Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Official Dueling Thread.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shaigon, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

The Official Dueling Thread.

Well everyone, here is the official dueling thread:D
    After getting input from fellow forum members and pvper's, it's time to put this thread up!

Here is how it will work.
    1. You post a game IP adress, or ask if anyone is hosting at the present time.
    2. You state what level your character is, and what level character you are looking to duel.
    3. You state the type of character you are using.
    4. You enter the game, follow the rules, and have fun!!:)

Here are the rules for this thread, taken from Liquid_evil. (Thanks for that bud)

GENERAL RULES

-No use of any bugged, hacked, or duped items.
    -Please try to be polite.
    -No slow items are allowed for Physical Attackers. (Cleglaws, Blackhorns, etc)For example a necromancer or sorceress may use a Blackhorns face as a source of lightning absorb if they choose to.
    -Items that give Knockback (KB) are not allowed on any character class. Skills that have KB such as charge, smite, leap attack are OK to use.
    -No potions, wells, shrines, mercenaries.
    -No minions allowed which cannot be summoned in town (no Revives for the Necromancer). Decoy is OK to use.
    -Only 1 Absorb item per Elemental Damage. You can not use 2 lightsabres or 2 Ravenfrosts.
    -Poison Damage is limited to 200 poison damage from items per player. Characters are not bound by the 200 rule when skills are involved (Venom, Poison nova) (For VLLD and LLD keep to poison to none, or below 50)
    -You cannot use the charges of a charged item. Items with % chance to cast amplify damage or iron maiden are not allowed.
    -No .08 vita items. This includes Arkaines Valor, Harlequin Crest Shako, Baranars Star, and Gerkes Sanctuary.
    -Duelers MAY use items that grant a skill of their own class.
    For example, a paladin may use a runeword that grants fanaticism while using another aura.
    -Items that grant auras may be used with the exception of Holy Freeze
    -Rising Sun Amulet is banned.
    -Marrowalk boots equipped on Necromancers is banned.

TEAM DUEL RULES
    -Matches do not begin until both parties have clearly signified their readiness.
    -Leaving the Blood Moor is a loss, except for a Barbarian party that wants to pre-buff w/ Battle Order, but you may only get this once. If it times out, too bad.
    -In a Team duel, when you die stay in town until the duel is over.
    -Holy Bolt/Medic Paladins cannot be used.

FRW CAPS
    -ASSASSINS may use a maximum of 45% runwalk from items/gear+ any level BURST OF SPEED **OR** they may use 110% runwalk from items/gear but may not use BURST OF SPEED.
    -AMAZONS may use a maximum of 90% total runwalk from items/gear.
    -SORCERESS may have a maximum of 90% runwalk from items/gear.
    -NECROMANCERS may use a maximum of 90% runwalk from items/gear.
    -PALADINS may have a maximum of 75% runwalk + any level VIGOR or CHARGE **OR** may use 110% runwalk from items/gear but no VIGOR or CHARGE.
    -BARBARIANS may use a maximum of 75% runwalk from items/gear + any level INCREASED SPEED **OR** FRENZY or 110% runwalk from items/gear but not the use of INCREASED SPEED or FRENZY.
    -DRUIDS may use a maximum of 110% runwalk from items/gear (no limits on Feral).

BANNED SKILLS
    Decrepify
    Bone Prison
    Teleport
    Blaze
    Holy Freeze
    Holy Bolt
    Concentrate and Blessed Hammer at the same time

Those are some rules for you guys to follow by, I adjested them a tad, but they will still work fine. They do not seem extreme to me in any way, so as long as everyone plays fair, and has a good time, this should be worth while!:)

Enjoy!

-Shai

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

They are indeed very fair, good and easily remembered.

I still miss the rule about illegitimate quest rewards (like level 9's with resist scrolls and multiple skill rewards).

3. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Teleport is banned? (Stupid rule)
    Not many sorc duelers I guess.

4. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Yes, Teleport is banned.
    As said in my other thread, sorcs can run away from people just like any other character. Fair rule if you ask me.

5. csarmi

csarmi Banned

charms should be banned as well

6. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Well, banning charms might be a little steep.
    I mean, maybe for heavy pvpers or something, but just for fun, friendly dueling, I don't really think it is necessary.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

if i read that correct you arent allowed fishymancers as they cant get monsters from town or mercs so effectivly cannot do anything, and cant use decrep or bone prison.
    other rules as well are very unfriendly to builds. what if we ask the opponant to allow time to get armies or both sides alow merc, woudl that be acceptable?
    this just seems way to unfriendly to necros.

8. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Bob:
    Fishymancers aren't ment for PvP and when they do duel it creates a very unfair advantage for the necromancer, have 10+ other targets and damage sorces makes it very hard if not impossible for a lot of chars to even get with in range to kill the necro.

