Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"The Moo Moo King Must Die" Tournament

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Quickdeath, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

I always aspire to organize tournaments that are off-beat, fun, a bit of a a challenge and that don't require a massive time commitment to play. Here's my latest one, which I think should be a blast. I hope you'll try it.

The object of this Tournament is to kill the Nightmare Cow King on Players8 setting with one of the following three characters.

1. The Bowler. This is a Molten Boulder Druid. He uses Molten Boulder as his major offensive weapon. Your Druid must max Molten Boulder and put at least 20 skill points into its synergies. (Firestorm and Volcano). You may not use Firestorm, Volcano nor any other offensive elemental skills nor any skills from the shape shifting tree. Summons are allowed, as well as attacks with any weapon you can obtain. The Molten Boulder skill is weird. Enjoy this character!

2. The Conductor. (or the Drummer) This is a Barbarian who wields a wand (or two wands). The limitation is simple –once you get past your starter weapon, your Barb must wield a wand (or dual-wield two wands). No other offensive weapon may be used. Remember that some wands have modifiers with unusually high levels of elemental damage! And some have sockets!

3. The Awler. A Paladin who must wield a Kinemil’s Awl. This is the only object in the tournament that may be twinked in (in fact, it must be used by the Paladin once he reaches Level 23.) Note that the Awl grants +6 to the Holy Fire Skill – the most obvious route will be to play the Awler as a Holy Fire Paladin. For this reason, you may invest no more than 5 points in Holy Frost and no more than 3 points in Holy Shock or Blessed Hammer. "Awl other decisions" are yours to make.

Miscellaneous rules.

1. Softcore tournament (hardcore is allowed). Single player (no multiplayer action.) PlayerX settings are at your discretion, but you must be at Players8 when entering the Cow Level on Nightmare difficulty and play at the P8 level until killing the Cow King..
    2. Untwinked, except for the Kinemil’s Awl weapon, which may be twinked in to the Paladin character. ATMA may be used as an infinite stash for your character's self-found objects.
    3. Vanilla runewords only.
    4. There are no limitations on use of items other than the ones in the character definitions. CTC modifiers or “+X to a skill†are fine.
    5. Everyone who kills the P8 NM Cow King with one of these characters is a Winner of this tournament. There will be no prizes – this is just for fun and bragging rights.
    6. You may play more than one character!

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

This looks like a good chance to finally a drummer barb going without a lot of other restrictions.

So, Neil the Drummer Barb gets another chance to actually get out of the Rogue encampment. :smiley: (HC, of course.)

I also have some Vanilla SC 1.11 Kinemil’s Awl's that I can donate to those who need one. (Sorry, I don't have any in HC.)

Edit: Can we start?

3. Quickdeath

Please do. We don't yet have a scoring table, but we'll work on it.

4. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

we are allowed to re run areas?
    i'm interested in joining this tounament. of course with the Awler

5. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Are u allowed to up the awl?:D

6. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

If anyone needs an awl as well, I have one I can donate to someone.

7. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I would love to run an awler sounds fun. But sadly would have to if possible borrow a awl.

8. diablo loves donutz

Well I'd have no problem sending you one smilts, just one prob...I sort of don't know how to send items lol i know...noobish. I've recieved items before, but I'm still confused on how to send em. So, trade your info on sending for my awl? lol

9. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

put the awl on a mule, then when u send the email attch the d2s file from youre saved in D2 to the email. [email protected] sorry im late so have to run be back in 8 hours

10. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I have several 1.11 RWM/RRM SC awls if someone needs one ...
    I have been threatening to do a bouncy boulder druid for a while so count me with Hooti.

