The Official Nightfish Untwinked Hardcore FE Mod Group(Or ONUHFEMG)

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
The Official Nightfish Untwinked Hardcore FE Mod Group(Or ONUHFEMG)

I figured I'd start an official thread for the group. Original thread can be found here and the start of the group can be found in the thread on about page... eh... five? Well the actual discussion of the group specifics started on about page three of the thread.

The group consists of:
1) Nightfish
2) Serdash
3) Kresida
4) Sint Nikolaas
5) DX-Crawler
6) LowLander
7) Lucky_Seven
8) Farting_Bob
9) Snuva
10) Zavior
11) Shermo

Our current setup is to try and get the original 8 into a single game. If someone can't make it, the last three can attempt to join in the fun.

Our recent adventures started with Nightfish hosting. The connection was wonderful! Most of us were keeping around 200 ping and a great frame rate. We even had a full game! Things were turning out better than the 2-4 people that we expected. Blood Moor and the Den of Evil were a breeze as usual. We had some small lag spikes here and there, but nothing your normal MP game doesn't have.

Then we got to the cold plains. Upon entering and getting around, we were hitting crazy ping amounts. Up in the 4000 range. Eventually we toughed it out and dropped Blood Raven and cleared out the Mausoleum and the Crypt. Nobody died, and everyone was a decent level. We did have one person drop out, and upon dropping, lost about 3 or 4 levels. But I think they eventually caught back up.

We then tried hosting with farting_bob. Things ran slightly smoother than on Nightfish's connection. Things were definately getting better. We still had some lag problems, but nowhere as bad as before. The Stony Field, Underground Passage, and Dark Wood were a breeze. We went and rescued Cain and everything! Then we got into town...

And all hell broke loose. We got some wonderful lag. So after bob got the game back up and we all got back in, it looks like everybody but farting_bob and one or two others had some issues with not retaining the completed Cain quest. We went ahead and finished that and called it a day. So far everyone is dragging along and we're working everything out still.

Finds So Far:
Hsaru's Iron Fist Buckler(From Treehead Woodfist)

Well it looks like this is going to be a lot of fun. This our official thread where everyone can state how they felt about the game we played, or what could've been done. We can discuss items we have, gear, show off rares, whatever basically. It's also a good place to chronicle our adventures for the rest of the forum to read.

Now let us just hope we can all make it to Guardian. ;)

EDIT: I think it might be a good idea if we each made a post of what kind of builds we chose, why, and how we plan to progress them as the game goes on. It'll give non-group people an idea of what kind of stuff we're trying. I'll post mine after someone else does so I don't have a double post.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Good going for our official thread, dashy. :)

I'll just introduce my char real quick and then I'm really off to bed. Meet Terra the Sorceress: Right now she's level 13 and got points in static field and Nova. And of course one in warmth, just because. In the long run she'll max static field, nova and lightning mastery. Excess points will go to warmth or energy shield/telekinesis, depending on how much the paladin's aura helps her mana. Gear-wise she's aiming for a Rhyme Tower Shield for 75% block and probably a 3-4 Ort armour for nightmare and hell.

LowLander

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, Ser!

I went with a PD (Maul) werebear.

It should provide:

-Good tank
-Decent damage.
=Oak sage. (Tank and life)
-Grizzly.(Good tank)
=Shockwave (Alternative crowd control )

First session was a bit chaotic. Took a while to get a party, and after that people were all over the place. I lost the party numerous times due to me=N00B.

Lvl 13 now, one in Oak Sage, rest going towards the Lyc/Shapeshift tree.

I like the name serdash!
Anyway, i accidently got a merc, but she died shortly after, so no big deal.
As for my build the plan is a typical poisonmancer. all 3 posion skills maxed, main killing skill is Pnova, with some CE, decrep and as much bone armor as i can for safety. If i find marrows then even better.
He should be pretty safe if i stay slightly behind the melee'ers, but in range so that nova hits most things. I predict the biggest problem being the melee'ers getting swamped and then me being in trouble, oh and gloams of course.
Which aura is the pally going to be using mainly? just out of interest.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Well my Paladin is a medic, so you'd probably think he's going to have prayer active all the time.

That's wrong.

His main aura will be Meditation. This provides Mana Regen and Life Replenish for the entire party. Thus making it very easy to recover from things like poison.

When needed he'll switch to cleansing. He'll utilize Holy Bolt against undead and Fist of Heavans against anything else. FBob if you wouldn't mind, a point in Lower Resist might actually make me useful in late nightmare. :p

My build is planned to Max out Prayer early on, then keep Cleansing/Meditation constantly active. I'll cast holy bolt on anything undead and use it on allies that are low on health. FoH will be utilized when we come up on things and I'm just kind of doing nothing better than standing around.

Well if your not using conviction then i'll be wanting some points in LR for myself as well, so thats fine.
And 25 life every 2 seconds, with uber mana recovery sounds like fun to me. :thumbsup:

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice to see it worked out :)
I think I'll go with a firesorc then (FW/static) to remember the old sorc days. I can level upto 13 by my own, luckily you guys didn't go too far :p

When is next session?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Sint Nikolaas said:
Nice to see it worked out :)
I think I'll go with a firesorc then (FW/static) to remember the old sorc days. I can level upto 13 by my own, luckily you guys didn't go too far :p

When is next session?
Next session is next Thursday, same time as today.

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah dashy, I just read the other thread..

Nightfish said:
Short progress update for Sint: We rescued cain and everybody reached level 13. If you need company in catching up, drop me a PM. I'm available pretty much always on the weekend.
Thanks, I think I'll come online tomorrow evening or else sunday :)

Next session is scheduled in exactly one week, on thursday 21th, at 19:00. (GMT+1)
... man.. I thought we would set this thing on tuesday or wednesday.. thrudays aren't the best nights for me. I'm not sure but I probably can't make it next week on thursday either :rolleyes: If I miss two sessions, it might be best if I stop running. Following in your guys footpath's isn't only annoying for me, but also for you... so..

