The Isle of Misfits Players 01/31

NeoHydragen

Diabloii.Net Member
*Waves to all the pretty misfits*

I logged on tonight for a few minutes, sat in channels with my old sorc Allisun talked to few people, looked at the ladder, normal stuff. I was amazed that my sin has alraedy fallen down to the 20's on her ladder, *sigh* that ghost of Lib's sin is still there.

I think it's time for a new ladder season, I think I'm ready to come back, but don't feel like doing it now because this season is still in full swing, and I have nothing to swing back with.

Stay safe everyone

Xel'Naga

Diabloii.Net Member
Found perfect steelrends, almost perfect levi, eagle horn, 3 socket tomb reaver, harlie, and eth superior 5% great poleaxe tonight and lost it all for the second time today in a damn mule game.

irish2

Diabloii.Net Member
Ouch Veri, sorry to hear that.

Well my necro is now ready to take on hell, thanks to the generosity of Phur, who hooked me up with some essential trangs pieces, especially the armor. This is my first successful necro, all summon, and I am having a blast playing him. Many many thanks to Phur. :D Playing with this necro has definately made me forget the loss of my trapper, I shall soon see how well he does in hell. I am now at 30/30 skellies/mastery, so I'm thinking he will do pretty well, at least for a good bit.

Also congrats to Louis, his sorc is now up and running. And thanks to Walt and Buddy for their, as usual, invaluable service in making things go smoothly and quickly. It is time for some more play in hell, and maybe a dclone will show up.

Neo, it is good to see you back, and if you feel the desire to join in, I and others would gladly lend whatever assistance to make it as easy as possible.

I have given a lot of thought about a ladder reset, and I think I come down on the side of favoring one. I haven't accomplished all that I would have liked in this ladder season, but I have learned how to play the various characters that are hell viable. For not having played the beta, this learning was necessary. And although I am only just now beginning to find/acquire good equipment for my characters, I am confident that I could do it much more quickly in a new ladder, and possibly make a run at one of the character ladders as well. That would be exciting for me.

Add to that an increase in the number of misfits around to play the game with, from who was here even just at the beginning of the ladder season, or maybe just an increase in people who are on at the same time as I am, and it has become a more fun and full play environment, and I think it would be a blast to start over with a big team and tackle the challenges along the way.

So all things considered, I'm in favor of a ladder reset, though it would be nice if Blizzard would try to fix any of the holes in the ladder that allow duping, maphacking, triggering, etc., that now exists. (I'm not entirely sure what all is out there, other then maphack, just using examples). But even without that, its still a lot of fun to play in a controlled environment.

Enough rambling for this early. Stay safe out there.

Ed

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wanted to Thank Ed, Walt, and Buddy for their help in getting my sorc up to lvl 33 (starting at lvl 20) I never played a sorc before but it definately changes at lvl 30 :D

I too am jsut figuring out how to play some of these characters. It would be interesting to see the ladder reset and how well the Misfits would do now!!

Well, hope all stays safe and enjoy the game :p

Tera-Hertz

Diabloii.Net Member
Louisifier said:
I never played a sorc before but it definately changes at lvl 30 :D

Ya, it does big time. The most boring part of a new sorc is running around beating everything cause your mana pool is still to small to be used freely. Plus at lvl 30 you get Orb!! :)

ffenliv

Diabloii.Net Member
if anyone is in need of an arreats (of which i have 2) or a shaft (1 unid) or a random assortment of other tihngs, tlak to opal, she has the pw to me measly ladder mule acct. I'll be back in the event of a ladder reset .

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Grats to all those who are making progress with their chars.

@ Veri, sorry bout your loot...

My trapsin is doing decent in Hell. I was playing for a bit w/ Phil (skunk) and a fellow Gatter Djoe.

Just did a few pit runs w/ my sin... nothing to show for it.

Then I switched to my Cold Sorcy, went after Meph for abit... best finds were a 5% BK ring and uniq Balrog Blade.

Take care all

Wing

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
ffenliv said:
if anyone is in need of an arreats (of which i have 2) or a shaft (1 unid) or a random assortment of other tihngs, tlak to opal, she has the pw to me measly ladder mule acct. I'll be back in the event of a ladder reset .

hmmmmmm......... :scratch: .......I could use in your absense...in fact I have never seen a shaft or arreats..... :lol: .....but am not sure who opal is :scratch:

but I would forever :worship: your name to who ever would listen

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
Good Morning Misfits!

Wing, thank you for the schmitars! whiggity-whack!

Skunk, thank you for the pgems/pskulls! Next time give me some lucky ones, lol!

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
Good Morning Misfits!

Wing, thank you for the schmitars! whiggity-whack!

Skunk, thank you for the pgems/pskulls! Next time give me some lucky ones, lol!

I still have the gems for you and I believe 1 or 2 schmitars :D

Look for me tonight after 5:30 or so...... *Louisifier

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Sidenote:

DragonEgg / EvilGollum gave me access to his accts and asked that ne gear he has be placed into the Misfit mule if there's some use or give them away to others who could benefit from them.

I'm gonna check the accts when I get home 2nite. And will list items of note.. even though he said most of his gear is "junk".