Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The logic story line of D2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Mar 1, 2004.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

The logic story line of D2

Here is part I of logical D2 Story line, hope I didn't miss anything. feel free to correct any error I have made, or anything I can make the story as logic as possible (without change it).

Story Line of D2

From the preview movie of D2 (the one included on StarCraft CD), you must notice our former hero, now Diablo himself, had very different face. He also left a SoulStone like on ground before enter a town (He said he's going east). So let's say he left his soulstone, but later, Marius said the stone was smashed, how? The only logic reason is, his SoulStone was broken (most likely he did himself), and he bind all power of the stone into a small piece, like the size of Baal's SoulStone, so he didn't need to hold it (it was big) all the time. The face change can be simple as natural change since his power was growing. So let's start, our former hero, now Diablo, travelled all the way east, but first, he must find Marius. It was fate, Marius holds the key for the three great evils.

He found Marius in the building (hotel?), destroyed it, and continue to East as usual. When Marius left the burning building, it was clearly winter (snow); without warm cloth, food and water, how Marius stay alive? Or most important, ACT1 isn't winter anymore, so either they travelled a long time and/or a long way. However, I do not think they should as the story line wasn't meant to. Also, let's back to where he began, before he left the SoulStone and enter that unknow town, he didn't find Marius yet, and it wasn't winter either. So he travelled a whole year before get Rouge town? It seems the only logical explaination is, he didn't travel long time, but instead, he had to claim over a high mountain, so that Marius was found on top of mountain where it snows. Since then, Marius followed Diablo. Diablo set rouge town in Chaos, and continue east, and planning turn the town into permanent out post of hell.

How Marius walked pass desert is a major error. He didn't have food or water, and no sleep for many weeks (for how long, he doesn't know). Also, remember just before Diablo found him, the waiter guy asked him "wanna anything to eat today?" He doesn't need to eat or drink, at least looks like to me. How or rather "is he human? at all"

Diablo went deep into desert, found the tomb and rescued Baal as what it meant to be (Marius helped a lot, it was his fate to do so).

How diablo entered the tomb to find Baal? It could be that the magic seal could only stop human/less evil to enter, but Diablo is a great evil, so he cannot be stopped by human magic. As we also see Tyreal was there too.

After our new hero released Tyreal, and now must chase Diable & Baal before they can meet Meph. However, we see Diablo walking just outside of ACT3 dock side at beginning. Logical? Yes, we can see this way: even Diablo and Baal were free, but they cannot cross the great sea yet, because all ships were "grounded", no one can cross. Maybe because Diablo was not completely yet, so he cannot use magic like Tyreal/Baal, to teleport everywhere. Baal either went cross first, or waited Diablo to go together, it looks like Baal went first without Diablo, clearly, Diablo didn't want to swim cross, same as our friend Marius. So, our new hero arrived act3 at same time as Diablo (on different ship), a good start? No, as we see in act3, Diablo and Baal met Meph first, and left already before our hero fighting all the way there.

To be continued ... (about act3, and more Marius)

2. DeathMaster

Last night, I forgot a little detail happened in act2 and one important time clue to back up my story. When our new hero arrived in act1, we always get the same greet as "I'm not suppirsed to see your kind here, as the recent trouble begen...". We all know that the trouble begen when Diablo started travelling to east. So it didn't take long for him on the way at all.

Now my missed act2 thing. When we did enter the true tomb, we had to break the wall, but Diable, Marius and Tyreal used DOOR. It indicated that when Diablo and Baal trapped Tyreal there, they sealed the door. So when our new hero try to open the door, it (the staff) had to break to magic/spell which sealed the door first. So the wall we broke, must be the Door they used before.

Now back to act3. it seems when our new hero got there and fight all the way to "temple of the light" (couldn't understand why it is called that), Baal and Diablo already gone, and so did Marius. We also know that Marius arrived there right after Diablo was there. And he didn't need to smash the orb. Clearly, our new hero didn't smash the orb yet. so here is how Marius entered the temple - he didn't tail Baal or Diable for sure, because he wouldn't, he was scared. Instead, he followed Diablo for long, and he must know some kind of secret hand shake or special Demon spell (Demon ID), that give him "friendly" looks to demon army. Therefore, he was allowed to enter (or even the demon showed him the way) as the demon magic that sealed the entry sees him as "demon friend". Another possibility is that he had Baal's soulstone, so he was seen as "Baal" by demon force, and the seal wouldn't dare to stop him.

