Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Might Merc soloing baal runs in hell?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Calizzar, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

The Might Merc soloing baal runs in hell?

say i have enigma and tele to the throne and clear it out.

max concentration with tons of +skills

act 2 might merc:
    Weapon: eBotD GPA
    Armor: Fortitude AP
    Helm: Bone Visage w/3 40/15's

Now i have some room in my inventory. and basically one weapon switch is beast and spirit or faith, and the other is cta/gavel of pain/spellsteel. So i give my merc and me cta, then put gavel of pain on. Use amp against first 3 drops, switching to beast/faith after i cast each. Then for final two, i use spellsteel to decrepify, then go to beast/faith. For baal, decrep then switch.

Basically, my merc would be doing massive damage (13000+ depending on gear) at 5fpa with jab. then amp will double this to 26k, or decrip to 19.5k.

So would the merc be able to handle colenzo-lister and baal?

The reason i ask is because i'm bored on my hammerdin and thought this would be fun.

2. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

Well if hes doing 26K and they got no phy res cause of amp then ya he would kill like crazy. What life leech does he have. If its over 10% base then he will be fine. The only thing you got to worry about is if baal throws the monsters on top of him. That mite just kill him. Just tele him back a little to make sure hes out of harms way.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

If you've got Faith or Beast, how about upgrading the merc's weapon to an EBotD War Pike? The IAS from his helm, Fanaticism, and on the weapon should make little difference in speed, and Jab attacks fast anyway. But he'll be dealing way more damage per hit, so that might result in more damage overall (damage/time).

And D.A.R., BotD has 12-15% life leech on it. at 13k+ damage, he'll be at full health after every hit.

4. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The only problem is lister. Their stun/knock back will murder him if hes in the middle of their pack - just teleport out to the side lines and let the critters walk up to the merc to thin them out.

Possibly use exile to upgrade his defense - thats the only real way to avoide lister if hes not using % damage reduction.

5. Calizzar

good idea on the exile. so beast + exile.

and war pike hits 5.5fpa so thats probably a good idea too, as eth botd war pike can hit over 1300 wep damage, whereas gpa is like 950 tops.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

That merc should be able to kill anything that does not spawn stone skin PI so yeah let him have the fun. Do watch out for the occasional OK that can cast IM in throne though.

7. Calizzar

is merc damage calculated same as players?

if so, this merc will be able to do 20k jabs with eth botd warpike at 5.5fpa before amp damage.

and a little offtopic, are mercs subject to the pvp penalty?