The MF merc

frederikdnd2

Diabloii.Net Member
The MF merc

Yo guys,
my merc uses a ptopaz skulders, ptopaz shako and a bonhew. My question now is:
If my merc kills, does he kill with his amount of mf+my amount of mf, or just his mf
And if i kill, do i kill with my mf+his mf, or just my mf??

Thanks for helping out a little

Death_Frog

Diabloii.Net Member
I belive if he kills it adds ur mf and his, but if u kill it just adds urs... I could be wrong but thats wut i heard and havent heard different.

frederikdnd2

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm, that would suck since i deal the most amount of dmg and kill everything before he had the chance to arrive there...

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
frederikdnd2 said:
hmmm, that would suck since i deal the most amount of dmg and kill everything before he had the chance to arrive there...
The idea behind the mf merc is to get the boss or whatever down to a sliver of health and let the merc finish him off.

frederikdnd2

Diabloii.Net Member
This would slow done the killing speed, this would affect ur running time and in the end this would affect ur drops, this cant be true!!

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
frederikdnd2 said:
This would slow done the killing speed, this would affect ur running time and in the end this would affect ur drops, this cant be true!!
It definately is true, you get no mf bonus from your merc if you make the kill. If he makes the kill you get (your mf) + (merc mf).

It's really only good on boss or super-unique runs.

i think the best mf merc setup would be 3 ist tombreaver, upgraded, ptopaz vamp gaze (shako doenst cut it), upgraded ptopaz skullders.

frederikdnd2

Diabloii.Net Member
y'all keep talking about this upgraded stuff...well can ne1 then tell me how the HELL do u upgrade ur items???I know its some sort of recipe but more help would be welcome

Xenon[XoA]

Banned

Yeah, upgrading stuff's cube recipies.
You can do Norm -> Exceptional Uniqs (armor / weap) and Norm -> Except -> Elite rares non ladder. Otherwise if your doing Except -> Elite Uniqs, you have to be on ladder.

Ral + Sol + Perf Em + norm Uniq weapon
Tal + Shael + Perf Dia + norm Uniq armor
Ort + Amn + Perf Saph + norm Rare weapon
Ral + Thul + Perf Ameth + norm Rare armor
Fal + Um + Perf Saph + except Rare weapon
Ko + Pul + Perf Ameth + except Rare armor

Ladder Only
Lum + Pul + Perf Em + except Uniq weapon
Ko + Lem + Perf Dia + except Uniq armor

Bunniemaster

Diabloii.Net Member
So how good would a MF cleric pally work with an MF tank merc. Realy slow but you would have tons of mf and you could keep the merc healed