Elvish

Edit: Even without fishmancers necros still are a big PvP contender, with out hammerdins in the running that leaves necros and wind druids as the 2 harder classes, and without anyone being able to teleport necros have an edge from such high damage spells (A good bone or posion mancer can kill 90% of the duelests out there)

9. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

The rules stick.
    No mercs, no revives that involve using corpes and what not.

I don't see anything unfair about this. Sure Fishmancers are out of the question, but there are still tons of necro builds that dominate pvp.

10. BubbleTough

BubbleTough IncGamers Member

[email protected] Shaigon. If someone has a dispute over the rules, voice it, and allow someone to give a little explanation.

The no corpse summonable minions has been a rule as long as I've been on these forums. Most of these rules have been here, even on b.net, and some of them have just been tweaked to fit 1.10.

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

im pretty much against restricting skills/items/mercs etc to be honest

it´s in the game - it should be allowed

if some char/skill/item is overpowered then you should adapt your character so it can handle it. For example light trapsins are very strong pvpers now and to have a chance against a wellbuild lightsin you need lots of res/absorb.

but offcourse i do realize why rules like these are needed. Some builds are just to overpowered and to hard to counter

the rules seems fair and doesn´t rule out to many builds.

Though i think teleport should be allowed for sorcs though...

12. csarmi

csarmi Banned

Fisyhmancers's - what about it:

They can summon up an initial army and that's all. That'd sure be a fair fight :)

I am for sorceress using teleport - not afraid of them, just need to concentrate. Remember, they have a finte mana pool.

But I am all against anybody using skills which are not their own. No items with charges, items with chance to cast xxx on strike, etc.

13. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Some good points.
    But as I stated before..sorcs are allowed to have run walk just like any other character, they can run from other enemies just like everyone else has to. And considering the use of Teleport from Enigma is banned as well, this means no other chars can tele either, sounds fair to me at least..

I mean, after we have some more testing and what not, the rules can be altered of course if things turn into big problems and such.

Remember, we are just trying to have fun:)

14. MrNiceGuyCRB

MrNiceGuyCRB IncGamers Member

I'd rather not have the caps on the FR/W and see barbs with max increased speed, and higher fr/w breakpoints match up to a sorc with tele.. it seems all the caps will make the whole dueling experience a lot slower...

15. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

Yes, just reading through that myself I noticed that, hm.
    FROM HERE ON THERE ARE NO RUN WALK LIMITS FOR ANY CHARACTERS, YOU MAY HAVE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT

16. BubbleTough

You have good points SnakeEye, but be realistic here. Decrepify will kill any melee character, unless a character has teleport there is practically no way for them to defend against teleport, Bone Prison is no longer targeted by a Necro's spells, there is nothing to stop a Necro from keeping you in a prison and you watching as you helplessly squirm while being pelted with a BS, Blaze is banned because it creates lag, Holy Bolt is banned because you can heal your team members, Blessed Hammer and Concentrate are banned because everyone knows the sheer cheesiness of a BH/Concetrate.

With the FRW caps, and the overhaul some of the builds and skills have had, the banning of certain skills are neccessary.

Also it is Player versus Player, not Merc versus Merc ;) .

Csarmi, let's say you are participating in a PvP tourney, and everyone else has to wait for 15 minutes as you round up minions, then let's say your minions die, then we have to listen to you whine because you lost all of your minions and it is unfair ;) . Not to mention the amount of lag a skellymancer would create in a crowded PvP game.

The main purpose the FRW caps are there is to make lag/desynch easier to manage.

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i agree, if its your skill, youshould be able to use it. the opponant will know beforehand what build you have and so someone could see a popular PvP build and then develop there counter-build for it. however, using skills that dont belong to you shoudlnt be allowed and buggy things like marrowalk boots shouldnt be allowed.
    and teleport is fine, sure they could run away, but thats not an ezcuse for disallowing it. its liek sayign no zeal because you can just attack the opponant 5 normal times in a row instead. sure, it increases the chance that a sorc will be able to aviod timered attacks, some ranged attacks, but ifyou dothat then you have to ban sins burst of speed, pallys charge and barbs increased speed since that will alow them to avoid your attacks or make there own attacks better,

18. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

I am being realistic!!

i said i don´t like the ide of restricting some chars skills or some items etc, cause you should have to adapt your character so he/she can handle it

but i also said that i do realize that in some cases this is not possible and that some builds need to be toned down a bit by some rules!

19. BubbleTough

Sorry if it seemed like I attacked you SnakeEye :( . I didn't mean it so harshly, just thought I would give an explanation of where the rules are coming from :) . If you took it the wrong way I apologize.

I will post what I did in the other thread:

A lot of these rules were agreed upon by members of the other place and the SPTN, a lot of them doing PvP for a long time.

Of course it will take some play testing and until then, nothing is definate :) .

20. csarmi

csarmi Banned

What about blessed hammaer and concentrate? Please enlighten me.