The Isle of Misfits Players 01/31

Tera-Hertz

Diabloii.Net Member
a moment of silence please?

I lost (no not lost, I know where she is laying) my lvl 73 sorc Sunday. She had a heck of a time with cold immunes. Time for a rebuild. maybe Orb/Fireball? what do you all think?

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
ED: Thanks for the note. I'll look you up. My sorc got to act 3 last night, so I'm a little behind, but I don't suppose it'd take us long to knock off Meph so I could join you in A4. *skunkbelly

Tera-Hertz: RIP. My sorc is blizz/hydra, and that's working fairly well. Kind of wish I'd gone hydra/orb now, but what's done is done. I prefer hydra because of the safety factor it offers... it's nice to look ahead. Of course, fireball is spammable, which is nice... but I use glacial spike as my spam skill, mostly because it freezes enemies while my hydras and blizzards smush them, and also is a synergy for blizz.

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Tera-Hertz said:
I lost (no not lost, I know where she is laying) my lvl 73 sorc Sunday. She had a heck of a time with cold immunes. Time for a rebuild. maybe Orb/Fireball? what do you all think?
Sorry to hear bout that...

I saw your build on a dif post.

I myself have 2 sorcy's a FB / MET *haven't used in a while... and a Pure Cold / Telkx build (current MFER)

The only way my Cold build "FrosTeD_SceNe" can handle CI's is static and let my Def A2 Merc.. do the dmg. If the CI's is has other mods, like Mana Burn ... I'll switch to Chain Lightning or Lightning... depedning on the situation, so I'm not that close.

This build cannot handle The Pit that well so I have been working on a Trapsin. "PsueDo_PaX" is currently clvl 74, her baba merc is 63 iirc... and just last nite, I solo'd NM Baal to get her into Hell. When I get my merc to around 70ish... she's gonna head into the pit.

Her current gear includes:

Shako - open socket (suggestions - other than ptpz)
Skullders - open socket
Frosties
Bartucs
Ward Shield
Sander Boots
T-Gods
Rare Rings n Ammy (provide more rez and some mana)

Merc is using

6/6/20/15 Gaze Traded a KO for this 1 (was unid)
6-soc Superior Dimensional Sword (5 Orts / 1 Amn) Gonna Switch to LS when he gets more DEX.
Black Hades w/ 45 IAS ( I should have given him this armor b4 taking on NM Baal) b4 that he was wearing Venom Ward... poor guy kept dying.

EDIT - I just hate the fact after casting BoS then casting FADE... I end up slowing down. :grrr:

I guess I can pop on a few +3 F-RW charms. Already have 40 F-RW from Sanders

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
Wing, my MA sin is lvl 75, and just got to hell as well, so shout if you're working on the trapper. If you don't need more resists for your trapper, then the only thing that really makes sense in the Shako is a ptopaz... nothing you put in there can affect your trap damage, and though I suppose you could go for IAS, I doubt you need it.

My sorcy doesn't do the Pit, either... too many cold and fire immunes. However, she's having a great time doing Crypt/Mausoleum runs, which are only slightly inferior to the Pit in terms of experience and drops (one is area level 85, one is 83, can't remember which is which). More importantly, everything is a slow-moving lightning immune ;)

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
skunkbelly said:
Wing, my MA sin is lvl 75, and just got to hell as well, so shout if you're working on the trapper. If you don't need more resists for your trapper, then the only thing that really makes sense in the Shako is a ptopaz... nothing you put in there can affect your trap damage, and though I suppose you could go for IAS, I doubt you need it.

My sorcy doesn't do the Pit, either... too many cold and fire immunes. However, she's having a great time doing Crypt/Mausoleum runs, which are only slightly inferior to the Pit in terms of experience and drops (one is area level 85, one is 83, can't remember which is which). More importantly, everything is a slow-moving lightning immune ;)
Sounds like a plan Phil... I'll check out the crypt / maus... it will give me something else to do than Meph runs... he's been very cheap lately.

