Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Most Deadly

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by selfstudybuddy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. selfstudybuddy

selfstudybuddy IncGamers Member

The Most Deadly

So Im in act 2 hell with my zealot who has 85 res all, max block... well Im getting the horadric amulet, I am kicking ***, no problems, I go down to tempe lvl 2 and die almost intsantly, im ofcourse wondering what could posibly kill so fast... and here is the awnser:

fangskin, the claw viper super-unique

who in normal spawns with lightning enchanted, extra fast
    I got lightning enchanted, extra fast, aura enchanted (conviction) and you guessed it good ol' multi-shot

the only more deadly thing I can posibly think of is the same mods but on "ancient kaa the soulless"

edit: couldnt get a screen shot I died to quick

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A few well-meant advice, not just for you:

Switch off run mode, else blocking will go down to 25% and any attack is a hit.

Leech like hell and don't rely on Draculs triggering lifetap, so have a lifetap wand in the switch.

Or try again, so Fangskin has less deadly mods :azn:

3. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Yeah, you're "lucky" to spawn fangskin with conviction aura:smiley:. Try again and it should be much better.

4. selfstudybuddy

selfstudybuddy IncGamers Member

oh I just made new game no way in hell (ahaha I made a puny) was I gonna die over and over for that.

5. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Can Salamanders in act 2 get Multishot? I thought they were melee-only. On the other hand, vultures can get it, maybe the Charge counts as a ranged attack.

Are you playing v1.09, hence the dreaded MSLE?

I can beat that beast for danger:
    MSLE Bremm Sparkfist (who always had CE + Conviction in 1.09). :shocked:

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Try the bugged Tomb Vipers (i think) in the Halls of Vaught. An Extra Fast, Extra Strong, Aura (Fanaticism) Enhanced one of those is downright scary.

I think the bug is that their poison does the same damage physical as poison, when you are standing in the poison trail. Even normal ones give most people a hard time.

7. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Could you get a Physical Immune, Fanatisism Aura, Extra Fast Frenzytor Pack?

I once had to take down a Light/Cold immune Lister with my CL/FO sorc... Used a passion PB...

Also had to take down one pf the ancients who was Light/Cold immune with my insight Merc, kept giving him potions...

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Melee monsters can get the "Multishot" mod, but it does absolutely nothing for them (not even the LE bolts are affected... that changed with 1.10).

The Tomb Vipers' poison cloud deals both physical and poison damage. Because this type of damage gets re-applied for each frame you move through the poison cloud, the physical damage when running through one can get ridiculously high, although it can also be negated rather easily by throwing on a bunch of PDR gear: Amulet of Life Everlasting (up to 25 DR), Gladiator's Bane (up to 20 DR), Arkaine's Valor (up to 15 DR), Gerke's Sanctuary (up to 16 DR), Nature's Peace (up to 11 DR), etc.

Fortunately, there are no boss packs on Nihlathak's level, only Champions, so you'd never see a pack with mods like that.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Some frenzytaurs are always physical immunes, these I always run or hide from when playing melee characters. Cursed+extrastrong+might is the most scary I can think of.

The toomb vipers cloud is not that dangerous when standing still, you have to move to make it the worst.

Lister the tormentor can also be very scary at times.

10. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

Hephasto the Armorer in like v1.05 or so was a nightmare. Always extra strong, extra fast etc. :/