Oh dear, I still can't do tables. I'll keep working on it for as long as I can edit this post.
    Code:
    Forum name  Char       Type                      Area                         Way point

Cattleya          Neil       Drummer Barb     Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Nebux                           Pally Awler          Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Thyiad            Hooti    Bouncy Druid     Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Smilts                            Pally Awler          Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp

Edit: @Nebux. If I read the rules correctly, there is nothing stopping a rwm/rrm person from joining in PROVIDING they don't use any of the RWM runewords. As no muling ON is allowed, that isn't really going to be a problem. I only mention the status in case someone wants to borrow an awl.

Edit2: @nebux and quickdeath - re table - thank you, thank you, thank you :jig: and I was using a fixed width font. I just suck ...:embarassed:

11. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

be aware of your mod status here

Code:
    Forum name     Char          Type             Area                  Way point

Cattleya       Neil          Drummer Barb     Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Nebux          FocoS         Pally Awler      Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Thyiad         Hooti         Bouncy Druid     Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp
    Smilts                       Pally Awler      Rouge Camp            Rouge Camp

12. Quickdeath

Yes, you are allowed to re-run areas.

And yes, you are allowed to up the Awl (note the rules never called it a Kinemil's Awl Giant Sword) - as long as you can find the runes.

13. Quickdeath

Let me help with the table:

Code:
    [highlight][B][U]Forum name     Char          Type             LVL   Area            Way point[/U][/B][/highlight]

Cattleya       Neil          Drummer Barb      1    A1              Rogue Camp
    Nebux          FocoS         Pally Awler       1    A1              Rogue Camp
    Thyiad         Hooti         Bouncy Druid      1    A1              Rogue Camp
    Smilts                       Pally Awler       1    A1              Rogue Camp

14. diablo loves donutz

Don't mean to act even more noobish but...do I just make a new char on sp or do I use the new char or stash under utility? I'm still confused about how to use those 2, are they just for pure storage or what? Don't worry though smilts, I'll try my best to get it to you.

15. Quickdeath

You can make a new stash in Atma (new stash under utility)- a .dx file. Name the new stash, put the AWL in and email that dx file. After its been received remember to erase the original stash file!

16. diablo loves donutz

Cool, I've got the stash and I have it named, but how exactly do I attach it? I e-mail all the time, but never really send attachments :undecided:

So when I go to attach files, then browse...I open up the D2 saves and what not, but I'm still confused on where the stash and what not it located?

P.S thanks for the help quickdeath

17. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

I took Neil out and cleared the Den and took out Blood Raven. Cold Crow was the biggest problem, requiring a trip to town to get more potions. She dropped the Infernal Cap, which is pretty nice at this stage of the game.

Code:
    [highlight][B][U]Forum name     Char          Type             LVL   Area            Way point[/U][/B][/highlight]

Cattleya       Neil          Drummer Barb     12    A1              Stony Field

@diablo loves donutz: When you get to the browse for files navigate to where you saved the stash. (If you don't remember, you can look in ATMA.) Then select the file with the proper name. It will have the extension .d2x, ignore any files with other extensions.

18. diablo loves donutz

Kk, thanks for the help cattle. Yea, my prob was that I never saved it after I put it in the stash, so, I saved it in a fiolder I could easily find and attached it. My last question is how do you delete the stash? I mean, will smilts have a copy of the sword and I still have the original and why do you delete the stash? I've just always been confused on this topic. But other than that, thanks again.

P.S...this tourney seems to have sparked some interest...I think I might have to make one of my own.

19. atigdng

atigdng IncGamers Member

Code:

atigdng                      Pally Awler       1    A1              Rogue Camp 

I just thought about making both the bowler and the paladin build recently... I wanted to put that unused sword to use.

I will go for the paladin for right now, though if I get through it I may try the bowler too... I started a bowler last month but he turned into more of a summoner/ fire druid.

20. PetePizza

PetePizza IncGamers Member

Code:

atigdng                      Pally Awler       1    A1              Rogue Camp 
    PetePizza      Leatherman    Pally Awler       1    A1              Rouge Camp

Throwing my pointy stick into the fray. Point of clarification, can I arm myself with anything until level 23, and what restrictions govern weapons on switch?