The Item Find Thread

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
So I take my first cycle of runs this morning and from the first champion pack in the ancient tunnels, out pops a Mythical Sword. I seem to be getting better luck with my blizzard sorc, even though they use the same gear - crazy. After shadow dancers from my last run last night, that makes two 87s in two cycles of runs - definately not complaining.

Moog_playa

Diabloii.Net Member
Found some goodies in the last few days...

Wrist Spike (jade talon), Razortail, Cantor Trophy #2, Fleshripper fanged knife, and I know I've found more, but I can't remember. Wish I could automatically have my D2 stuff here at work with me. Anyone wanna donate a fast laptop? :D

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
10 Items left for my Grail. Here's #11, just dropped in WSK Level 3. Took me two weeks to get from #11 to #10 though. I still have a ways to go.

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 136
Durability: 17 of 24
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Required Strength: 166
Required Level: 71
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x6ac27093
+21 to Dexterity
+89% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Takis (El_Greco)

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Takis said:
10 Items left for my Grail. Here's #11, just dropped in WSK Level 3. Took me two weeks to get from #11 to #10 though. I still have a ways to go.

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 136
Durability: 17 of 24
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6ac27093
+21 to Dexterity
+89% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Takis (El_Greco)

Nice .. it's been taking me about a month to go from one level to another and I'm still at 54 items or so :(. Strange how I never find anything from Pindle and how I always find the same things over and over from everywhere else .. really frustrating!

--T

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Nice .. it's been taking me about a month to go from one level to another and I'm still at 54 items or so :(. Strange how I never find anything from Pindle and how I always find the same things over and over from everywhere else .. really frustrating!

--T
Have you tried to get new map? By using same map always you will mostly get same base items

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Yup, I swap maps all the time. If I get a base item of a set/unique I don't have then it will almost always be rare/magical/normal ... if it's an item I already have, odds are that it will turn up set/unique at some point. I keep on hearing about how everyone and their pet cat has found Tal's armor but I don't think the game likes me enough to give me one :( Ah well, as the ancient Romans would say "Aluta Continua"

--T

nikstone

Diabloii.Net Member
A while ago, someone posted about drops from chests and similar crates.
Lately i had more unique drops from such then from monsters,

Notable founds:
Titans Revenge from Large Urn in Far Oasis
Jade Talon and Steel Shade from simple stash while Meph running
Cranebeak from Evil Urn next to Shenk (or was is the chest, not sure)

Kaelin

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Yup, I swap maps all the time. If I get a base item of a set/unique I don't have then it will almost always be rare/magical/normal ... if it's an item I already have, odds are that it will turn up set/unique at some point. I keep on hearing about how everyone and their pet cat has found Tal's armor but I don't think the game likes me enough to give me one :( Ah well, as the ancient Romans would say "Aluta Continua"

--T
*groans* I know how you feel...I've found ONE Lacquered Plate (and it was white) after the running the Pits on multiple maps ~100 times.

Ah well, this Balrog Skin has placated me somewhat.

ONE!

Regards,
Kaelin

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:

--T
I changed my map about a month ago because I wasn't getting any Hydra bows. I went thru about ten maps when I came up to the one I've got now. It drops Hydra bows and Sacred armours like crazy, but I haven't seen a Tyrael's yet.

Doc I would try to give you some advice, but you know more about this game that I could ever hope to learn.

By the way, I ran Pindle as much as I run Pits & Baal, but I have yet to get any Item worth keeping from him. I'm hoping one day he will make all these runs worth it.

Takis (El_Greco)

TraxisX

Diabloii.Net Member
My Necro has just gotten to Hell and I have done ~20 Pit runs with 253% MF and I have yet to find ANY unique or set items at all. I have found a few semi-decent rares, but not much else. Is this normal?

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
TraxisX said:
My Necro has just gotten to Hell and I have done ~20 Pit runs with 253% MF and I have yet to find ANY unique or set items at all. I have found a few semi-decent rares, but not much else. Is this normal?

