The offical 99 has been hit!

Deceit

Diabloii.Net Member
The offical 99 has been hit!

US West has a Winner
Thursday, August 26, 2004

From the lofty stronghold of the Arreat Summit arises the first hero to achieve glory in the realms of Sanctuary. Congratulations to Matriarch Tifas-Revenge as she is the very first registered Diablo II character to reach level 99 on the US West Realm. For becoming the very first character to reach Level 99 on the Realm, her alter ego will receive the prizes listed here, in our "When Worlds Collide" contest.

So far, only the US West Realm prize pack has been claimed, which leaves the US East, Asia 1-3 and Europe prize packs up for grabs. Stay tuned for further contest updates!

www.blizzard.com :creep:

Now.... I'm gonna leave this time! For reals though >_> :flip:

Jyde

Diabloii.Net Member
Oooh... congratulations to whoever you are :) Can we get that person to make an appearance here? It'll be cool to ask them how they did it and how much sleep they got in between doing so.

raphiel20

Diabloii.Net Member
firstly congrats for the 99 :thumbsup: (now if only they were here to hear that :lol: )
been afew days since i've been on D2 (so may be old news) but europes 99 sc has been hit as well :)

l8rs :howdy:

raph

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Jyde said:
Oooh... congratulations to whoever you are :) Can we get that person to make an appearance here? It'll be cool to ask them how they did it and how much sleep they got in between doing so.
Tifas is a regular at the B.net forums, and afaik has no acc here. If you want the first europe lvl 99 to make an appearance, well, be happy, one of the 13 Etf'ers just did :p

HoD

Tifas-Revenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Just missed my 10th year anniversary. I posted something over on GameFAQs for those of you who wonder how it was done to get to level 99 back in the summer of 2004. It was NOT easy, I will tell you that. I died 2 times and nini-light had passed me and was the true winner, but was unregistered with her email address. Just a quick reply/10-year retrospective to this thread:

1. Every day, from July 4th to August 27th, my sister's birthday, I got between 2-6 hours of sleep, it was gruelling!!!
2. a. Fast Baal Runs (faster than 3 minutes per game) before the "Realm Down" patch then b. pre-summoned Diablo + Baal Runs. killing Baal and Diablo themselves was the only way you could easily get EXP at level 98 because they were the only monster level 99 at the time besides the Ubers, which needed a smite paladin back in those pre-1.12 days. (What was funny was you could actually create a classic Diablo 2 account and get to Act 5 via an exploiter/hacker via Ubers in those days, but your classic accounts ran the risk of being either converted to expansion or banned by bnet.)
3. Shrining. Go to Act 1, find an experience shrine by teleporting all around and looking for one. Once the group is ready to kill Baal, I go back to Act 1 and get the EXP shrine, kill Diablo (if applicable), and stay away from Baal's cursing range if possible. One of my friends named Chase from XI and EMF clans used a hammerdin to clear out CS and we used Teamspeak 2 to coordinate everything.
4. Lingering - This technique is known to most high-level Baalers, but in other words, you just have one person wait until Baal enters the Worldstone Chamber and then 3 people (including myself) kill Baal. By now, The lower 4 levellers in the baaling group are already in the next game. I've actually used 2 accounts to do this, but it's so darn hard when you get 2 hours of sleep to concentrate.
5. I used a second sorc as a sacrificial lamb to teleport for me mostly, Aeris-Revenge (She was named appropriately after her FF7 counter-part, although in retrospect, I think Tifas-Revenge could have easily been a Javazon if the game was still v1.09! There were so much differences in the two versions 1.09 and 1.10!)
6. Ondals Wisdom +4 and Anni Charms multiplied the base experience gain by 60%. Hellfire torches weren't out yet since it was still 1.10.
7. I cloud not have done it without teamwork and friends. I thank all those who played with me back in 2004, and if anyone remembers me, shout out! :)

- Tifas-Revenge

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I remember reading your account on some other site a couple of times over the years. Congrats

Tifas-Revenge

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks all, albeit now approaching 14 years since the run. If anyone else has any questions feel free to ask.

