Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The latest attack from the far left.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Underseer, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

The latest attack from the far left.

Although I suppose "far left" is somewhat relative. John W. Dean was a member of the Nixon administration and was one of the figures involved in the Watergate scandal.

Book: Worse than Watergate

2. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Just to save time:

He's only talking because he's pimping his book.

It's Clinton's fault.

Dean ratted out Nixon and can't be trusted.

I think I missed at least one of the standard comebacks. Oh well.

3. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

You forgot "he's partisan"

4. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

My God you people are unpatriotic. I wonder what Jesus would think of your descent into Allah-worshipping heathendom and your blatant, treasonous support of terrorism.

5. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I recall John Dean giving his testimony during the Watergate hearings in the mid-70's. Prior to his testimony, he had been preceded by Erlichman, Haldeman, and Attorney General Mitchell. All of them lied under oath except for Dean. Dean's testimony was in direct contrast and a bombshell. It was to his credit that he was honest and came clean.

We always said that "Dean spilled the beans".l

It really seemed to me that the nation was out for vengeance during that time. We had just suffered through losing a war in Vietnam and it seemed somebody had to pay. Spiro Agnew's resigning wasn't enough. Tricky Dick, an intelligent but extremely paranoid president, had to fall. The tapes nailed him.

I am not a crook ... Dick Nixon

Dean has a few choice words about Bush's WMD investigation committee who are just now getting started

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/20/findlaw.analysis.dean.wmd/index.html

Go Go JD

6. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

John Dean is pathetic.

He was not merely “involved†in Watergate, he ran the show. When it went south, he lied about it to protect himself while selling others out. What a coward he is!

The Facts

? He lied during testimony to save himself. History has proven this.
    ? He lied about his book Blind Ambition. Not only did he not write it – as he first said he did – he didn’t even read it all! He was forced to admit that, even though he received the galley proofs, he didn’t read them! He used a ghost writer named Taylor Branch. When questioned about misinformation in the book, he blamed Branch for it. Of course, that is a losers move for you: he was the one who provided the information to Branch! (Taylor Branch btw way is a Pulitzer prize author who credibility seems beyond reproach.)
    ? He was forced to withdraw from his first lawsuit against G. Gordon Liddy because he was proven to be a lair. He had to admit that while under oath. He brings the lawsuit then has to drop it to avoid losing it.
    ? His second Watergate lawsuit was declared a mistrial. 5 of the 7 jurors ruled against him.
    ? In the defamation lawsuit filed by Ida Maxwell Wells against G. Gordon Liddy, of which John Dean was a part of, the Court ruled against Wells and Dean. Too funny. This was in 2001 I believe. Hardly ancient history.
    ? He was proven wrong in the book Silent Coup. Len Colodny & Robert Gettlin (who are not Conservatives btw) seemed to have nailed it. Dean filed a lawsuit against them. To quote Bob Woodward: “I suspect John Dean's going to win this one in some form, in some time, because the book is so off-base.†Well Woodward was wrong. Once again, John Dean was forced to drop his lawsuit against them on the advice of his own lawyers.

It has been shown time and time again that he is a liar. If the court records are not enough for you (which are a matter of public record btw), he was caught again on Hannity & Colmes on April 7, 2004.

He used government resources to further his own needs, he lied to cover it up and save his own neck, he continues to lie in order to promote himself.

7. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Methinks you don't like Mr. Dean :lol:

Dean is a liar, a scumbag, a two faced slimeball. He is a liar, I tell you!

Those tapes were doctored!

G. Gordon Liddy is a fine upstanding citizen! Never mind that he was convicted of burglary and conspiracy. Never mind that he called government agents "jack booted thugs" and told listeners on his talk radio program to how to kill government agents: "Shoot for the head. They'll be wearing vests."

Never mind that Nixon resigned the presidency over the Watergate coverup and was a national disgrace.

Dean is a liar. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should apply for a job at the Whitehouse Amra. They are always looking for a few good men.

8. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Is this a reply?? :scratch:

I guess by :rolleyes: you mean that you won't let something called the facts get in the way. I guess Dean himself admitting that he lied means nothing to you. Whatever.

weak sauce Ad Hom attack on Liddy btw.

9. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Although my recollection of the Watergate hearings is somewhat aged by nearly three decades of time, I do recall that John Dean's testimony was a breakthrough in this case. He was the first of all the witnessess to state that Nixon was involved in a coverup in the Whitehouse and went into great detail on this matter. His testimony was in direct contrast to Haldeman, Erlichman, and Mitchell's prior statements to the Senate investigation committee. Haldeman, Erlichman, and Mitchell were "all the President's men" who blantly lied, under oath, to save Nixon's butt.

If my recollection is correct, much of what Dean reported was later confirmed by the White House tapes made during this time.

Say what you will about Dean. In the end, the buck stopped with Nixon. He was the President of the United States and it was his responsibility, not Dean's, for authorizing the attempt to cover up the Watergate break-in with hush money.

It was Nixon who later resigned over this tawdry affair. For if he had not, then he would not only have been impeached but convicted of this felony. It was his own paranoia that cost him his job; stained the presidency, and disillusioned the nation.

He should have served time ... but it was politics as usual.

Regardless ...

You have attempted to discredit the work of Dean by character assassination rather than commenting on his issues.

Attacking his issues, rather than the man, would have been more to the point.

PS: My apologies if I bacame rather caustic in my thoughts of radical right wing fanatic G. Gordon Liddy. Although I have little respect for this man, I will, however, withdraw my statements about him concerning this matter.