The Most Unlikely D2 Builds

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
PinkeyandtheBrain said:
you could probbably get at least a couple hundred damage from tele-k when its maxed and + the Lightning mastry
i would be very expensive to make but with lots ofsorc lit charms and semi decent gear it could be prett powerfull
And here I thought it was HC untwinked. :lol:

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
ahcw said:
Passive barb (mastery tab only). I know it's possible because Uzziah is doing it right now, but damn that would be tough.
I am in act 2 Hell and stumped on how to continue further, it also wasn't an untwinked build, I made it into Hell act 2 by using trangs and the melee masteries. nowhere near as effective as my magi_barb but a good challenge none the less. nightmare ancients were near impossible with this build but I got close several times before I MP'ed to get the ancients done.

It's tough but I have some suggestions I figured out with the magi barb that may get you to where you need to be :D If I had it to do again I would go with mace mastery over axe mastery.

Amazons - Bow skills only :)
Assassins - The teacher build, using the Shadow Warrior to be better than the assassin herself. Yeah for trap shadows.
Barbarians - Passive barb
Druid - Duel elemental druid (untwinked would be really hard)
Necromancer - Dentist (but mojo/solo would be really hard trust me I am playing one of those as well just haven't set down infront of it yet).
Paladin - (I believe the defencive aura only paladin is the hardest, well unless you get +3 vengence on a scepter)
Sorceress - Mastery sorceress (20 fire mastery, cold mastery, lightning mastery, warmth and no other skill points used).

StylisticDivision

Diabloii.Net Member
You want a challenge? Try doing what that guy did with the Sorc a while ago (he wrote about it too).

He created a sorc, used no skill points or stat points, or WEAPONS. He used merc and fists and, unbelievably, got past Andy. Try going farther.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
StylisticDivision said:
You want a challenge? Try doing what that guy did with the Sorc a while ago (he wrote about it too).

He created a sorc, used no skill points or stat points, or WEAPONS. He used merc and fists and, unbelievably, got past Andy. Try going farther.
You refer to MongoJerry, who also took a warcry/firewall barb through Hell, and who took a necro through hell only killing the act bosses and those needed for quests. He is a really good wierd build player and I doubt even he could go further with that sorceress how long did he spend in andy's chambers? 4 hours 5 hours from the waypoint?

I mean come on the Passive Barb took me 45 minutes to kill normal Baal when I first hit him. It's all a matter of time and play skill at avoiding attacks.

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
OK, I'm assuming you want really, really hard, but still possible. As in you could somehow see doing it or might build one just to prove how amazing a player you are.

My list:

Amazon: Impalazon
Assassin: Dragon Flight Kicksin
Barbarian: Pole/Leap Attack
Druid: Lord of Ravens
Necromancer: Mojomancer
Paladin: Thorns/Convertadin
Sorceress: Inferno Sorc

Just as an aside, Nightfish has a Guardian Golemmancer, which he claims was really pretty decent.

Porius

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're twinking and allowing the use of skills from equipment, a Mastery sorc wouldn't be hard at all. Three words make it easily possible: Kingslayer Champion Axe.

As for a tele sorc, that might actually be possible as well, though I don't know about HC untwinked. If I'm not mistaken, the knockback works even on LI (I seem to recall stunlocking those council members in durance 3). So all you need to do is stunlock enemies for your merc. I think though that a little bit more should be allowed in terms of skills: SF, TS, ES and cold armours. Still ridiculously hard, but maybe possible.

Derrick1001

Diabloii.Net Member
I think those builds are only really impressive if you also can't have a mercenary as part of the build. If you make a telekinesis sorc, your mercenary is going to be the real hero.

Kool69 said:
Where should I begin?... :D

- Dentist (Teeth Necromancer)
- Physic Hammer Assassin
- Mojomancer (Curses Only)
- Hydra Sorceress
- Singer

Just a few ;)
Ive done 3 of those, and have been tempted by a mojomancer before.
Anyway, add to that list the infamous kamikaze build (using rainbow facets) which AFAIK no-one has taken beyond whateevr level the facets can be used.
Also, i have a punching sorc, no weapon of any kind, using enchant to thump stuff.
Oh, and i have a throwing potions pally in act 3 nromal who is good fun, and atm can kill with reasonable effiecienchy, but i keep on having to mule on more throwing potions. If only there was a cube recipe to turn green breast plates into throwing potions...
And a TK sorc is viable certianly, with lots of +skills and FCR it would do at least at biot of damage.
Oh, and i also have a shock web sin in act 1 hell. Shock web sounds really crappy, but when you max the synergies, it can do incredible total damage (theoritically its the hgihest damage skill in the trap tab.)

