Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The LLD/Hunter Necro rules them all...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mn_Swe2, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

The LLD/Hunter Necro rules them all...

Hi!
    If you remember me, I'm the guy who participates in KTA games, and also love hunting/duelling :)

My homepage about my lvl 9 Sacadins got read by many of you, and now it's soon time to add a new char to my page... the CamoflagueNecro.

This is an idéa I came up with just a few days ago. I had some of the gear (the vital parts) saved on a mule, but needed a couple of max dmg jewels that two friends provided me with. Very much thx to you :)

The equipment of the Necro is mostly prettty straight forward. Sigons belt+gloves+boots, BSoD, mask, Breast Plate et.c., all with sockets where sockets is possible.

The reason for staying at lvl 15, and not going to 18 for +15 maxes is that I want to hunt in sewer/arcane/questing games in Act2 and 3. Therefor I like the pray to be about my lvl or a bit higher than me. And also the fact that as soon as you go to lvl 18, alot of people get scared of you.

The purpose of this char is to really surprise my opponent. A Necro at lvl 15, most people will laugh there *** off to, especially if they see I go melee style, hehe. So I hope I will get many duels from unsuspecting sewer/arcane runners.

If you look at my life and dmg I have two pics with two different set-ups, one life oriented, one dmg oriented.

The dmg oriented one shows I can deal dmg like 44-438, and that is without Amp :p

http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/Hunter/Dr_Sewers/Dr_Sewers-dmg-hidden.jpg

The life pic shows he can pretty tough to kill too, 542 life with a Bone Shield that can absorb 120 dmg:

http://www.hemsida.net/mnswe/Diablo2/Hunter/Dr_Sewers/Dr_Sewers-life-hidden.jpg

As you might understand from my way of writing I have not started using him yet. Just wanted to share this funny, and quite different idéa with the forum and show what a LLD/hunter Necro can do :)

C U /Magnus

2. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

what's with the hidden skill ? :p

3. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I can't reveal everything, can I ;)

/Magnus

4. Sip

Sip Banned

what could it be other than normal attack?

hmm..that war axe could possiblly have charges of sacrifice or bash. Either way...its not big secret.

5. siggik2

siggik2 IncGamers Member

charges of somekind ?

6. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Hehe, that's only for me to know ;)

/Magnus

7. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

lenmme guess. Bone wall :)

bone wall in arcane/sewers is rather usefull. not that many people will run away in the first place....

8. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I would think sacrifice charges.

9. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

To you, I give cudos.

10. Sip

Sip Banned

A question:

if you have 70 strength, why not use a 4 socket gothic plate instead of a 3 socket breast plate? Thats an extra socket for damage right there. You need all the damage you can get (because 438 max damage with very low min doesnt translate very well into pvp damage). Necros attack speed is pretty slow to begin with.

You pvp damage with amp is only 14-146. Not exactly the one hit wonder. I dont think the lld/hunter necro rules them all...

11. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Because I didn't have enough jewels then (I'm poor), the breast plate was originally for another build. But now I have extra jewels, so I probably end up doing around 160-170 PvP dmg, enough to kill lots of people in one hit in Act2-3 games if I get a lucky hit, otherwise I just hit them again :p

/Magnus

12. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

true.. for an unsuspected attack its enough damage to do harm for players that first laughed and then cried after the ear was cut off :D

13. NightShade

No one will fight a lvl 15 pala or sin or zon, but they will fight a barb or necro...

14. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Exactly what I'm hoping for :)

Haven't tried him out yet, still I'm just satisfied with having him staring at me each time I log on, weird but true :)

/Magnus

15. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

Aren't low level throwers still viable as PK, PKKer and LLD?

16. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Nahh, I think they are all crap now, please correct me if you know otherwise. In 1.09 thx to mastery bug and throwing bug iirc they did their listed PvM dmg also PvP.

They were good then, but now, getting their PvP dmg cut to approx. 1/6 as everyone else, they are not that good any more.

/Magnus

edit: I assume you're talking about the barbs?

17. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

lmfao throwers not good anymore? thats a joke. 1st off the only reason why there were so many throwers is newbs with mh can see how to scan and make em not even knowing why they were so good. The critical strike bug did give them a huge advantage over a lot of things. HOWEVER due to the increased dmg to throw with st adding dmg now, a thrower can more then hold their own, in fact they are some of the best anti chargers around. My 16 for example has NEVER lost a fight to any1. He's fought a lot of people 20 and under and laughs at their pathetic attempts to fight him. On 1 hand though he has hell pa and all q's so his shout is really high giving him a huge defense bonus which is pivotal to fighting a charger. After all if a charger stands no chance of landing 2 consecutive blows then there should be no chance that you lose.

Their dmg is not as good pvp as other classes but range makes up for it. Being able to get 2-3 blows b4 any1 gets into your face then being able to blocklock them easier then they can do to you helps a ton. Now heres a secret that works very well, on mine I'd prefer a much better real java he uses magical 59 dmg but on his double throw switch he uses 2 amp javs which can really annhilate anything esp once amp hits. Double throw is great vs any melee character that has to run to get to you, sorta helps being ranged.

18. NightShade

Whaddya know, a newcomer that I think I like ^^.

He makes good points.I'd be tempted to make one, if it wasn't for the fact I don't play anymore.

As for bonewall :

This is some what un tested, but try to make a prison aroundthe sewer enterance so they get stuck. They go down, you hostile and they can't move...atleast I Think this still works.

19. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Hidden skill = Poison Dagger :)

It still gives you the AR bonus while not using dagger class weapon :)

20. 1-up

1-up IncGamers Member

can i get a link to ur homepage and I hate to sound noobish but whats a BoSD???