Lucky_Seven

Diabloii.Net Member
Good game last night :D

My Char is GandaUrso it means Big Bear in Portuguese and is a Fire Claws Werebear Cl13.

My Plans:
10 Lycantropie
1 Werewolf
1 Feral Rage
1 Maul
20 Fire Claws
20 Fire Claws Synergie
20 Fire Claws Synergie
10+ in Oak Sage
1 Grizzly Maybe later if he could enter hell

LowLander i think you could use Heart of Wolverine +Physical Damage +AR for party and I use Oak Sage, cause my damage isn't Physical and i have no use to HoW.

My "Dream" is a 6 Socket Shael Phase Blade :) and Rhyme Shield.

1) Nightfish Nova Sorc - Cold Damage
2) Serdash - Medic Paladin - Magic?/ Undead Damage
3) Kresida ?
4) Sint Nikolaas FW Sorc - Fire Damage
5) DX-Crawler ?
6) LowLander - Maul WereBear - Physical Damage
7) Lucky_Seven - Fire Claws WereBeer - Fire Damage
8) Farting_Bob Poison Mancer - Poison Damage

FB Lower Resist's is nice with all the Elemental damage we can deliver :D.

We need a leader and best option is one of the tanks in walk mode, we have a 1 zon and FoH Paladin that can take down the shamens and ranged attackers from behind, and 2 chars that stay near the battle Poison Mancer and Nova Sorc giving Support.

And never Forget "Don't Run with Sharp Objects in your hand" :)

Snuva

Diabloii.Net Member
The game was a lot of fun and apparently I'll be able to join the party for good (as Sint Nikolaas is dropping out).

My char is Sayako the martial artist assassin, lvl 13. I was thinking of these skills:

20 Blades of Ice
20 Phoenix Strike
20 Claws of Thunder
20 fade
5+ Weapon Block
1 Mind Blast
1+ Cloak of Shadows
1 Dragon Flight

Lucky_Seven nova is lightning damage as you probably know :)

kresida

Diabloii.Net Member
My character is Kaisha and she will hopefully become what is called a Mageazon..The basic build will be something like this:

10 Cold Arrow
20 Freezing Arrow
20 Exploding Arrow
20 Immolation Arrow
Rest divided between Dodge, Avoid, Evade, Pierce and prereqs.
I may put some points in Valkyrie as well if we feel the need for it.

My biggest problem will be mana/leeching, but with a Meditation (wondrous skill) paladin maybe that will not matter much..A great advantage will be that this build is not heavily gear-dependant, that is a bonus when going untwinked..Hopefully I will be able to find stuff with IAS, elemental damage and mana leech.

I'm playing this build for the first time so any suggestions for the build are extremely welcome..

LowLander

Diabloii.Net Member
L7, I never used HoW, it sounds OK. OS is prereq anyhow, so my one point in it doesn't matter. Good point!

shermo

Diabloii.Net Member
damn, you guys have stolen all my ideas!

I've levelled up a magezon and a Fireclaws bear and was going to use whichever one fitted in best but it looks like you've got both of them covered.

It looks like you've got an opening there for a barb though - but who wants to play an untwinked barb :scratch:

Had a great time last night good game I must say, some lag but I guess we have to live with it.

Good call with a new thread Dashy, read the other thread and I agree on everything you said. The most important is to get a leader and that everybody stay close to him. If that works out then the rest will go well.
The leader would preferebly be a Meleecharacter, maybe one of the bears, the Medic would probably not be a good idea using in the front :D

Playing a druid hunter is rather fun and safe. Not sure about my build yet but I will use HoW for spirit to get up AR and damage.
Eventually I will pick up a bow to increase the damage and I will probably put points in Cyclone Armor for safety. Never know when gloams comes up and fry you. Well that's how far I have planned with mine. I usually don't plan my characters I plan as I move along. It's more fun that way

DX

Sint Nikolaas

Diabloii.Net Member
Snuva said:
The game was a lot of fun and apparently I'll be able to join the party for good (as Sint Nikolaas is dropping out).
... uh.. I won't comment on that. Don't sell the hide.. huh

LowLander

Diabloii.Net Member
shermo said:
damn, you guys have stolen all my ideas!

I've levelled up a magezon and a Fireclaws bear and was going to use whichever one fitted in best but it looks like you've got both of them covered.

It looks like you've got an opening there for a barb though - but who wants to play an untwinked barb :scratch:
I picked up a blue barb mask-thingy.... :)

Not sure I'd want my bear in the lead.
I'm very likely the least experienced player in the group....

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Sint Nikolaas said:
... man.. I thought we would set this thing on tuesday or wednesday.. thrudays aren't the best nights for me. I'm not sure but I probably can't make it next week on thursday either :rolleyes: If I miss two sessions, it might be best if I stop running. Following in your guys footpath's isn't only annoying for me, but also for you... so..
Well I think Wednesdays are bad for me and Fishy. I don't know how everyone feels about doing it on a Tuesday though.

Is it the time on Thursday that gets you? Or is it just Thursday in general?
I'm sure we could probably get something worked out.

My least relaible days are tuesday and wendesday, and sundays are often unavailable in the evening. Any other day the odds are i'll be here given a day or 2 notice. :thumbsup:
How about mondays as well? n-one mentioned them so far, and it'll help reliive stress after a crappy monday at work for everyone.

LowLander

Diabloii.Net Member
Monday's Tae-Bo. I can join at about 20:00 (CET, is GMT+1) earliest .

Though the TB relieves much stress on it's own....