Wizardhawk

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno, maybe it's just cause I haven't played one but a Hydra Sorc doesn't seem like it would be too hard to me. How would a Hydra Sorc's skills be spent, only in fire? Teleport and the rest in fire? or just using hydra as main attack?

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Wizardhawk said:
I dunno, maybe it's just cause I haven't played one but a Hydra Sorc doesn't seem like it would be too hard to me. How would a Hydra Sorc's skills be spent, only in fire? Teleport and the rest in fire? or just using hydra as main attack?

Well usually the hydrasorc which is a very popular PvP sorceress is made with a secondary skill like say Frozen orb. you can cast up to about 5-maybe 6 hydras at a time and you basically want the hydra right on top of your target, as any distance will cause them to be able to move out of the firebolts way. the hydra damage is written in per firebolt so with 3 heads casting about 6 shots each thats 18* the listed damage per casting.

It's really a cookie cutter build when you look at it in a bit of depth, not as common as a meteorbtress but still very viable without worries. It's a leaf staff build for sure.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
I'd like to see a hydra sorceress (I agree with Kool)
Well... I have a SC Hydra sorc, and I'm quite sure it's possible to do that in HC. Just make sure you stay behind the hydras, always casting one as a scout. Slow but quite secure.

Hydra sorcs arent cookie cutter. They can deal alot fo damage overall, but they take time to fire 18 shots, and you would be teleporting like mad waiting for stuff to die, or you'd use FO on most things with hydra ending up being a backup skill, not the other way round.

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
... you would be teleporting like mad waiting for stuff to die, or you'd use FO on most things with hydra ending up being a backup skill, not the other way round.
Teleport like mad? Why? Just stay calm and wait for the hydras to do their work. Oh, and my backup was CL... I tried to avoid too many resemblances to the meteorb sorc ;)

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
Well usually the hydrasorc which is a very popular PvP sorceress is made with a secondary skill like say Frozen orb. you can cast up to about 5-maybe 6 hydras at a time and you basically want the hydra right on top of your target, as any distance will cause them to be able to move out of the firebolts way. the hydra damage is written in per firebolt so with 3 heads casting about 6 shots each thats 18* the listed damage per casting.

It's really a cookie cutter build when you look at it in a bit of depth, not as common as a meteorbtress but still very viable without worries. It's a leaf staff build for sure.
If I died to a hydra sorc with one of my "real" PvP'ers, I'd be embarassed. =x Keep in mind that hydras don't start shooting the moment you cast them, so even if you cast them right on top of your target, your target still has plenty of time to move away.

kabal said:
If I died to a hydra sorc with one of my "real" PvP'ers, I'd be embarassed. =x Keep in mind that hydras don't start shooting the moment you cast them, so even if you cast them right on top of your target, your target still has plenty of time to move away.
Also, at best they'd get in 1 shot from each head if the person lagged, then they'd take a step back and be able to move away from the firebolts. The only way you coul do really wel with a hydra sorc in PvP is to have a good backup skill like blizz or whatever.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Not to mention fire resist + pvp penalty(that's on spells, too, right?) would knock each bolt down a LOT.

LordMay

Diabloii.Net Member
Blaze sorc
FoF Assa
Poison creeper druid
stun barb
Aura only paladin with a merc
Poison explosion necro
charged strike zon

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Aura only Paladin is easy due to holy shock/freeze. You can punch your way through hell with those auras. Weapons are for wusses. :lol: Now if you limit yourself to one aura tree, and not allow any points in others even for synergy, then that can be a challenge (defensive auras much more so).

Blaze is actually quite viable, damage wise. Might go well on a ranged Enchantress.

Charged Strike zons are easy. What's tough about that? I have a Charged Striker without a shield, and without a desert or barb merc. She's had few deaths (normal Duriel, and some bits in Act 3 and 4 Hell where I got my stupid self surrounded. Never get surrounded!) and a relatively easy time.

On a side note, Valkyrie >>> shield. She saves me so many times it's not funny. Recently Diablo, meanie that he is, bone prisoned me twice, one right after the other. If I didn't distract him with a shiny female, I'd have gotten lightning hosed!