Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Keymaster?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by d00m2k, Sep 28, 2006.

1. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

The Keymaster?

I am the gatekeeper...looking for the keymaster ;)

What HC char is best for rounding up all the keys for the ubers? Is there any build that can get all the keys fast, and kill izzy/lilith/duriel?

I'm not necessarily looking for a character that can do Ubers, just one that can get everything in place to do ubers.

2. scottskyetwo

scottskyetwo IncGamers Member

Ide think hammerdin would be best or fire sorc because countess and nilithak are both immune to cold. Smiter is by far the best char to solo ubers

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

An extremely well-geared Hammerdin can do all of those things, but you'd need an 'Enigma' caster setup for the keys and a 1-point Smiter setup for the Ubers and the Organs. Otherwise, not recommended.

Light Sorc is best for three-key runs, just make sure you gear up for those poison vipers on Nilly's level.

Barb is also pretty decent for keys as he can run pretty fast and doesn't have to worry as much about the poison vipers; the only problem is he can't Teleport.

For Organs you're best off just using the same Smiter you use for Ubers. A Frenzy Barb also works but requires better gear.

4. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

I was able to successfully kill all three generals with my Lightning Sorc, but it wasn't particulary easy, even with good gear and level 50ish BO. Lilith was especially difficult. I had to juv my merc almost a dozen times to keep him alive. As PT said, though... two chars is pretty standard. Lightning Sorc to run keys, Smiter to kill the generals.

5. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

i agree w/ trumpet, if u want one char, it should be an ubered out hdin w/ smite for bosses. I used to do all keys w/ hdin, then use hdin/smiter for the portals/trist. A lvl 40 bo helps too :)