Our new hero fight all the way there, try to stop the three primary evils, but failed, and had to enter hell to try to finish the job there. In doing so, our hero defeated Meph. Where did Marius go? He couldn't step into the gate to hell, it is also understandable that he could't defeat Meph (or anyone else in hell), so there was no way he could do what Tyreal asked him to do. He left after Diablo went in the gate, and ran to his hide place (jail?) as we see him telling his story. Baal must left after Marius, he went north, while our new hero still fight in act3.

I had enough for tonight, continue later...

3. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

This isn't going to go anywhere I'm afraid as the plotline was clearly not something on Blizzard's mind when they created the game. It has more loopholes and knots than a barrel of eels if you ask me.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

4. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

Hey sorry i wanted to reply yesterday but i got into time trouble , anyway coming back to topic : First would it be possible to see this preview movie of D2 that was on SC cd? Just to get the clear picture.

i think you got the snow moment right that the pub/hotel was in mountains thats why it was snowy there, also wasnt the town he entered Tristram? so if he traveled between Tristram and Rouge camp there could've been time shift enough to melt the snow (end of winter beggining of spring). On the dessert note and the food water thing : my personal oppinion is that he was getting the strength from Diablos powers, wasnt it in movie that he spoke to him trough thoughts? so i think the strength to pass dessert and follow Diablo himself came from Diablo, as the stories goes on he becomes more and more tired and his appearance goes worse. Also the powers of Soul stone gave him strength. In the end marius is old guy and all teared appart, as he says its been hard barning or something in those lines. So in the end i think its not so much of an error.

"the waiter guy asked him "wanna anything to eat today?" He doesn't need to eat or drink, at least looks like to me" - how was waiter suppose to know if the person he is talking to is diablo himself. hence explaining the question.

about act3 : Baal says in the end of Diablo " you did exactly what you were expected to do" That indicates that Baal knew that diablo will be killed or at leat he knew that some trouble will happen to Mephistos soulstone . In anycase i belive monsters did not touch Marius because of Baals orders, rather than beein seen as a monster, that is why he could follow Diablo trough hell gates and such. Baal had to get to Marius in order to get the last soul stone. And wasnt the last place, the place where he was telling his story a madhouse(ermm my english, well the place where they put nutcases), maybe because he knew that world will end and noone belived him, or he just went crazy from the wearing of soul stone.

5. -.kreizi.-

i think your wrong, what DM is writting is pretty logical, just some errors, the ones i pointed out . thats what i belive

6. DeathMaster

The easy way to see the preview movie is to insert StarCraf-Brood War CD, and see it there. The moive is well hidden on the CD, no easy way to copy it. And the waiter guy was asking Marius if he needed food for "today". So Marius is still rather "too strong to be human", or could Marius only need drugs as some drug users in our world? Also, the town Diablo entered in the preview movie must not be Tristram, as we know he left there and the trouble begen, not enter there.

Anyway, now start from ACT4.

This act is simple, straight forward. Smash Meph's soulstone, kill Diablo, and move on. There is one important evil char we need to take notice - Izual, the Archangel who set evil plan with the three primary evils. There isn't much to say, the story is too simple here. However, once you finish Diablo, Tyreal will tell you while you were fighting, Baal has already ruined barb land (act5). How? we know Baal didn't have his soulstone back until after Diablo's death, so "while you were fighting", barb land should be safe as we know the attack begin at the unknow barb city, and Baal already had his soulstone then. Also, our new hero started act5 from Harrogath - the last strong hold there. This is fatal plot hole, and time error. Now I will try to fix it. First, the time pass in hell must be much much slower then in mortal realm. And when our hero defeated Izual, he was released but he didn't go to heaven (because now Tyreal knows he is evil, so does heaven)! Only under these two conditions, we can find a fix.
    Once Diablo was defeated, our hero spent some time (he needs to smash Diablo's soulstone, talk to tyreal and the rest) in hell, even those time was short, greater amount of time already passed in mortal realm. When the moment just about our hero defeat Diablo, Izual either saw it or just know it (he had connection with evils). So he went mortal realm, and spread the news that Diablo was defeated (as it will happen in hell soon, but will take a much longer time in mortal world), right after the news spread, Baal found Marius, killed him, and took his soulstone back, teleport back to act5, start his strike there. That would be how Marius and the rest of world "heard" Diablo was defeated, and Baal attacked barb land "while our hero were fighting in act4". Tyreal was in hell all the time (looks like), so he spoke hell time which is total correct. And reasonable to believe that Baal defeated everything on his way but Harrogath, while our hero was fighting Diablo and too busy to smash soulstone, and talking around.