I think you're going through a streak of bad luck. Might want to up you /players to us much as you can stand without getting killed easily. But under the best of circumstances (Players 8 and MF above 400) the the Pits average less than 1 unique and less than 1 set per run.

If you don't get anything soon with at least at players 3, you might want to change maps.

Takis (El_Greco)

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
TraxisX said:
Is this on /players 1 or /players 8? But in any case it seems you have had bad luck, so just keep trying, you will get sweet finds if you be persistent enough :thumbsup:

@ Hakai & Takis

Yep, I had a Pit map too which dropped lots of hydra bows but it still required ~1000 runs there to get Windforce. That map dropped nice amount of Lacquered Plates too, but I haven't found Tal's armor yet. Sometimes game just won't let you find certain items :grrr:

And Hakai, don't swap your map too often, I usually do at least 30-50 runs before getting new one. You can do 20 first runs getting nothing and soon after that finding something really cool. That has happened to me. Only thing which matters is what base items you get, everything else is just luck

But now im going to bed, I should have done it 2 hours ago :yawn:

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Because you have such a minimal chance of getting uniques, the map doesn't play that large of a part in getting items you want.

I've noticed that even though some of the base items drop a lot, I still haven't gotten the unique/set version of them. So even though the base items drop a lot, when it comes down to obtaining unique and set items of the base item, its still just all luck because the chance is so small.

TraxisX

Diabloii.Net Member
I decided to try a /players 8 run to see how fast I could go, and the first unique monster I killed dropped this bad boy :surprise: :

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 436
Chance to Block: 72%
Durability: 40 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x86db4784
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+158% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

I swear I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. This is definitely my best find EVER. I also found a Circlet. I guess I should keep trying on /p8! :clap:

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
TraxisX said:
I guess I should keep trying on /p8! :clap:
I think that's the best way to go, I find often it's not the unique monsters dropping the good items just the normal run of the mill critters.

Well best find for today - IST from hell hellforge - yehaaa

buffa

Diabloii.Net Member
I find 1 metalgrid during my Baal run!

Hope that it is quite rare for him to drop metalgrid :DD

nikstone

Diabloii.Net Member
Another good chest drop, right next to Mephisto Oculus, my first ever

Finnally I started to do some pit runs with my necro. I did 4 pitruns on players 8 with about 600%mf. Only ONE lowsetdrop.
I switched to players 1 and got trangs gloves and bonevisage in the next run.
So I tested a little bit doing pitruns on players 4, 8, 1, and the number of the uniques and sets seems to be the same at average on any players setting.
Altogether with my paladin and necro I did about 200 pitruns and I must say I saw posts with people with much less mf but better findings.
That does not bother me, Ill just play, and play, and play.... till I find them all.
So, LUCK and persistance to all of us.

Cheers

TekkaZeroX

Diabloii.Net Member
buffa said:
I find 1 metalgrid during my Baal run!

Hope that it is quite rare for him to drop metalgrid :DD
That is one sweet mother of a drop. I would love to find one myself. I only have one, because I traded for it. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Anyways, the pit was very generous. It dropped me this nice item for my grail. :D

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 236
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xf7ed1301
+178 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+15% to Lightning Skill Damage
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

chase_encode

Diabloii.Net Member
If found this in the flayer jungle somewhere. I was wondering, is this usefull or worth anything?

Flamebellow
Balrog Blade
One-Hand Damage: 68 to 348
Two-Hand Damage: 255 to 550
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 87
Required Strength: 185
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x4b410d22
+12 to Strength
+7 to Vitality
+211% Enhanced Damage
Adds 233-482 fire damage
+14 to Inferno
+3 to Fire Skills
29% Fire Absorb
12% Chance to cast Level 16 Firestorm on striking
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

chase_encode

Diabloii.Net Member
I just got this from memph. My first indestructable ethereal!
Should slay those demons well.

Ethereal Edge
Silver-edged Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 253 to 450
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Level: 74
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x5625be91