Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the Kc cube

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Jun 26, 2015.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

As I've been on vacation with limited Wifi connection i finally got a chance to listen to the latest podcast concerning the new KC cube. Wow was all I could think. This is going to be a very nice patch and build ideas are starting to ooze from the deepest corners of my HC brain. Any 1 else catch the podcast/read up on this the new patch yet?? Ill be home Saturday afternoon and look forward to getting more info...

2. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

I've posted about this in the barb thread, but I think this seperate thread is more appropriate.

I've had a look at the upcoming legendary passives and skill changes, and I figured these are the most relevant ones:

Regarding the cube, I'm thinking of the following setup:
    Weapon: assuming The Furnace's damage vs. elites is a valid power, then this will be a given. Otherwise Corrupted Ashbringer comes to mind.
    Armor: many great options here. I think Hexing Pants and Pride of Cassius are the top choices. For hunting those new cube materials (non-Grift) Goldwrap (+ Boon of the Horder) or Harrington Waistguard could be nice as well.
    Jewelry: we will most likely want the RoRG's power in there, due to its mediocre affixes. This leaves both actual ring slots open for F&R, or Unity + Convention/ORotZ/whatever.

So what are your thoughts?[/user]

3. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

I think the best use of the cube passives is going to depend greatly on the class and build I think.

As you said, RORG is a prime candidate to put in the cube as the ring tends to be less power / prevent better rings from being used. That said, you can also put the immunity effect for one element in the ring and then wear another immunity amulet for a different element. Imagine being immune to fire (molten, mortar, fire chains, desecration) and a 2nd element of your choosing (poison for the annoying RGs, cold for frozen, lightning because it hurts at high GRs).

I think in most cases the armor is going to let you have the bonuses of one of those special non-set items that are really set items in addition to your set. Or you can wear both. For example DelRasha wizards really want to wear Crown of the Primus to give ST the effect of ever rune but they can't because they need to have either one of the set helms on (even with RORG). Now they could cube the primus effect and wear the set helm. Not that anyone plays that build but you get the idea.

The benefit from the cube weapon passive varies greatly depending on the class. Classes that have hugely valuable build-defining weapons can now use two of them. Imagine a WD with SMK and Dagger of Darts? For other classes the Furnace always seems to be a valid choice but even there will be other choices. For farming builds Aether Walk can't be beat for wizards--now they can add that power and still use a more damage-oriented weapon.

4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I woke up early and found realms down already for maintenance - new patch today??? I guess I wont find out until tonight after work..

As far as the cube goes, ive read up on it a bit now and I also believe its going to be different for every class/build. Im sure most will try and cube a Furnace/ Rorg, those 2 are hard to pass up, Wd looks to be real interesting too as Timesink mentions above. Im guessing a few people will figure out the BEST available to get the highest Grifts and most will follow those builds and have all the same items.

I however find it boring and repeatative to be a clone and don't care about being top of the leaderboards so I will figure out a build I like and enjoy playing. Im hoping this patch brings a little play diversity and allows all the different sets/Elites to be used instead of the standard builds that everyone deems are best..

That's the thing about D3 I hate the most - Very Little Build Diversity. Cant manage your own stats and make a build that works for how you like it to be.. Hoping the cube goes a little way towards fixing this issue....

5. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

There is more build diversity every major patch. Wizzies now have delrasha + firebirds, Crusaders have Akarat + Roland, DH have marauder + the multishot one, etc... The problem for me is that each new patch brings a new, special, favored class with the new hotness OP set. My WD class seems to be next in line.

If Heltooth makes it in, my lord. Pirahnado into Wall of Death/Ring rune looks just absurd. I've been waiting for a set for the WD that makes the WD the star - pet docs are fun, but there's something to doing the job yourself a la Jade Harvester. I itch for a viable Acid Cloud build, or Zombie Bears or even Firebats. Looks like they might be coming and that's great! Assuming the other new set is viable, WDs will be able to chose between standard pet doc, carnevil pet doc, jade doc (if spirit walk gets fixed for that set), heltooth doc, or spiderdoc/nuker.

I think the biggest problem with making a build that works how you like it is that there are so many behind the scenes interactions and calculations that don't make any sense or have any rhyme or reason - your build might totally work in theory but in practice doesn't b/c the bonuses don't work together or the +15% damage you thought was multiplicative is really additive and actually increases your damage by 1.5%.

As a long term almost exclusively WD player, I'm stoked to see how the new Cube and the two new sets revitalize the class. Sad to see all the FotMs come, but that's a good problem to have :p

ZappaFan likes this.