Why would Izual spread the fake News? for one, we need to fix the plot hole. For two, regardless he is evil or not, he is still Archangel form, so it is not hurt to say something just about to happen, and fool people around. So he can get more evil plan done with great "help" from mortal. If htere is D3, Izual would play leading role, I bet.

continue later...

7. -.kreizi.-

Well i dont have SC cd thats why i asked if i can download it from somewhere. But about marius, if he asks, do you want to eat today : today could indicate that he was there more than one day and therefore eats, as he hasnt eaten yet and water asks that. But still since the game is all about magic i think he got the strength from Diablo himself.

Also it somehow bothers me a lot that Baal said : you did what you were expected to do. Its like he knew this is going to happen, i mean if he didnt knew , then it would be logical for him to say 'you did ok or alright' or something, not 'what you were expected to do'. did he knew the future? That maybe also the reason why baal went for Soulstone on mount arreat as soon as possible, cos he knew what will happen.........

8. DeathMaster

The waiter shaked his head, when Marius said nothing but smoke. So he didn't sound like been eating or drinking, otherwise the waiter would react differently. Anyway, who cares if Marius need to eat or not, he is DRUG addictive, drug is all he ever needed.

I think the reason why Baal said "you did exactly what you were expected to do", is that Baal knew Marius couldn't go through the gate, therefore, his soulstone is safe with him. I think it is believable, since Marius asked for forgiveness as he couldn't smash Baal's soulstone. Baal knew it from the moment he was freed, so he expected Marius to keep his soulstone safe. Think what would happen if Tyreal got the soulstone, he will give it to our new hero, therefore to be smashed! Or at least, Tyreal will put the soulstone to where it came from - Heaven (soulstones were given to mortal world).

I found it is hard to believe Baal knew Meph and Diablo will be defeated. Meph may not offer usable service to Baal's plan to rule mortal world, Diablo certainly helps a lot. Baal may wanted to rule alone, but he would do it (let someone kill diablo) after his plan was successful.

9. -.kreizi.-

ok, i see your point.

10. DeathMaster

Alright, I will take a short work for act5. Our new hero arrived act5, broke the siege of harrogath, defeat ancients (why, I never understand, our hero was there to stop Baal, why ancients wanted to kill our hero?), and finally defeated Baal.

There are couple of things worth to notice.
    1) Baal couldn't defeat ancients which is hard to believe. so why he would need the relic from Nihlathak. In exchange of the relic, Baal should withdraw the siege of harrogath, it also didn't happen (Baal is too evil! never make deal with evil). The reason behind might be that Baal is chicken, but he also like to show his strength to his demon followers. To show how strong he is, he should take ancients alone, but he chickened out. Instead, he used the relic to bypass the test. (Baal wouldn't risk the chance of FE bug, for sure ) :lol:

And what is the relic? or where is it? after Baal defeated, we see no relic at all. Could the relic to be some 1337 items? if so, why even the most powerful and godly itemed (I made this word up) hero (or supah [email protected]) will need to fight ancients? The only possibility - Baal must destroyed the relic after enter WSK, so no one would steal it and use it again.

2) what happened to Baal's soulstone? our hero didn't smash it, Tyreal had it?

If there is any chance of D3, we will seek answers there.

3) why Malah refuse to hand over the resist scroll, unless you rescued Anya? Wouldn't save Harrogath from Baal's army enough for such reward? So if our hero never stopped the siege, only rescue Anya, he/she is worth to reward; but by saving the whole town, he/she is not trusted worthy hero? odd logic, but interesting - one little girl's life over the whole mortal realm.