Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Jabbahzon? LLD?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by BreakThruX, Feb 15, 2004.

1. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

The Jabbahzon? LLD?

Could someone please give me at least a relative idea of wat the skills/equipment/stats/strategy of a low level jabber zon ranging from level 15 to level 35ish. Thanks in advance..also if ytou got any good gear to trade lemme know.

2. minion

minion IncGamers Member

why didnt you simply make one thread named "LLD BUILD HELP PLEASE"

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Ooooooooh a JABBER!

Level 25:
    Rare harpoon/spic.
    20% ias, -req, 80ish max is optimal, a little less dmg (this is 1h dmg, not throw) is ok, dont losethe 20% ias though
    45 max helm
    sanders boots
    15 max twitch
    deaths combo
    angelic ring/ammy
    manald heal
    30 max BSOD

charms: 3ish sharp grands, rest smalls of life.
    Skills: 50% dodging
    50% crit strike
    1 penetrate
    rest jab.

Theres a basic build for ya.

-Matt

4. BreakThruX

Holy **** lol, i got a twitch, the rest is almost impossible to get for me...eh you know any dueling clans to help me get started? And you got any of those items for trade? Oh and would cow king boots be better instead of sanders?

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

there are a few dueling clans, but by invitation only, and as for trading, i dont wanna trade my lld gear, but its the wrong forum anyhow ;)

-Matt

6. BreakThruX

Well its hc and were hc trading :D. How do i go about getting such expensive gear? And go about getting into these clans. Thanks matt.

7. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

You have cowking boots and the rest of the stuff is impossible to get?!

8. BreakThruX

No, i only got twitch...the set items i could MAYBE get if i got lucky but most of it i cant at all.

9. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

yes, it is a hc trade, hence the hardcore trading forum ;)

No, i dont think ck is better than sanders for a jabber. Since you will be dueling chargers, any r/w you can get is helpful to run em down, it adds 5 less stats, and you lose a little but of fire damage, but thats worth it for 100 AR and more r/w, not to mention you still get 15 stat points...

10. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Hey Matt, I am also interested in making a jabber too, but I'm also in need of the items which I hope to obtain soon. Perhaps you should write a jaberzon guide. You seem to be a very experienced dueler. :)

11. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Thanks cookie :)

I would be a pretty short guide, theres not that much to it, the hardest part is hitting the right ias for jab, because speed breakpoints are invaluable on this build. Other than that, its not too hard :) Yes, i have made some jabbers who worked out well, but its not too special, others have as well ;) I know Barry made one who did well on Europe, I dont think theres that much need for a guide, it wouldent have any big secrets in it or anything, just kind of a compilation of already posted stuff

Aka dueling strategies, posted those here and also in a thread on PvP forum, gear, posted a bunch of times here etc.

I dont think theres much need for a guide, but if you have any specific questions, pm me or post here, ill happily do what i can to answer them :) good luck!

-Matt

12. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

What speed breakpoint (fps) do you need to reach? Please let me know. Thanks.

TM

13. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

i dont know exactly...

I used on one build:
    Bloodfist (10)Twitch (20)harpoon(20) Total (50) and:
    deaths combo(30)Twitch(20)Harpoon(20) Total70 and there was a biiiiig difference, it was very noticable. I far and away reccomend the second setup, i dont know the exact breakpoints, but its somewhere between 51 and 70 that hits a damn fast ias breakpoint, sorry i dont know the exact number, im not too much help i guess ;)

-Matt

14. RlNDl

RlNDl IncGamers Member

Maybe these tables can help?
    http://www.diabloii.net/characters/amazon/faq2.shtml#What is IAS?

If I understand theis correctly, Harpoon is -10 so that would give a 5,5 fps attack with setup no 1, setup nr 2 would give 5 fps attack.
    True??? :scratch:

15. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

actually its not that hard to make a decent jabber. You don't need all the perfect items. Basically 21 is a good lvl to shoot for, try imbuing a lot of ethereal war javs. Mods to look for are of course high dmg, ias, and amp. Gear to use is generally deaths sash and gloves, sanders boots (real cheap), angelic ammy/rings, 42-45 max helm, a max twitch or 42-45 breastplate (depending if ur wpn gets ias). Skills get around 12 or so critical strike. A few into dodge 1 pt into avoid should be suffice since few ranged duelers out there. 1 pt into slow missle vs sorc's or any bowazon/thrower that you encounter. Rest into dodge (shouldn't be more then a few pts).

You should post around 800 life and 400-500 dmg with an ok build probably 900 and 650-700 with really nice stuff. If you get repair javs then throw works great on switch and I repeat DO NOT use spics they're slow as dirt.

16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I agree on some points, not on others.

For spics, i have not used them myself, but with all other IAS gear, you should be decent on speed.

Speaking of speed... a 3/4 max'd armor is NOT the way to go on a jabber! Twitch beats it any day. There is still one socket for +max, then theres 20 stats, FHR, increased blocking, IAS, its much much better for a jabber!

I disagree on staying at 21 also, obviously its personal prefrence, but i feel a 25 is much more effective! The damage difference between war javs and harpoons is too much to ignore.

I think that a point into avoid is a waste! Sorcs and amazons are not too hard at low levels. If you are dueling a sorc anywhere near your level, chances are it will be a fireballer. Not too difficult, because its not guided! Just practice not getting hit and circle in on her. Enough said, not too hard a duel.

As for bow wielding amazons, they are really nothing until level 33 when kuko comes into play, though they are still not too hard, use the walls in the blood moor, and try to close in. 1 point in avoid will not help you avoid enough arrows to really make a difference in a duel with an amazon, and its not needed anyhow! With such high life/blocking, you will be fine.

Im not sure if you saw, but i mentioned i dueled a 42 burittozon, she won once, took a few arrows to get me to half life w/ blocking and all, i fluxed at half life, then i beat her the second time, i was able to close in, she fluxed. Bowazons just are not the same as they were in 09, not a big worry in low level duel.

I also feel you need more than "a few" in dodge. You should aim for 50%, after all, thats what sets the jabber apart! Her dodging is what really makes her shine. Im not sure what 12 points into crit comes out as in terms of % critical, but 50% is also what you want to hit there.
    After that, 1 in penetrate for a 35% AR boost, rest in jab.

-Matt

17. BreakThruX

From what i've seen, matt's idea seems alot more reasonable...i've heard it from lots of people: life > damage in hc.

18. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

No, i only got twitch...the set items i could MAYBE get if i got lucky but most of it i cant at all.

You can find all of these things. For the jewels, you can run arcaine sanctuary and the false tombs of act 2. For the set / unique items, just kill normal baal, mefisto, diablo untill one coughs up what you need.

Harpoons can be shopped from your local trader (don't know which one, you'll need to shop around and see). You can also get a rare one and reroll it in the cube untill you get the right mods. (For easy access to a rare harpoon, use one of your imbue quests).

Have fun with your dueller...

19. BreakThruX

Run arcane? Nm or ? I was doin nm act2 and i found a 14 max 24 cold res jewel in arcane and a 13 somehwer in there. Also 2 amns and a sol. Whats the recipe to reroll a rare?

20. Zabin

Zabin IncGamers Member

6 perfect skulls.