Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Necro Killer

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Kodachi_ysaane, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

The Necro Killer

Hello, recently I have been plagued by what seems an onsluaght of good necromancers slaughtering everyone. They seem to be the bane of every class, holding slow, anti-melee armor, teleport, and the most powerful attacks in the game. PVP assassins are the whole reason I play d2, and recently I was thinking about a build that can potentiolly slaughter a good necromancer... But I also need some critisism.

First off, the items this build would probobly use:

Helm - Shako (cham)
    Armor - Enigma
    Ammulet - Maras/duped assassin amulet
    Boots - Shadow Dancers
    Gloves - Draculs Grasp/Trang Ouls
    Rings - 2x carrion wind (read why later)
    Belt - Verdangos
    Weapons - Doom war spike/2x zod bug tucs
    Shield - Stormshield

Now as you see I plan to use 2x carrion wind rings. Yes, that is correct. I would stake this build on being able to stun the necro, and kick him rendering him unable to teleport away or counterattack. Doom would definatly help this cause, but i a still unsure if claw/claw would be better for block. Also, 2x carrion wind would have a very high chance to cast hurricane which would stun the necro, along wth volcano from doom.
    To decide wheether to use doom or 2x claws, I would first need to know the answers to the following questions.

Does holy freeze give enemy a slower fhr animation??
    Does holy freeze give enemy a slower fcr animation??
    Does holy freeze give enemy a slower block animation??

If the answer is yes, then i would definatly go for doom, if not then claw/claw is the way to go.

Next up, is skill points:

x20 Dragon talon
    x20 Venom
    x20 claw block/x20 shadow master (serves as Bone spirit bait.
    x20 Mind blast
    x1 WoF
    x1 LS

You may be asking, WHY MAX MB!!!
    First off, the higher level MB, the longer the swirly animation stays... basically longer swirly means a longer time volcano/kick/trap/tornado will stunlock enemy.
    In best case scenario, I would definatly use 10x shadows w/ life and annihulus to pump
    (1) Shadow master
    (2) Claw Block
    (3) Venom
    (4) Mind Blast

To fight Necromancers, I would generally play the cat and mouse game trying to stunlock him with WoF + LS. Once he is stunned, I would fortify the traplock with 5 wof's, MB one more time, the dragon flight in and kick to kingdom come. Remember, this is easier said than done. Hopefully, the 2 frame kicks, and other distractions will cause the necromancer enough interference from FHR to keep him in his place, and unable to move until death.

Please post your opinions to Kodachi's Necro Killer.

2. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Pretty well put, i would stress the use of Dragon Flight as another helpful tool. Knowing you can hurt and get closer to your enemy. I like the idea of Doom to slow however this would only be effective versus Runner-ups, casting and such would not be affected. Having sure that Weapon Block is very good for Necromancer slaying with the right amount of Faster R/W this would definatly kill. Good tips.

[email protected]~

3. abaddon

abaddon IncGamers Member

Necros always have this nasty bone shield on them. With the bugged synergie on those stupid boots it takes long long time to break it ... So my opinion is that the best weapons vs necros are chaos claw and um-azurewrath beacause of the magic, cold dmg and open wounds which are penetrating through the bone armor.

About your other questions: I am sure that the fcr is not affected by the freeze, dont know bout the others

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

YES, azurewrath for sure with your 2fpa kicks, thats a ton of magic damage!
    give them in return of what they give you!!

I would also recommend upgrade gore riders, for the crushing blow, open wounds, deadly strike.

also for magic damage, you can try out
    ghostflame (the ethereal unique legend spike with 108 magic damage)
    or
    Astreon's Iron Ward (unique Caduceus with 80-240 Magic Damage)

5. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

My Mageslayer build (guide is stickied) has been fairly effective against necros. Why? Weapon Block. My making a c/s build, you are giving up the one advantage that assassins and only assassins have against necros - Weapon Block will block their attacks. With your shield, you cannot block their attacks. Your PDR doesn't help either since you are facing magical attacks. What I can't figure out is why you are maxing Weapon Block if you are going to use a shield.

Since most necros teleport, holy freeze is not going to help you much.

The MB/stun lock tactic sounds good except that it will be difficult to do this without getting killed. The times I have been successful against necros, it seems to be the quick kill that makes the difference. If I hit hard and fast, I can often win. However, if they escape my initial attacks, it gets much harder.

While you are trying to stunlock, a good necro will be spamming teeth and various bone spells. When hit, you will go into hit recovery and your attack will be distrupted. Thus, I doubt that stunlock will be viable against good necros - they know how to keep you out of range.

6. Kodachi_ysaane

Kodachi_ysaane Banned

I said max claw block only if you are going claw/claw... and in my experience with my whirlwind assassin, the only time I have actually had a good fight vs. necros is WHEN i get them traplocked. Also, teeth will definatly NOT make you go into fhr unless it does 1/12 your total life, which would mean they would need about a 250+ pvp damage teeth. The reason you seem you go into fhr so often is because claw block blocks at 5 frames, VERY slow. Also, to get past the bone shield, there is maxed venom, open wounds from dracs, and 10 shadow skilers to icnrease venom output. All i really want to know is what elements of the opponent does holy freeze slow.
    If it does slow fhr and block rate, imagine how hard it would be for a necro to escape that traplock, and when traps are down, you are kicking him putting him into lock with (a) kicks, (b) volcano, and (c) tornado. Basically a traplock would insure victory.

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

it is not hard to outrun bone spirit, and easy to dodge bone spear with an assassin
    and bonewall, even without enigma is just dragon flight....
    also I forgot about the claw/claw block o_O and since chaos already has magic damage, think about having two, double the magic damage on your kicks.
    also if you decide to use a shield verse a necro, stormshield won't help much because pdr doesn't matter, so use sanctuary with the slow missile charges, that guarentees a dead necro.

8. keanu

keanu IncGamers Member

get a trapper with a lotta frw and fhr, get a Crescent Moon sword, 4*5/5 facet armor, 4*5/5 facet monarch
    and fill urself with trap skillers..
    the chance of finding a necro that has stacked resis and adsorb are very little, so u got a good chance of killing em

9. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

No point having two chaos claws, since only the first claw's elemental and/or magic damage gets transferred to kicks (the assassin 1.10 FAQ in the strat compendium has a list of exactly what gets transferred to kicks). Use claws with passive boosts to resists, stats, or skills on the second hand.

-FF