Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The most viable solo Baal runner?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Azha, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Azha

Azha IncGamers Member

The most viable solo Baal runner?

Hi.
    As the posts are gone, I couldn't get enough information to build my new sorc and need your help.

I'm thinking of building a solo hell Baal runner. I already have 2 sorc, lvl 83 FO/Meteor and lvl 89 pure Blizard. The former is not really good as her stats is totally messed up (tooooo many points into ENE, too few dex/vit... yuck). Blizzard sorc is doing quite good, except the 2nd wave of Baal's minion. She and her merc are killed by those crappy skellies the way too often. Single element sorc might be not really good for hell baal run I guess...

What build/stats allocation/gear do you think is the best solo hell Baal runner? Is CL or CB/FO good? I'm afraid meteor/FO is not the best skills for Baal's minion in terms of mass killing speed. The best solo baal runner here should kill Baal's minions / Baal with ease, and quickly, and have more than 300 MF and nearly max resist. (As I have lvl 90 trapsin and she has max resist/450+ MF and do Baal runs really quick without dying once, just that she doesn't have tele..) Please leave out Chain of Honor / Enigma for gear reccomendation, as I can not afford them. (I can afford almost all uniques)

Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

2. Anaram

Anaram IncGamers Member

In short: hammerdin or a bliz sorc gets my vote. If your merc keeps dying to the skellies, his equipment is somehow wrong. Gladiator's bane is a cheap and relatively inexpensive merc armor. Reaper's toll serves as the weapon. Pick his helm depending on your taste.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Mhm, though you dont want to include Meteor/FO for suggestion, all i can say is that my Meteorb Sorc can solo Baal nicely with her Merc. Speed is not as fast as Blizzard, but its fine.

If i happen to meet some FI/CI monster my merc makes slices out of them and if he needs help i use Telekinsis to stun them. telekinesis is a wodnerful tool for such things 8)

For Solo Hell Act5 i'd recommend to get full-resists and if possible max block aswell. Or you go energy Shield with telekinsis and full-resists.

The Meteorb build from sasja ia a very nice Baal-Hell runner. I hope she will repost that build soon. I made the max-block version with these stats and gear:

str: 97 (with items, base is 95 or 90) enough just for equipment (skullerds)
    dex: enough for maxblock with your chosen shield (visceratuant with pdiamond here)
    vit: ALL ELSE
    mana: BASE 8)

max fireball
    max meteor
    max fire mastery

max fo
    rest into CM and a few in firebolt.

equipment: right now i am using full tal's set with visceratuant and some small mana/life sc charms and some nice rare boots and raven frost. but this setup works just as fine:

Wizard spike (with this only you get max resist, oculus is an option, but will downgrade your resists some, HotO would be nice, but thats hard to get :p)
    Blocking shield of your choice.
    Shako
    Mara's Kaleidskop
    Vipermagi/Skullders
    Arachnid Mesh/Glooms trap
    Raven Frost/
    Mage Fist/Frostburn/Chance guards
    rare boots with mf/resists/faster/run7walk

switch: gull or alibaba and rhyme runeword in a grim shield

Merc: act2, might is nice for bosskillers, def or holy freeze are pretty equal. get your merc some DR lifeleech items like shaft/gaze/steelskull and a decent weapon like bonehew/reapers toll/tombreaver.

This way combined with telekinsis he can get rid of pesky double immunes.

Hope this helps.

with these items your blizzard build should work too. When your merc has good equipment he can kill those CI skellies fast enough without dying.

4. Azha

Azha IncGamers Member

Thank you for your advice Anaram & Melianor :)

As to merc I really don't know why he dies so often.. he (act2 def merc) is lvl 90 atm and wear Reaper's / Leviathan / Vampire Gaze. I also tried Kira's / Eth Guardian Angel / Reaper's for 90 all resist, but it didn't work either.

Maybe I should try *right* FO/meteor sorc as Melianor adviced. (oh, and I forgot to write that I want to build sorc, not pally... I already have hammerdin but my husband doesn't like my playing a male character lol)
    I'm just worried about MF/resist/+skill.. I tried many patterns of gear setup on my bliz sorc (to see the stats etc), but couldn't get enough resist with MF gear. ( I tried Full tals set, Death's Fasom, Eshuta's, Occy, Shako, Griffons for possible lightning sorc, SS, Moser's etc etc....)

I keep on working on gear choice before starting a new sorc to decide the stats.

Any additional advice would be appreciated :)

5. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I've done about 10 or 15 Hell Baal runs with my pure Blizzard sorc who is level ** and the thing that takes me a while to do is kill the cold immunes that inhabit the act throne room in the throne. I teleport all the way to the top right corner and walk around killing all the non-cold immunes. My might merc uses Bonehew, Dury's Shell, and a Stealskull and he is able to make quick work of the cold immunes. Even with about +40 resist all from charms, I still have trouble maintaining good resists. It is probably due to the SS that I used which only gives 40 to LR, 60 to CR, and 19 to others(from a PDiamond).

Now I have been doing a lot of Hell Baals with my Hammerdin. He can do the whole thing without a merc (nothing can stop me!! Mwhahaha!!). Anyway, the minions are usually a cakewalk, unless I forget to start casting my Hammers as Baal throws out either the megademons or the minions of destruction. Of course, Hammerdins require Enigma if you want to be able to get the run over with fast.

On another note, I haven't found anything worth saving from the runs that I did, save for a Trang's Belt but of course that was from a monster not Baal. Definately a lot faster and better it seems to run Mephisto, as you can still get Valor, Shako, and Stormshields. Well happy hunting!!

6. Johnson911

Johnson911 IncGamers Member

I was doing hell baal runs with my meteorb, and they were pretty easy. My merc has upgraded Kelpie Snare, Black Hades with Ral, ort, thul, and an eth crown of thieves.

I tp around the pack so the merc can hit 1/2 of them, and then the merc can tank indefinitely. The worst packs for him are Bartuc and the Inferno casting guys. Lister is usually cake.

7. Johnson911

Johnson911 IncGamers Member

FYI, I've got an Eth bonehew and a reapers. If you don't have shaft and vamp, then try for an upgraded kelpie. It makes a world of difference in his survivability.

Even if I did have shaft and vamp on him, I'd still use the kelpie for Baal. It's just so nice to not have him cast any spells and not teleport away.