After D2 I did some let’s plays (Account NeoTifasRevenge), and unfortunately succumbed to my chronic illness which nailed me in the middle of Lord of the Rings on DOS. I’m now working in military IT in Southern CA and have done a lot with my life, both gaming and IRL. I’m mostly playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper now as my main game and it’s quite pricey to be good at the game even though it’s essentially free to play.

That being said, I gave Diablo 3 a try but never caught onto it as much as D2. I even posted a negative review on GameFAQs because Blizzard had dropped the ball with the game early on. I’ve heard it’s gotten exceptionally better since then (2011?) and watched a few people play, but I just didn’t catch on because it seems like character builds were a little too generic and capped at level 60 (too easy to reach) vs. varied and GG gear equals god mode. With no PvP day one and Real money auctions ruining the game, I left.

Now mind you, the game I’ve heard and seen has gotten a heck of a lot better, especially after the expansion pack. Ironically, that was also true of D2, it got exceptionally better once LoD came out with patch 1.10 so who knows? I still have the cd key and an old Wizard account so I may come back to the community if it’s gotten better. I might surprise you guys again in the future eh?

Peace out,

Tifas-Revenge

mackons

Diabloii.Net Member
Just missed my 10th year anniversary. I posted something over on GameFAQs for those of you who wonder how it was done to get to level 99 back in the summer of 2004. It was NOT easy, I will tell you that. I died 2 times and nini-light had passed me and was the true winner, but was unregistered with her email address. Just a quick reply/10-year retrospective to this thread:

1. Every day, from July 4th to August 27th, my sister's birthday, I got between 2-6 hours of sleep, it was gruelling!!!
2. a. Fast Baal Runs (faster than 3 minutes per game) before the "Realm Down" patch then b. pre-summoned Diablo + Baal Runs. killing Baal and Diablo themselves was the only way you could easily get EXP at level 98 because they were the only monster level 99 at the time besides the Ubers, which needed a smite paladin back in those pre-1.12 days. (What was funny was you could actually create a classic Diablo 2 account and get to Act 5 via an exploiter/hacker via Ubers in those days, but your classic accounts ran the risk of being either converted to expansion or banned by bnet.)
3. Shrining. Go to Act 1, find an experience shrine by teleporting all around and looking for one. Once the group is ready to kill Baal, I go back to Act 1 and get the EXP shrine, kill Diablo (if applicable), and stay away from Baal's cursing range if possible. One of my friends named Chase from XI and EMF clans used a hammerdin to clear out CS and we used Teamspeak 2 to coordinate everything.
4. Lingering - This technique is known to most high-level Baalers, but in other words, you just have one person wait until Baal enters the Worldstone Chamber and then 3 people (including myself) kill Baal. By now, The lower 4 levellers in the baaling group are already in the next game. I've actually used 2 accounts to do this, but it's so darn hard when you get 2 hours of sleep to concentrate.
5. I used a second sorc as a sacrificial lamb to teleport for me mostly, Aeris-Revenge (She was named appropriately after her FF7 counter-part, although in retrospect, I think Tifas-Revenge could have easily been a Javazon if the game was still v1.09! There were so much differences in the two versions 1.09 and 1.10!)
6. Ondals Wisdom +4 and Anni Charms multiplied the base experience gain by 60%. Hellfire torches weren't out yet since it was still 1.10.
7. I cloud not have done it without teamwork and friends. I thank all those who played with me back in 2004, and if anyone remembers me, shout out! :)

- Tifas-Revenge
hey john man i haven talk to u in long time i rember u from 1,10 ladder and the 1.12 ladder me u reperofdeath demonic pure lancealot tipbit we all join the same baal runs i use to hang in op vala and so i still hang out with other people that new u rigt now demonic and the gang from op vala quit d2 so i hope to here from u again