Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Isle Of Misfit Players 03/09

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by NobodyII, Mar 10, 2004.

1. NobodyII

NobodyII IncGamers Member

The Isle Of Misfit Players 03/09

=================================
    The Isle Of Misfits Address
    =================================

Our Channel is for those that are here to game,
    But know that you’ll be banned, if you are lame.

Beggars, botters and those that use ITH,
    Aren’t the types we want to hang with.

To all those who have come before,
    It’s not our fault that you’re here no more.

Please leave now, if you’re here to ridicule or to flame,
    Our channel is for decent people, and we don’t want you in our game.

RESPECT should be the word of the day,
    Without that, a Misfit game is where you’ll never play.

The RESPECT we expect can’t be traded, bought, or sold,
    It can only be earned, which becomes worth more than gold.

So if you’d like to join our little group,
    Welcome to The Isle of Misfits troop.

Remember our motto from which we all smile,
    “Ask not what the Isle can do for you, but what you can do for the Isle.â€

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Hate to ruin the tradition...

1stpost!....

I'm done.

3. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

Grr 2nd darn you nightshade

4. SecretA

SecretA IncGamers Member

doh..........................losing my 1337 lurking skills

5. Kar-Karuk

Kar-Karuk IncGamers Member

You had some to begin with?!?

Kar. :drink:

6. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Evening everyone. :howdy:

7. Wayfaring

Wayfaring IncGamers Member

Been a while since I was in the top ten! Of course, I never did have any lurking skills. :lol:

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I have no right to post here, but ohwell. ^^

Better start reading now, not when it's 15 pages long

9. Ka0s047

Ka0s047 IncGamers Member

Who said you have no right to post here??? Im shure you are very welcome to post here.

10. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

hmm... Do I get to be the 10th post? YAY for being the last person to be allowed in the top 10!

11. jhcarle

jhcarle IncGamers Member

Cicero, to answer your question on my gear for my hammerdin, here it is:

My hammer is currently level 92
    Skullders (ptopaz) = 139 MF
    Shako (ptopaz) = 74
    HOTO with Ali(clean yet)/Rhyme on switch = 117
    Chances = 39
    2 Nagels = 30,29
    Sandstorm Treks
    35% Gheeds and various other SMFC boost my MF to about 490. Could be higher of course if I ever found some War travs and my merc wears a nice Wealth armor with an eth Bonehew (AMN/AMN) and CoT. The only thing that ever kills the merc is the damn IM down at the throne on my Baal runs.

I don't have max resists but it has yet to be a problem for me. I BO my pally at the start of my runs and it gives him about 4k life/650 mana. When I'm not doing fast MF runs, I can always switch the HOTO to a wizspike to max the resists. It really doesn't slow down my killing ability that much, just adds couple seconds to clear some areas because of lower damage.

12. Dubby

Dubby IncGamers Member

SmoooOooch!

off to teach a bunch of 9yr olds :)

13. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Very nice build and gear, I know your merc is from A2... just wondering which one you ended up with? I'm guessing it's a HF merc, but I just had to ask.

14. jhcarle

jhcarle IncGamers Member

Yup, my merc is Holy Freeze of course. I think it is the best choice for a hammerdin. Also, forgot to list one of my most important pieces of gear and a necessity for all hammerdins; HoZ w/pdia.

15. cicero

cicero IncGamers Member

Hey I was the last post in the old thread! Do I get anything for that?

Thanks for the equipment run down. Lib may still do a hammerdin at some point, but she settled on a lit sorc last night and Xereena was born. She thought about a blizz sorc, but wasn't that impressed with the dmg (I know I know, I told her about cold mast) and my sorc runs around forbing alot anyway. She's gonna try pure lit for now, and add forb later if she needs it. The 2 of us should complement each other nicely. :)

I also think being able to teleport was a key factor in her decision, and an enigma based hammerdin is out of my price range. Apparently all the duped runes have been used up and has driven the prices back up, i.e. back to normal pre-dupe prices. It cost me a storm for a measly GUL rune.

So now that I can make a HotO, I don't need it. But everyone keep looking for 4s and white flails for me please! (Low quality without sockets works too.)

So an addition to the old sorc discussion that Cheng, I, and others had (the wizzy + shako vs tal's orb + helm) would be HotO + shako vs. Tal's orb + helm. Assuming the rest of Tal's and storm in common to both, it works out about the same, at least for my build. HotO + shako yeilds another skill point and 50 mf at the cost of >25 resist all (Hoto is 30-40, Tal's set bonus is 50 + 15 on the helm). (The 10% DR is marginal IMO, as the storm has 35%. If you are using upgraded visc (which yeilds another skill point), then this 10% is much more important.) That sounds worthwhile at first, but it gets a bit more complicated though, Tal's set also has 25FHR, and 0 FHR with HotO + Shako is not a good idea. Further if you add up all the life/vit/mana/energy bonuses on all the peices plus for the whole set, Tal's gives a huge bonus to life and respectable bonus to mana (double or more with BO), though the shako does make up some of it. (I neglect the oak charges on HotO, a lvl20+ Oak dies on a Baal run, lvl4 is basically useless in my opinion.) The +10 dex on HotO is also worth noting as this could allow 10 more points in vita. Unfortunately, my sorc is at lvl97, so its a bit late to be diverting attribute points. Another remark is that HotO + shako has more FCR, and allows for a different choice in gloves. And on the side of Tal's set, there is a bonus to the masteries and skill dmg/enemy resist on the orb. So if I were to switch to HotO + shako I would have to make up for the resist, FHR, and life with charms, giving up some mf charms (losing much of the 50% gain from shako) and possibly a skill charm or two (losing that gain as well). (Another option would be to switch travs for sandies, losing upto 50mf, but gaining 20FHR and vit. (Actually I already wear sandies with tal's set, the PR matches the armor nicely and I hit 2 more FHR breakpoints without any FHR charms. I make up the missing mf from travs currently via more mf charms.)) In the end, for my setup, it would really be about the same, if anything Tal's might come out a bit ahead. Tal's set isn't the best at everything, but it's pretty damn good at a lot of things. And Tal's orb + mask is a lot cheaper than HotO + Shako. In the bang-for-the-buck category, Tal's set probably is the best.

