Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Marrow Wolf? Ideas I've Floated Around

Discussion in 'Druid' started by LeegionOnEast, Oct 6, 2006.

1. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

The Marrow Wolf? Ideas I've Floated Around

I saw in a Kiba video how he teleported while unshifted. I was thinking about it, and I came up with this idea for a wolf/bear:

Guard-Dog

Key Componets:
    Marrowwalks
    Enigma

Support Gear:
    Trang Gloves
    Arachnid Mesh
    eBOTD GPA
    Circ/Pelt +2 Druid 20% FCR +AR +stats +skills
    Angelic Ammy
    Angelic Ring+FCR/AR/Resists Ring

Switch/Tele-Wave-Prison Gear:
    CTA Flail
    Spirit Monarch

Basically you teleport around, shift to a Bear, shockwave, unshift and Prison+Tap them, shift to Wolf and Fury. Takes fast fingers, but I beleive it's possible. Skills could be as follows:

1 Werebear
    1 Werewolf
    20 Lychanthropy
    20 Fury
    20 Shockwave
    1 Raven
    1 in Each Wolf
    20 Heart of the Wolverine/Oak Sage

Now that you've seen my crazy idea...the real question? What do you think about Marrowwalks on Enigma-Wolfs who could use the Tap against Zeolots, Barbs, and Smiters?

2. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

If you bad manner duel and don't feel any guilt out of it, sure this might work.

But good pvp people will make quick work of your bone prison and possibly out of you too.

Expect bad manner against you if you do use it tho.

Good luck.

3. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

hah sounds like a fun idea i have 2 helms that would be perfect for this build (+3shape,fcr circlet with 2 sok) and another with (+2shape , 20fcr,30frw,ar,life)

Maybe keep a wizzspike+ 35fcr spirit on switch for faster fcr , that what i used on my bow werewolf.

4. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Why would you max shockwave? Unless your goal was to stun a necromancers summons {which would only really be helpful if it was a pure summoner - which is rare as hell}, then you must realize that shockwave will only put someone in hitrecovery - maybe.

The prison also wont be synergized, and will be much more fragile than a necros prison. Also it will be weaker depending on what the game dificulty is.

Theres a lot of iffy things to go with this idea.

5. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

You'll need a hoto or wizzy if you're gonna' be teleporting... but if u want my honest opinion:

--shockwave = worthless, trash the thought it won't work in duels
    --teleporting, prisoning and using lifetap-- that's way to expensive... use only from town or if you absolutely have to.

Yo, here's the thing though. The whole teleing around trying to do this and that... it's a lot of nothing really, its nothing more than a helpful "escape" backup.

Best bet:
    --either go all rabies or all Fury... the whole hybrid shape thing doesn't work 'cause shockwave just doesn't work at ALL in duels. If you Rabies+prison, use a 6 shael-ed Giant Thresher, if you Fury then use your ebotd GPA... or use both on a switch...hmmm... 2 range 5, how rare? lol
    Remember, prison prolly should be used sparingly to catch a charger, etc, off guard.... if you go teleing around using prison people will just catch on right away and you'll probably lose a lot, methinks

6. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

It disadvantages like what....10% of the players out there, whoever can't teleport or blast right through it? It gives you all of about a half second stall to land a good 1-2 fury/rabies and that's about it... and if that's BM 'cause its "on the item" then maybe pallys shouldn't use exile or draculs too. If they even try to say BM, just tell them to go cry more plz. I'm not trying to give you a hard time or nothin', 'cause every1 has their own deffinition I guess, but I just don't think this is that extreme at all... just a minor advantage in some cases

7. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

unshifting makes you have very low life, therefor this build is kinda worthless imo...

Remember you aren't a windy :thumbsup: , unshifting for just casting life tap or lower resist is already dangerous as hell. Even more with this ammount of fhr

8. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

The bm part I was refering to is casting lifetap from charges.

Every pub dueling game I went it, I never saw people complaining about lifetap from chance to cast but they sure do when it come from a cast. I asume this is cause from ctc the curse take some hit to trigger, but when you cast it right away you gain sorta way too much advantage upfront of the opponent.

9. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Best if your opponent goes afk and makes a coffee.

10. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Prison them while wearing bramble ^^ sorts the melee out lol

11. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

no way would this work

any decent caster would have teleported in, around, and through your anus thouroghly by the time you got shifted again