgreg7), I think an addition to the rules ought to clear things up:

***If you are playing v1.10 in this tournament, and you engage in trading or MP with other SPF players, please refrain from muling off any items that you find to your own private stashes.***

There should be no problem whatsoever for 1.11 and 1.11b players, since they anyone can take items from 1.10 to 1.11 whenever they choose, simply by updating their version #, and this is clearly permitted by Blizzard and by generally accepted SPF practice (we don't all start from scratch when the game is patched).
 

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
I will upgrade to v1.11 if I am going to play in this tournament. I will probably want to switch mercs a lot, and having the option of getting one at the character´s level is awesome.
 

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
I will upgrade to v1.11 if I am going to play in this tournament. I will probably want to switch mercs a lot, and having the option of getting one at the character´s level is awesome.
No FE is nice too :grin:
 

Phosheez

Diabloii.Net Member
Crap, I really wanna play in this tourney but the fact that I still am playing with FE bug means i have a disadvantage here. I dont dare upgrade seeing as my grail is 1.10. grrrrrrr, maybe if this tourney is refreshed in a couple of months or whatever and im tired of grailing ill join.
 

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
This might be the most interesting tourney idea I've ever seen. It has the player interaction I was going for when I thought of the Survivor tourney idea...but passing whole characters on to each other has so many more possibilities...just wow.

So yeah, count me in too.
 

zatlaren

Diabloii.Net Member
You could always keep 2 copies of d2 and switch to 1.11 for the tourney and back to 1.10 when grailing.
 

Seishinkan

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, this tournament really sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortuantely, I cannot commit the kind of time involved until May so I'll have to pass this time.

Hope it works out well so that there will be a second one down the road.
 

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is the table of contestants so far. Please feel free to PM your email address to the player ABOVE you in the table: that way, once play begins next Friday (the 14th), things can go smoothly. Players can continue to join up between now and then, and I will add them to the table along with their starting character.

Code:
Player Name			Starting Char. Name	Starting Character Class
Skunkbelly			Abarr				Barbarian
Cenerae			        Boris		   		Necromancer
AeroGear			Cialis				Amazon
mwints				Dude				Druid
Docturnal			Eve				Assassin
aitrus				Fred				Paladin
Jaedhann			Gertrude			Sorceress
AceofSevens			Hugo				Barbarian
XeLou				Igor				Necromancer
Tom_S				Joyride				Amazon
DontFret			Kojak				Druid
DuesNox			        Lolita				Assassin
Kramph			        Magnus			        Paladin
zatlaren			Nunu				Sorceress
Wolron			        Ogg				Barbarian
Tracul				Pastyface			Necromancer
chrischar			Queenie			        Amazon
CrazyBear			Ravenous			Druid
SuperSavage			Slick				Assassin
SkaMan			        Trueheart			Paladin
Quickdeath			Uma				Sorceress
EJB				Vukkov			        Barbarian
jiansonz			Wightie			        Necromancer
Dalemite			Xena				Amazon
jgreg7				Yulog				Druid
RonBurgandy			Zip-Olighta			Assassin
Bloodfire			Augustus			Paladin
azn_apocalypse	   	        Beulah				Sorceress
JicamaEater			Chester			        Barbarian
Freekje				Deadguy			        Necromancer
 
Top