The last PS2 game I will buy.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
The last PS2 game I will buy.

Since I can't get a PS3 yet, and my comp is being healed. I am bored as hell.

I have pwnt all my other games and have lots of time that needs killing. I need your help deciding which game I should get, a well known decent rpg called xenosaga 3 or a less well known game called rogue galaxy.

I have heard and read lots of good points about xenosaga and only 2 bad points: long too detailed story and boring dungeons.

Rogue galaxy seems interesting, but I will try to get more info...

Thanks for any replies

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
well first of all, rogue galaxy isnt out yet.. at least not in the U.S.

IGN gives Xenosaga 3 an 8/10.

But have you considered FF12? I've read that it is one of the best RPGs for PS2. However my friend who played a good amount of it says that it does get very boring in the game.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
My roommate bought Xenosaga 3 for a week or so, got bored of it before he beat it and traded it in as part of payment for FF12. As far as I can tell he prefers FF12 a lot more, although he isn't playing it right now either. Not because he's bored of it, though, but because we have Gears of War now.

And I hope this won't be your final PS2 buy, considering God of War 2 is still on its way...

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I have heard of Xenosaga, and the good things about it, but I have also heard it is somewhat long and has a very, very, very involved storyline.
I would recommend Star Ocean: Til the End of Time for an RPG, has a strange story, but is mostly about the game. If you can find it, pick up SO: The Second Story, it is even better. Both are pretty long, spanning two disks, and each has lots of skills, bosses, and a pretty sweet secret dungeon or two :wink3: Also, real-time combat is a plus.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
I already got SO:tteot a long time ago. From what I gather from reviews of ff12, the storyline is...not very smooth and the gambit system is not good.

i like ff series except 9 and 12 looks to follow that path, to me.

I wonder when RG is coming out...

things look bleak to me...

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
the last ps2 games i'm going to buy are FF XII and xenosaga 3. oh, and katamari damacy 2.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
:/ maybe I should settle?

I need a quick response within the next 5 hours so I can decide what to buy, please!

since Rogue galaxy isn't out in U.S. yet, grrrr, I have narrowed it down to ff 12 or xenosaga 3. The FF series has usually been good enough for me, but I am still iffy about ff 12.

What are the bad points in ff 12 besides running back and forth?

Thanks for any additional replies. Oh and how long for a casual gamer to beat ff 12?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
I need a quick response within the next 5 hours so I can decide what to buy, please!

since Rogue galaxy isn't out in U.S. yet, grrrr, I have narrowed it down to ff 12 or xenosaga 3. The FF series has usually been good enough for me, but I am still iffy about ff 12.

Thanks for any additional replies. Oh and how long for a casual gamer to beat ff 12?
that's really the only bad point about ff 12 my friend complained about. It can be boring to the point that you and your friends take turns playing. But overall, it's still an excellent game once you get going.

IGN says that it can go around 60-140 hrs of gameplay.. iirc

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
The storyline is more confusing than eight's

IGN says that it can go around 60-140 hrs of gameplay.. iirc
I'm at 65 hours and about 70% of the way through according to my strategy guide - on my fourth esper, out of twelve I think, and 3/10ths of the way through the enormous hunt side quest.

If you ignore the story, the game kicks.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
You do realize Guitar Hero 2 came out right?
Yeah, but I'm looking for an RPG game that will last me till my comp is fixed.

Nobody I know seems to care much for music type of games, so I kind of avoid those...also, I don't play those much anyway.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. I'm sure 12 should be better than 9, for me anyways. I think I will get ff 12.

One last note to anyone who played xenosaga 3, were the dungeons boring and repetitive?

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Bah. I loved 9. I thought it was a great throwback to games of old. Vivi also kicked major ***.

8 was the worst FF in my opinion.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
8 was different I'd agree, but the junction system was cool. Boosting summons rocked as well as the ability to consume opponents.

Just got Kingdom Hearts 2, and even if I am a bit behind in the times it is a nice game.