The origins of a name

Lord Nyax

Banned
The origins of a name

Well, I'm bored. It's been a full two minutes since my last post...and it's 2:00 AM here, I need to get to bed. However, before I go, let's do something fun, shall we?

My question is this: Where did your forum name originate?

I was kinda "inspired" by Dondrei's comment that he chose his name because it "didn't exist". Anything less boring than this?

Okay, my own story is really geeky. Let's start off at the beginning:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a Jedi Knight named Luke Skywalker. Eventually, after marrying some hot evil assassin chick, he settled down and became a Jedi Master. Hopefully everyone is following me up to this point. So anyways, he's the quitessential Jedi Master, always being...Jedi-Master-y and stuff.

Then, one day, evil bastard aliens from outside the galaxy invade! They're called something like the Yuzhan Vong...crazy dudes, these guys. They totally hate anything technological (read: metal), so they fly around in home-grown ships (basically huge flying coral reefs) and kill stuff, and everyone is happy except for the people that are being horribly slaughtered. So Mr. Skywalker decides it'd be a great idea to stop them, along with the rest of his galaxy.

So they fight, and they get their hindquarters kicked for a while, then they start kicking hindquarter, and everything is as it should be. Then some annoying brats die, and the-poster-soon-to-be-named-"Lord Nyax" is happy, but no-one else is. So Mr. Skywalker and his hot assassin chick wife go to one of the planets that these evil bastard aliens have sequestered and try to kick butt and take names. Unfortunately for them, some crazy dude named Lord Nyax just recently woke up. He's a bit out-of-sorts, seeing as how his mother took apart his brain and body and then put it back together, but everything is pretty happy. He's got Lightsabers in every conceivable place they can fit (elbows, knees, wrists, hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some in...other places), and his mind is a little messed up but he has freakishly awesome powers of the "Force".

So anyways, Mr. Skywalker is putzing around, killing evil bastard aliens and all, and he and his party get tired so they hole up in a building somewhere. All of a sudden, they sense...AN EVIL PRESENSE. They look out the window, and who do they see? OH NO, IT'S LORD NYAX!!! Anywho, Mr. Skywalker, being his arrogant Jedi Mastery self, tries to influence Mr. Nyax via the Force. Surprisingly, Mr. Nyax doesn't like being screwed with so much, so he takes control of Mr. Skywalker's body and tries to fling it out of the window. Luckily for Mr. Skywalker, and unfortunately for the-poster-soon-to-be-named-"Lord Nyax", Mr. Skywalker's party finally gets their act together and saves his pitiful rear from dying.

Lots of stuff happens, and eventually Mr. Nyax manages to take over a 200 story gigantic demolition robot, busts the hell out of an ancient Jedi Temple, and take control of the malevelolent wellspring of Force Power that was buried underneath it. He then proceeds to rip the arms and legs off of just about every evil bastard alien on the entire planet, picks up the whole damn city, and is doing all sorts of awesome stuff. Then some little brat decides that she's gonna be all cool, so she jacks one of the evil bastard alien's little bug-throwy-things and chucks it at Mr. Nyax. Now, in real life (yes, "real life"), Mr. Nyax would realize this was happening and rip the little arrogant brat's arms and legs off and feed them to her, forcefully, but the authors of the book in question need a pretty, happy, pony-filled ending, so Mr. Nyax misses all of this and dies.

Anywho, I chose the name because Lord Nyax is pretty much the only dude to ever shut that arrogant bastard Luke Skywalker up. Eat it, Luke.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
my nickname + age when i started my nic, ffejr22 (- the numbers which werent supported here, replaced by xx)

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
I got mine from FFX. Evrae is the crazy boss you fight while on top of the airship. Every other boss in that game up to that point and every other boss beyond that point, I easily destroyed. But this Evrae was one tough cookie. I had to reset and try again at least have a dozen times before I could finally nail the guy.
The Altana part came from later in the game, where you had to fight Evrae Altana, the undead version of Evrae, in some underwater thingie under Bevelle. Unlike the previous battle, this one was ridiculously easy since all you had to do was toss a Phoenix Down at him and watch him die.
So that's where I got my name from. :rolleyes:

Lord Nyax

Banned
You guys have sucky stories. I put mine in and it was...damn, it's freakin' huge. PUT SOME DAMN EFFORT IN.

EDIT: A quick Google of Evrae's name brings up this little gem. Apparently, Evrae has bad breath? Who knew?

EDIT#2: Until you guys give the real reasons, I'm going to make up my own for you. This'll give you some incentive to MOVE YOUR LAZY BUTTS.

Freet:
Google said:
adj. often used to describe quickness, athleticism or astonishingly good looks of a male of caucasian origin
:rolleyes: Draw your own conclusions...

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
My sn was loosely based off of an early episode of Family Guy in which Tom Tucker says (about the Rhode Island **** Festival) "I don't know why they had to pick such a suggestive name..."

EDIT: Well, the word filter eats a word that they said on TV. Tom was talking about roosters.

Lord Nyax

Banned
My sn was loosely based off of an early episode of Family Guy in which Tom Tucker says (about the Rhode Island **** Festival) "I don't know why they had to pick such a suggestive name..."

EDIT: Well, the word filter eats a word that they said on TV. Tom was talking about roosters.
"They could have just as easily gone with rooster."
Yup, I remember that. Good times. Allright, you're down, another 30,000 forumites to go. Step on up.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
sorry if you think our stories suck, i know a fake story would be more interesting, but i thought you wanted to make a serious thread

yoshiurae

Diabloii.Net Member
Mine is something I read off a book about myths and legends.It was just sitting on the side of the book.I think it might of been the company.

Anumati

Diabloii.Net Member
Mine means assent in sanskrit. Also a goddess. And not in use as a screen name everywhere, like my previous screen name was.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, can't seem to find it though...

Anyway: I like women (duh) and I enjoy playing with the female chars, back in those days I used to watch Buffy a lot (no comment, I like Charmed at the moment, again, I like women, so what can I say?) and at a certain season, she get's a sister, Dawn.

Now, I liked that name somuch, and never heard it before, that I used it in all my character's names (when I made a male one, I tried to implement it as well as atleast part of the name)

So when I finally decided to join these forums, naturally I wanted to use my real nick (Flux, not the Flux here, but irl, in all games and online stuff I've signed up to and even my emails, I'm known as Flux) but sad moment coming, some bastard already took it :mad:

So I had to think of a new name fast, and the only thing I could think of was Dawnmaster (since I was the master of all my Dawn-characters...) and I know it's pretty lame, but the people here know me like that, so I'm not gonna bother Elly to change it (unless Flux is actually becoming available any time soon...)

For the record: I'm at a very low profile atm, just logging in at bnet to keep my chars alive, and try a few moves so I don't lose my touch, but the Dawn names still linger from time to time if I have to make up a name fast :wink3:

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Longhorn = team mascot of the University of Texas, the university that I am currently attending.

Rob = short for Robbie, my name.

Pretty simple, I must say.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I'm sure I've said it before somewhere, can't seem to find it though...

Anyway: I like women (duh) and I enjoy playing with the female chars, back in those days I used to watch Buffy a lot (no comment, I like Charmed at the moment, again, I like women, so what can I say?) and at a certain season, she get's a sister, Dawn.

Now, I liked that name somuch, and never heard it before, that I used it in all my character's names (when I made a male one, I tried to implement it as well as atleast part of the name)
Please tell me it was only the name you liked.