I think a real viable alternative would be to also switch storm for upgraded um'd visc. The str req is less, the dex req is less as the shield blocking is higher, and this change allows for much more vit. I could try it with my sorc, but it's a bit too late as I've already invested in str and dex for storm. I think I will suggest it for Lib though. And since she is going lit, another option is actually the good old lidless. That shield + magefist would hit 110 FCR. The blocking would suffer ofcourse, even upgraded lidless is only 40% blocking on a sorc. Given her play style, this option is probably not a good idea.

16. WingBlade

After last nite's Baal runs, and after watching "The Shield", I took my new sorcy for a few more lvls.

I'm building her as a Blizz / Glacial. She's currently lvl 18, and finally has lvl 1 Glacial... Those really helped me in Maggot Lair.

Seeing as I'm still in a semi-melee setup.

This is my gear right now.

Forge Hammer / Pelta (dropped in game)
    Hsarus boots / belt
    Death's gloves
    Infernal Cap (dropped in game)
    Angelic Ammy / Angelic Ring / Cathan Ring

Armor is a crappy pos that I found, haven't muled armor yet.

Also a bunch of charms for rez / and some small dmg.

Not sure what time I'll be on 2nite, going for the 1st meeting of my new evening job, MR. TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER. I will prob start this next week, so this week will be the last few days I'll be running Hell Baal w/ the Misfits.

@ least I got Psuedo_Pax on the big board, getting up that ladder will take much longer (Tortoise style - actually probably closer to Sloth style), so I'll prob be running her either Saturday evening or Sundays.

For those who are involved in 2nite Hell PA... have fun.

Wanted to relate this story:

I used to do the interview gig a while back as well, just a few months after college.

On one occasion, we were calling the California area, and one of the peps I was working with called a woman in L.A. The woman goes "I can't talk right now, there's a RIOT going on....." For those who recall the L.A. Riots several years back... now that was a disasterous time. We were the 1st in NY to find out about the riots b4 the local news aired it on the East coast.

17. jhcarle

jhcarle IncGamers Member

Cicero, enigma armor is definately a nice armor for the Hammerdin to use. I use it sometimes but usually there is always a sorc with a lot faster cast than me to tele to the throne quicker, so it isn't a necessity. Sure, I'll use it when I rush people because it is safer for my pally with 4k life, max block, and 11k hammer dmg to teleport through some areas than a sorc with say 2k life after a BO.

Wing, if you are looking at leveling that new char of yours give me a shout. I have a couple chars in the 25-35 range that I'll be doing normal Baals runs with tonight for a while. The more the merrier. I'll be using both my accounts *cow_jeff and *cow-jeff for the runs.

Looking for opinions here, what type of sorc is best for just teleporting to throne, clearing the throne room, and killing baal quickly? The most important part is killing baal quickly and safely because chances are I'll use my pally to clear the throne room. I'm not worrying about equipment for her right now but if you have suggestions of equipment setup with the type of sorc you recommend, that's good info to have also. Most worried about what her skill choices should be though. Thx.

18. NobodyII

NobodyII IncGamers Member

Hey Dr. Cheng.. I see you lurking.... :howdy:

19. WingBlade

Pub, I saw your ISO for those jewels. I'm guessing u want 1 of each right? or do u want them on the same jewel?

20. cicero

cicero IncGamers Member

Well for the tele-to-throne part, the skills don't matter much. Decent FCR (63), with decent FHR (30) and some FBR should be fine. Typically you'd have to give up something to hit the next FCR BP. For example, lidless (for the 20FCR) is a poor choice not only because of the lack of blocking and DR, but perhaps more importantly the lack of FBR. Gerke's is also another poor choice here for the same reason. Try a few runes with a Gerke's and you will see what I mean; the block lock can stall your teleport and kill you. Some might suggest ES, but the idea of losing mana while teleporting bothers me. It's kind of like getting hit by a mana burn boss, it can stall your teleport and kill you. That being said, I find the tele-to-throne part is actually the easiest part.

Clearing the throne is the hardest part in my opinion. If you have a hammerdin who can pop through once the sorc arrives, that's probably the fastest way to clear it out. Otherwise, you can encounter all types of immunes when clearing the throne room so your skill tree choice doesn't matter much. If you are doing it solo, you will definately need a second tree. Lit may have a small advantage here as the LI monsters are typically not as beefy as the FI monsters. Hence it is easier for a lit sorc to kill LI, than a fire sorc to kill FI.

The packs and baal are easier IMO than clearing the throne room. For the most part they are always the same. The lit sorc has an advantage here as LI rarely spawns even on the bosses. The only danger is if extra fast fanat Lister spawns. If you are solo, the pack can overwhelm your merc quickly and then proceed to beat on you. Even vanilla fanat Lister can kill your merc off pretty quick when solo. Pot the merc and take Lister out first. Baal just has a ton of HP. Static + a LR wand on switch helps a lot. I prefer to LR first, as the static will shave off a bit more than without it. (Yet another bug.) The skill tree selection probably doesn't matter much for him, though its hard to get CL to jump if he is the only target. Likewise, meteor is useless when he telports away.

Good luck!