Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Javelin Tree and Attack Rating

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cattleya, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

The Javelin Tree and Attack Rating

I know that the bow tree is bugged for amazons so that you don't actually get the displayed AR, but I was wondering about the javelin tree.

I vaugly remember this coming up in a thread, but I couldn't find it with a search, and I don't remember what the final conclusion was. :undecided:

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I don't believe so. I made a Jabberzon a while back and she had no trouble hitting (even with the meager AR bonus Jab gives).

crg

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

From what I can remember reading, the ranged attack's AR bonus does not work, but the melee should.

1337 post :smiley:

4. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for thrown javelins. I don't know what the expected rate should be (I don't do maths :smiley: ), but experience tells me that about 1 in 10-12 LF javelins does physical damage. This estimation was made during Pindle runs when he is LF (hey, I can as well throw those things while I wait for the merc to kill him).

I didn't try to melee him, so no idea about that. :wink3:

As always, I could be completely wrong!

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I also think that it's OK for melee physical attacks like jab, fend and impale. On the other hand, there is no ranged skill with AR addition except the Plague Javelin, so it doesn't really matter. I am not sure about Power Strike...

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The bug is only in effect on the amazon's ranged skills, Power strike for example, gets the bonus just fine. Note that the bug is only about the +% AR on the skill itself.

7. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I've got a couple of melee zon ideas bouncing around, and I wanted to know if I had to make other arangements for AR. I've bookmarked this thread now so I can find it when I forget the answer again. :grin:

8. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

I hope you'll keep us updated on your melee amazon ideas and results. I'm playing an LF/PJ zon right now. Typically I use both skills to thin out packs of monsters, then rush in to melee any survivors. I've found that when I do melee, my AR is just pitiful. I think my chance to hit Abyss Knights in Act IV NM was around 72%. Again, just pitiful. It's definitely an area I need to work on.