Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Marvel Century

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ringworm125, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Ringworm125

Ringworm125 IncGamers Member

The Marvel Century

I just saw the previews for the new remade Punisher movie.
    What's the freakin deal with Superhero movies now?
    During the current and last few years, there have been movies about Spiderman, Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, and X-Men.
    What's next? Aquaman: The Hero of Fish?
    I mean come on! These movies are really good. No problem with them, but what's the freakin deal all of a sudden?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Maybe comic people are getting out of comic stores for the movies. o_O

3. Raft Boy

Raft Boy IncGamers Member

Hollywood ran out of ideas and is now digging around comics for something that has never been done (or done badly, in the case of the Punisher). Besides, it doesn't hurt that there's a built-in audience for these types of movies.

I personally can't wait to see Spider-Man 2. I hope they did Doc Ock justice.

-Rafty

4. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

they made spiderman and it was a hit, so why not try the others?

i despise those movies.

5. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

After Spiderman, which was their test gerbil, they(Marvel) signed a deal for 5 super-hero movies...Punisher, Hulk, X-men2, Spiderman2, & Daredevil
    There may be more coming even...

6. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

Because they make money. Go with what works.

7. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

its just another fad. I bet it will be over in a couple of years.

8. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

I wonder who will be next? Ghost Rider? The Dark Phoenix Saga? Fantastic Four? Galactacus? Infinity/Eternity? Infinity Gauntlet?

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

Fantasitic four seems like next. Most reasonable choice. -.-

10. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Screw Marvel. :D (All the comic book geeks are gonna shoot me.... :teeth: )

I can't wait for Hellboy to come out next week. That one actually looks pretty good, and I don't think it'll be too too much of a let down. Scratch that. I hope it won't be too much of a let down.

11. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I believe that the original X-Men was kinda the test run, but that's a minor point. The reason that they're actually getting made is because the special effects and CGI are now available to make characters like the Hulk look realistic instead of campy. It's kinda hard to do a superhero movie when you can't show Spider-Man web-slinging across New York.

As for how good they are, it's a toss up. X-Men was alright, Spider-Man was cool but not amazing, Daredevil and the Hulk were garbage, and I rather liked X-2. I'm interested in seeing Punisher, mostly because it has an R rating and might actually do a very good story justice.

As for if it will last, who knows? If they just make these movies big budget special effects showcases that have horrible stories (ie The Hulk), they'll die off quick because they cost a lot to make and audiences will get bored. But if they actually do them right and make some good stories out of it as well as cool action, they'll keep on coming.

12. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

Orgazmo is still the best one

13. Wolfwind

Wolfwind IncGamers Member

I'd just like to say, Daredevil -sucked- apart from Bullseye. He was kinda funny. I mean jeez.. I'm not much of a follower ( Hell, I've only read 3 comics ) but as far I know, they left out Sticks. And he kicked ***. He was like.. The stealth-ninja tramp who taught Murdoch all his l337 skills. o.o

But yeah. It all stinks of a goldmine tapped, waiting to be done to death. Punisher movie sounds like a excuse to rip off the matrix. Do stuff with guns and please all the 'SFX BAG BANG OOOOOOo PURTY' average cinema goer.

I'd like to see their attempt at ghost rider though. ^_^ Everyone loves a talking, flaming skull.

14. Gigas

Gigas IncGamers Member

Well, if they make another Fantastic Four movie, it sure as hell can't be as bad as the first one they made. That was the most horrible, foul... I... look, I really can't put into words just how truly terrible it was.

The first Punisher movie was pretty much BLAH. I don't really like the Punisher, so I don't intend to see the remake, but again it can't be as bad as the first.

I think Iron Man could be a decent movie, especially with today's special effects. Or War Machine.

Scud: the Disposable Assassin would rock, too. But that would have to be animated to capture its full glory.

Hey! Fish need heroes, too, you know.

15. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

Ya screw marvel (I used to be a marvel fan until I discovered Dark Horse comics :D )

I want to see LOBO! And The Mask if they would do the comic justice that is... :grrr:

(for those who doesn't know, The Mask, in comicform, is not for kids...)

16. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The Fantastic Four was already filmed and was about to go public a few years back, however an unnamed very rich person bought all of the rights to that movie. So even though the movie has been finished for some time the public has never seen it. He only shows it to friends.

I read that in a magazine a few years back.

Sorry but I do not have a link to post.

17. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I forsee Marvel making movies and basing comic books off of them in the future

18. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I think there should be a movie based off the street fighter movie game

it could be street fighter the movie the game the movie

19. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

I draw the line when they make a movie about the Wonder Twins. I will promptly run and kill these people in the most gruesome, rusty spoon-wielding way possible.

20. dorcusmalorcus

dorcusmalorcus IncGamers Member

Ghost Rider has been in development hell for the last 4 or 5 years. Some of the concept art that was leaked out on various sites looked really good.

Fantastic Four was made, as Aragorn_elessar said, but I don't think it was the rights being bought that shelved the movie. I remember reading that the test screenings for it were so bad, the studio shelved it. It may have been bought after that, but I am pretty sure the suckage caused it to not be released.

A Wonder Woman script is supposedly being peddled around right now. Charisma Carpenter (yummy!) has expressed interest in playing the lead.

Rumors have also been floating around concerning CGI movies of Underdog and Mighty Mouse. Personally, I think Underdog would be a riot.