The most useless synergy?

Stiertje

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
What's the point of synerizing frozen armor, chilling armor and shiver armor?
Just what it sais, longer duration and better effects (freeze duration, damage) which can help quite a lot when you get hit.

jason166

Diabloii.Net Member
I Would just like to point out.

That in the case of the cold armors, you can achieve a 500 dmg shiver armor by maxing shiver and frozen armor. What good is this you may ask?
Well... Lets look at the case of a zeal paly with a BOTD zerk axe...

If you have -175% cold mastery and he has 75% cold resists then
every time he swings at you he will take (500*2)/6 = 166 Dmg

Now lets assume you were a good boy and put points into dex for good % block. We'll assume 75%.

Now if you have 0 defense which you don't. And this paly starts zealing you, they will only actually hit you an average of once every 4 swings. So on average you will do 664 Dmg to him for every hit he lands on you (This is after resists and pvp penalty now...) If he needs 4 hits to kill, you he will need around 2656 life or he will die the majority of the time.

Now I don't expect you to stand there either... but if you did, you may still beat this oponent. I can tell you it's really fun to see :)

Jason :thanks:

By the way, -100 Resistance triples the dmg. Say you have 50% resistance, it cuts the dmg in half, if you have -50%, it doubles the dmg and if you have -100% it triples it. Cool eh.

Just like Amplify Dmg, it triples phy dmg because of -100% PDR.

About the Zeal pally, you didn't factor in Cold Absorb, 1% Absorb is approximately 2% impregnable resistance. Hence 40% Cold Absorb (2 Ravens) is equal to 80% unbreakable resistance.

This is why they added the 40% absorbtion cap in 1.10, otherwise, Sorcs would just heal people in duels.

Its rare that you see a Pally with such low resistance, and a small majority of the characters are melee. Even if you use Chilling for ranged char, that character would have to be Blind/Deaf/Mute + 100% Slowed + Lagged + Stupid before they giet hit. Maxing this skills, is in my point pretty useless unless you are bored or krazziie.

Edit:: And oh yeah, you forgot to state that Shiver Armor works even if you block the hit so it always hits the enemy.

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
warding said:
Prozerran aren't you some guy from tl.net or nohunters or something? :S
yea and I used to be a frequent battle reporter several years ago at BR.com

I still visit NH forum very often; in fact, I have been so for about 7 years. Do I know you?

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
yes it's very unlikely to meet with duelers with no raven frost t.t

And most okay duelers have 120-150 resist before the absorb too.

jason166

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
yes it's very unlikely to meet with duelers with no raven frost t.t

And most okay duelers have 120-150 resist before the absorb too.

I don't know many ppl that wear 2x ravens in duels, first of all it is just cheap as hell and second of all they may want a BK or some other ring on.

My armor does kill palys with 1 raven on too, it depends on how much stacked resists they have.... the absorb is calculated after they take the dmg right?

So if I am doing -100 resists to them they will take 2x my dmg and then absorb 20%

good day all.

cthrag

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrophiliac said:
By the way, -100 Resistance triples the dmg. Say you have 50% resistance, it cuts the dmg in half, if you have -50%, it doubles the dmg and if you have -100% it triples it. Cool eh.
Actually, it doesn't.

Having x% resistance means that instead of taking 100% damage from an element you take (100-x)%.

So with 50% resistance that's 50% - a half
With 75% that's 25% - three quarters
With -50% thats 150% - you take one-and-a-half times the damage
And with -100% you take 200% - double damage

Just like Amplify Dmg, it triples phy dmg because of -100% PDR.
In 1.09 Amplify Damage tripled your effective damage, but that was because of the global physical resistance of 50%.

With 50% resistance the monsters take half damage.
Amplify damage gets that down to -50%, so they take one-and-a-half times damage.

So you ended up with three times the damage you had before.

But, with the global physical resistance gone, that's not the case anymore.