On another note, from our Pure Game, I was lvling w/ Hakimal - he plays "Mount Olympus"... he was using his necro. I was lvling my merc, so he decided let's lvl together. So we start out in NM Council and work our way down to Meph... everything went well. Meph was still cheap, after all that running.

Then we head into Act 4 - Chaos Sanc. we clear everything, @ Diablo, things were still going well. Then all of a sudden, his life just did a massive nosedive... next thing u know... DEEDS... He wasn't sure how he got killed... to me, it seemed D's fire ring got him, even though he stated his rez was sufficient.

After gathering his gear which including parts of Trangs... he was really depressed and stated he was going back to softcore and only playing his untwinked Druid. I feel sorry for the guy... his only other char is a low baba 25'ish I think.

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
ROFL! Wing and Carnage are trying to trade thier craptacular anni charms for WF and IK armor! (Carnage alone probably has more anni charms than there are WF on the entire EHCL.) That trade cracked me up guys, especially when he said "oh btw I'm on Europe". The sad part is he was gonna do it. Man I feel lucky to get pgems and craft runes for anni charms better than those. You guys have some balls, LOL.

Katatonic

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
ROFL! Wing and Carnage are trying to trade thier craptacular anni charms for WF and IK armor! (Carnage alone probably has more anni charms than there are WF on the entire EHCL.) That trade cracked me up guys, especially when he said "oh btw I'm on Europe". The sad part is he was gonna do it. Man I feel lucky to get pgems and craft runes for anni charms better than those. You guys have some balls, LOL.
Well gee Pub,
I got some P gems, but no craptastic Anni charms.
Oh yeah, I have no balls either. ;)

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
Well, I certainly have some pgems and crafting runes for anyone's craptastic anni. Just let me know! ;) Craptastic anni is better than no anni, which is what I've got now...

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
LOL, well I guess I asked for that one, Kat and Skunk. :teeth: Alright, I'll trade my two crapiest anni charms to you guys for pgems (could use some pskulls ATM).

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
LOL, well I guess I asked for that one, Kat and Skunk. :teeth: Alright, I'll trade my two crapiest anni charms to you guys for pgems (could use some pskulls ATM).
LOL! Well, I have a cube full of pskulls at the moment, and they're all yours if you want 'em. And I'll cheerfully throw in other perfs or items from my trade post at the forum, if you want. Then, after we do the trade, I'll no doubt die within five minutes while soloing ;) *skunkbelly

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
Pub u rolling rares I guess :)

Not sure if the guy was gonna go for my anni for his IK since he already had a 7 exp anni... It was worth a shot.

Louisifier

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:

I too have a stash full of Pgems and a full row of Pskulls.....so if you need let me know. Will gladly help ya out :D

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
skunkbelly said:
LOL! Well, I have a cube full of pskulls at the moment, and they're all yours if you want 'em. And I'll cheerfully throw in other perfs or items from my trade post at the forum, if you want. Then, after we do the trade, I'll no doubt die within five minutes while soloing ;) *skunkbelly
I'll look for you... I'm usually on *cicero1.

You wouldn't happen to have 2x uniq schmitar? Yeah, I know most ppl dont even pick that crap up.

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
WingBlade said:
Pub u rolling rares I guess :)
Yeah, I run Baal (lvl99) enough that I have collected a nice assortment of rares my sorc (lvl97) wants to try rolling since they changed the formula. For example, I have sucessfully pskulled a rare +2 ammy from Baal.

cicero

Diabloii.Net Member
Louisifier said:
I too have a stash full of Pgems and a full row of Pskulls.....so if you need let me know. Will gladly help ya out :D
Alright! I'll open up the crap-anni-for-pgems/runes offer to any Misfit who needs one. LOL, except Wing and Carnage. :p

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
cicero said:
I'll look for you... I'm usually on *cicero1.

You wouldn't happen to have 2x uniq schmitar? Yeah, I know most ppl dont even pick that crap up.
Pub, I have to chk my mules... not sure if I have the blood crescent or coldeye... they look exactly the same. If I have them, their yours.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member
No unique scimitars here, though I'm fairly sure I picked one up and sold it to Charsi within the past week. Who knew? ;)